Drivetrain AT/MT Drivetrain discussions on the 240sx and Silvia

Sr20 trany question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Sr20 trany question

I plan to keep my ka24de but there is only one problem and that is that its an automatic and because of that the manual is hard to find around were I live so I went online and even online its hard to find. The more I search the more anoyed I get at the sr20 since there are way more stuff out there for it, they even have six speeds (that aint right man, why my engine so under apreciated). One guy is selling a ka24de tany so finaly I'll have one but he says that it could be used for either sr20 or ka24de, so does that mean they are compatible and i can get a sr20det 6 speed transmision for ka24de especialy since I do plan to supercharge my car and a six speeed would be so awsome. If any of you know if this is true, its a first for me or if this guy is lying, please share your thoughts.
Old 06-02-2006, 07:22 PM

No 6 spd for you, its weak and sucks. I believe the transmissions are the same, the bellhousings on the transmissions are different. If you can't find a KA tranny something must be wrong, because I see them all the time for sale...
Old 06-03-2006, 02:02 PM

maybe I'm just a moron or I am looking in the wrong places, but if you have any sugestions where to find or where you saw them let me know cause it would be very appreciated.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:49 PM

lol 6 speed?? supercharge?? lol dude go to a junk yard look on ebay for a ka tranny if not stick a c4 auto or a 300zx tt tranny ( u need adaptor plater for the bellhousing)
Old 06-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

wtf super charger = FAIL and waste of money.

6 Speed so unecessary on KA even if it was turbo. **** its unecessary on SR even.

The SR and KA transmissions, are basically the same thing minus the bell housing which can easily be swapped.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Levi SPL S14
[B]wtf super charger = FAIL and waste of money.

Whats wrong with them, the ka is a good torqe producing engine so it would make good use of a supercharger and they are cheaper than a turbo and there is alot less computer controls and less matainence and piping and you get good response from them and I don't realy care about the 10% power loss since i will be happy to have 350 hp. I realy don't need more since I want to drive it every day and don't plan on being a drag racer. And I just put in headers that were a pain in the *** to put in and don't feel like buying turbo headers.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

i dont even think theres a kit for super charger, i have seen one that was custom.

a well tuned turbo engine can give the same response as a super charged one, and your not limited on HP.

Super charged KA will not give you 350hp. Maybe 260 but no 350.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:12 AM

I don't mean the superchager alone, I mean with the combined upgrades I have in mind and I do plan on making it custom but its pretty basic. I just like them better I think they are realy cool and I want to be unique and have a car that people will wonder how I pulled it off. One last thing to tell you the amount of boost coming from a superchager is based on the size of the pully so you can get up to 30 pounds of boost from one, I only want around 10. And if the whole thing wont work out than I'm going to make a NA KA, I just don't want to go turbo its too common.

Originally posted by Levi SPL S14
i dont even think theres a kit for super charger, i have seen one that was custom.

a well tuned turbo engine can give the same response as a super charged one, and your not limited on HP.

Super charged KA will not give you 350hp. Maybe 260 but no 350.
Old 06-10-2006, 03:44 PM

theres a reason why you see lots of turbochargers......THEY WORK, i think the supercharger would be a lot of hassle, and it just doesn't seem right on an import. Might as well do the LS1 swap, and SC that bish. But, whatever floats your boat ill find your lost remote.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by LycanRAOR
I don't mean the superchager alone, I mean with the combined upgrades I have in mind and I do plan on making it custom but its pretty basic. I just like them better I think they are realy cool and I want to be unique and have a car that people will wonder how I pulled it off. One last thing to tell you the amount of boost coming from a superchager is based on the size of the pully so you can get up to 30 pounds of boost from one, I only want around 10. And if the whole thing wont work out than I'm going to make a NA KA, I just don't want to go turbo its too common.
When people say unique, it usually means that you want attention.

If your rich and can afford to custom make a SC, then do it. Stop talking and ****ing do it.

Turbo = common and better in every way shape and form.

**** you air breathers im going to be a fish now since air is to common to breathe.