Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

couple of q's about sr20det

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 PM

couple of q's about sr20det

first off , will a z32 maf fit right in place , if i splice the wires? wil the plug fit into the other plug? and will the ecu recognise it right awayu or will it be a lmessed up? what do i need to run a z32maf on my STOCK sr20det , and will it make a diference?

psi boost on a STOCK sr20det , i have a stopck sr20det , 3'' exhaust , fmic about 20 x10x3 , with hks bov , walbbro fue pump , , i run it a 12psi , stock gasket stock turbo , will it last long is it dangerous for the motor? if yes what can i doo to change? if no how much more can it take ,

will a gt28rs sold on ebay at 450$ fit right inplace are theyu good? , will the responce better? boost higher? , will the iontake be the same size? , same shape wil it bolt right up where the old one did?

ebay 120$ sr20det headers? the look good? are they anygood? 3'' 80$ turbo elbow outlet? are they anygood?

what is the best bang for buck with an sr20det? mine allready pulls hard but i want more hps with LOTS OF STRENGS! i need reliability! i want a god motor taht last long not 400000km.. i mean taht wont blow up the second i start beating it up...

what oil should i put in it , i was thinking about wuaker state full syntec high reving engine....??? with a quaker syntec filter?

t-body , anmy bigger t-by that fits right where the old one did? without any mode besides the intercooler piping? ,

also i have iridium nhk spark plugs? are they good? ,

i just boght my sr20det motor , im sorry for the question s, i have searched but found no clear awnsers , nissan dealers arent worh **** , i need help from you guys that HAVE sr20det motors!! and have tested.... so pelase guide me! z32 , gt28rs , turbo boost , fmic ,
Old 10-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Contributing Member

yes

yes... upto 15 on a t25

total crap. it's glued together.

header is ok if you go over the welds from what i hear

cams and cam gears

synthetic (some say it's bad for turbo motors)

huh?

use colder plugs.( and don't use super special ones... plain works best as i hear)

SEARCH
Old 10-26-2006, 02:37 PM

so your saying that my ngk plug might what? afect my performance? , will it .... damage my motor?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

u will need a different adapter since it is larger, i got one from pepboys and made it work...you need an safc1 or 2 or else some sort of new engine management or else it will not work on the car...also the wires will need to be sliced or saudered.

like he said 15psi on a t25, make sure ur not leaning out though, injectors would be the next step, which is where u would also need a safc...headgasket will go eventually, so plan on buying a metal one..

NO ebay turbos

manifold..it could last, it may not, ive got a megan racing one ($150) and its been good to me so far, as for the outlet yes the ebay ones are fine, may need to drill and tap the bung plug though to make ur o2 sensor work

as for bang for buck do all the exhaust upgrades and then invest in a metal HG and some 550injectors/zmaf/and safc...then you can upgrade turbo...I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH COOLING UPGRADES, sr20's are known for over heating so please make sure ur engine runs cool..i run greddy fmic, flexalite dual electric fans, nismo thermostat, 80/20 water coolant mixture with water wetter, a radiator cooling panel..

ngk bkr7's are the ones i run and they work great, i love ngk

run synthetic only...10-30/40/50 depending on the weather (cold or hot) and also on the conditions you drive the car, if you beat on it a lot i would do the 10-40...i ran 10-50 in the summer here but now that its getting cooler i run 10-30...and i run mobil1 full synthetic, if you go otherwise i recommend royal purple, but i love mobil1

ask anymore questions, i enjoy helping newcommers as long as they dont test my gangsta!
Old 10-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

oh and if t-body is referring to turbos, yes lots fit it just all depends on ur flange of the manifold u choose
Old 10-26-2006, 11:23 PM

To the poster: slow down when you are typing. I got a headache from reading that first post.