Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Automatic nissan 240sx to manual w/ rb25det engine swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:40 PM

Automatic nissan 240sx to manual w/ rb25det engine swap questions

Okay, i have a 1995 Automatic 240sx le
i have a few questions regarding the engine swap and transmission to a manual.
Obviously i would need a clutch petal. what all is involved with that? i need a petal assembly from my body style 240 s14
and i am going to need to run a clutch cable to the transmission. where does this cable run and what do i need to do with that. i know pretty much all that is involved with transmission swapping an e36 bmw 3 series because i considered it before my bmw was totaled. Now that i have a 240 the bmw is the least of my concerns. I am getting a front clip from jarco inc in canton where i live and it comes with a manual transmission. im not certian if it comes with the clutch petal stuff but im not banking on it comming with one.
if anyone has done this conversion from auto to manual and would like to give me some input that would rock and i would be much appreciated.
also i saw a 240sx with a cleaned up engine bay and noticed how much room there actually is in the engine bay. Plenty of room for the inline 6 cylinder. but my question is how much actual room is there infront of the belt assembly before the radiator. i know you have to remove the radiator fan *deadly piece of crap* i had one blow up on me on a 5 series and it ruined my hoses and radiator... ick but uhm i know ill be removing that and i found some dual electric fans for the swap. would there be room to fit say a 2 inch fan set?

that was question one lol my next question is about airflow in the engine bay. i know this isnt a common question but i am planning on installing a front splitter aswell as an aluminum underbody to the firewall. So there will be absolutly no airtransfer from the engine bay to the under side of the car (increases aerodynamics in the front of the car significantly) but because i will need air to go into the radiator and intercooler i need somewhere for that air to move to do you see what im saying? so i was wondering about a potential hood modification that would alow about 2 square feet of air ventilation on the back part of the hood. like i said i know this is an odd question but i do want all the front air flow to exit out the topside of the car *eg hood ect ect* so the air will enter the front vents and go past the intercooler then the radiator and around the engine and through to the top part of the hood... with some swirling action goin on lol. but as the air enters the front of the car it presurizes the engine bay area to slightly above sealevel pressure and thus the air has a way to escape i will not need a huge hole for vent. maybe half the size of the hole in the front for adequate airflow at high speeds.
feedback appreciated

and any links about wiring up these cars would be greatly appreciated...

I also plan on making a custom 6 throttle body aluminum intake manifold. i was wondering if anyone has done this for the RB series and if they had any ideas. THANKS

Last edited by viperbite; 01-12-2007 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 PM

wat? know one has any input?
lame
17 views not even one reply...
wahhh
any
Old 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM

oh yea i have one for you.i found this here and you might need these,check out this link......... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S13-S...mZ320064328265
Old 01-20-2007, 12:11 AM

it says invalid item?
what is it... lol can you find another link?