Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Sensors on or near tranny???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:56 PM

Sensors on or near tranny???

Ok, I had my car on the lift the other day, and saw that there was a lot of clay under it. It was just caked everywhere, so I decided to pressure wash it today. Well when I got it on the lift again to day, I found a clip that wasnt pluged into anything. It has a red with blue stripe, and a black wire. I looked all around where it could reach and couldnt find anything.

And also, there are two sensors on the right side of the tranny that look to be the same. One closer to the engine than the other. When I was washing around the one that was further from the engine, I hit it and the little rubber boot that was holding it on poped off and disconnected it from the sensor. When I tried to put it back on, the wires in the boot didnt have conectors on them, it was just like they were cut and kinda balled up and than just held to the sensor by the little boot. I dont know whats up with that, so I just put it back on, no cel or anything, so I dont know.

If you all need pics to help see what I am talking about, I will try to get some. Thanks

Matt