Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

5spd wiring harness trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

5spd wiring harness trouble

whats goin on guys, i'm in the final stages of my 5spd swap. everything is done ...except for my "custom" clutch pedal, which is fairly simple, and the wiring to the tranny. I know that there are 5 sensors ... reverse light, nuetral position, 5th gear, speedo, and rotation sensor. I've done ALOT of searching, and i've found a few links that will help me out, but i'm still a little lost. i went to the junkyard and pulled out a harness from another 5spd, and strangely, it came out with a bunch of other unnecessary sensors and wires leading to other parts on the engine. I always try to do a suffiecient amount of research before asking questions, but wiring just confuses the **** out of me for some reason. if anyone can give me a little "direction" , it would be much appreciated. Thanks, ahead of time.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Hey bro... I don't understand the question. What's the question(s)?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:19 PM

you could just go and read my thread on auto to manual
but anyway I jsut finished mine, i used an auto harness and only used 1 sensor, that was the reverse light (third one down the fuse box), and then splice the clutch starter, which is the i think the first one, well whatever they have two big wire. haha
Old 10-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Banned

okay, so the auto harness will work? there's a few other connectors i need though arent there? are you saying i just need to splice the wire to the starter, and add those connectors on to the harness? i'm still a little confused. if you could, give me a link to your thread i'll go read up on that too. i couldnt find it. thanks buddy.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=26129

go buy two pack of male and female connectors so you don't have to use the ****ty connectors if you're using an auto harness. it doesn't matter what is pos or neg for the reverse light sensor, and even if you can't get that right, who give a dam, haha don't back up at night though haha.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Banned

okay i just figured out why my 5spd is confusing me... it's from a sohc motor. the sensors on the dohc tranny are a little bit different. i have the female sensors that screw into the tranny. i think all i need now is the harness that connects to the starter, and from the female connectors, to the male ones near the fuse box under the hood. any ideas where i could find this please let me know... if not, then nevermind i'll figure it out eventually. thanks.