Drifting Like to go sideways? Check this forum out.

Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

That has to be one of the coolest coincidences I've ever seen.

-henry
Old 06-20-2007, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

umm didnt drifting accually originate from rally? then the japanese adapted it to get around the corners quicker on the mountains (touge) and now its more about style in the D1

btw was it necessary for the cop to ram him? for all the cop knew it coulda been some car out of control. i saw him start to run after the cop rammed him **** i would of too wtf take me to jail take away my license make me pay fines but dont ram my car for no reason wtf

Last edited by battosaii930; 06-20-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

To clarify Battosai, drifting is a form from rally, the main person who got it into mainstream was Tsuchia Sama AKA Drift God (Drift King to others). He was drifting back when people thought of it as a waste of tires and nothing more than a useless show. Whereas Tsuchia Sama used it as a form to help him avoid accidents in certain turns while racing. After a while, the touge guys started to do it and well, its grown to what it is today.

Now to clarify about what the cop did, he saw the kid drifting down the street, anyone woulda heard it at first and then saw him. He did make a clean stop right in front of the cop, but the cop throws his lights on. At which point the kid decides to pull a fast and furious and try to run away. Which is where the cop used a variant of the pit manuever to stop him from running away. In the end, he will get reckless driving, exibition of speed, exicition of power and evading authority. That kid will at best get to see his license again at around... 25? If he's lucky.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
that's right ladies and gentlemen drifting WAS introduced by the arabians in the mid 15th century and i have irrefutable proof.

Dude, you're an IDIOT . . .Camels are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!!!!! ROFLOL!

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
To clarify Battosai, drifting is a form from rally, the main person who got it into mainstream was Tsuchia Sama AKA Drift God (Drift King to others). He was drifting back when people thought of it as a waste of tires and nothing more than a useless show. Whereas Tsuchia Sama used it as a form to help him avoid accidents in certain turns while racing. After a while, the touge guys started to do it and well, its grown to what it is today.

Now to clarify about what the cop did, he saw the kid drifting down the street, anyone woulda heard it at first and then saw him. He did make a clean stop right in front of the cop, but the cop throws his lights on. At which point the kid decides to pull a fast and furious and try to run away. Which is where the cop used a variant of the pit manuever to stop him from running away. In the end, he will get reckless driving, exibition of speed, exicition of power and evading authority. That kid will at best get to see his license again at around... 25? If he's lucky.
I'm glad you got to that one before I did, LOL! But yeah, the police officer did everything within his rights as an officer, if the kid would have just stayed there and didn't run, the cop MIGHT have let him go. I have at LEAST one story of myself being stupid in an area, a police officer catching me and letting me go simply because I STOPPED and was kind, polite, HONEST and apologetic. I didn't try to say that the clutch slipped, I simply let the officer know that "Yeah, I realize that I was stupid and I shouldn't have done it, I have no excuse." That's when they walk back to their car, write up a written warning, come back and say "Well, try to cool it on the streets, I know you want to have fun, but that's what the track is for." We all learn from those, I've NEVER run from the police . . . . . . . . . . . . .well . . . . . . . .that's a lie, but I've never tried to run in a situation like that . . . .that's just retarded.

-Stig
Old 06-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

Dude, you're an IDIOT . . .Camels are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE!!!!! ROFLOL!

fwd?.........ok i might have to do some more reseach on this one.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:18 AM

i'm broken hearted....... you insulted me on the internet.......

anyways being that i'm an idiot and all i won't bother to tell you to re read my post with special attention to certain key words. after all you're smart enough to figure out that my closing statement was base on what the contemporaries of that first drifters might (there's another key word there for you) have thought. oh well

ps. yeah and i'm the idiot
anyways i have no more time for childish name calling if you disagree with anything i've said at least be prepared to back up your statements with something more than " Your (it's actually you're not your buddy) a stupid idiot!".

honestly i'm not bothered if you disagree with me just don't get personal, it's not necessary.
My bad for lashing out and calling you a IDiot but I was rally offended that you offiliated that stupid a$$ driving the arabs did to actual drifting. The last thing drifting needs is a bad name.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

^
no prob. man
it's ok to disagree just keep it civil

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 06-21-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

AWD De De De De DE Duh
Old 06-21-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
AWD De De De De DE Duh

http://www.nightmajik.net/Loser.wav

-Stig
Old 06-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
I've NEVER run from the police . . . . . . . . . . . . .well . . . . . . . .that's a lie, but I've never tried to run in a situation like that . . . .that's just retarded.

-Stig
-I have a really good story like that. It involves my friends RB20 and his suspended license. Well we were driving down......... yea right, i'd get banned like 20 times for telling this.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Contributing Member

wtf you cant start then stop!!! now im curious
Old 06-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

LMAO sounds like your talking to your LOver
Old 06-21-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
wtf you cant start then stop!!! now im curious

I thought I was the only one that you talked like that too . . .

-Stig
Old 06-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

i think we all have a story or two involving the police. even if it's something small like a seat belt violation or going a few miles over the limit. the problem is that some tell their stories and make it sound like it's cool to things like run from the cops.

we need to make a distinction between those who have come to appreciate imports (or domestics for that matter) but will in no ways glorify illegal activities.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:52 PM

Wow, is it bad that I hope every single one of those drivers died?

Quick Reply: Reason WHY NOT to drift on the streets kiddies.