Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Oh No! Now What?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 11:03 PM

Unhappy Oh No! Now What?

Just when you start to get your ride perfect looking on the outside what happens, well you get problems with the engine. Now I've heard a rumor that this is habitual Nissan engine kind of thing but I think my driveshaft is making grinding sounds. It started out not too bad like 3 months ago and it now sounds off even between my shifts, now I know what your thinking, get it somewhere and checked out before you break something, but heres the wierd thing, I did and I keep getting different opinions, the first shop which i go to alot and always has been faithful told me it was my distributor that was making the noise so I bought a slightly used one from a parts distributor and it didn't solve the problem (by the way I am trying to sell it if anyone needs one, its got a warranty) anyways i took it to a family firends shop and the diagnosed it as something in the timing chain area, not necissarily the timing chain itself but maybe a gear, anyway they told me it wasn't anything major and if it got worse to come back. Its about 10 times worse then it was and im waiting till i leave for my trip to leave it with the shop. My friend was the one who told me it was the driveshaft cause he had a similar problem with his 300zx. By the way if you don;t allready know i have a '95 Nissan 240sx SE with the original KA24DE motor with around 105,000 miles on it still waiting for the funds for the SR but its gonna take time. If anyone has had similar problems or knows what it might be I would really appreciate a response thanx guys you allways help