Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Creating RB25det swap site - Swap related

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 05:15 PM

Post Creating RB25det swap site - Swap related

Hello everyone, I've been viewing this site for quite a while and and looking for info on doing a RB25det swap into my 96 240. I am a home mechanic who's done my share of Honda/Acura swaps on my own cars as a hobby. This Nissan is my first owned and like most the SR was the way to go. Well, I've been looking for other options and the RB series motors are in my opinion the next in line for choices. I am new to swapping motors in Nissans, but like most I come to message boards in seek of as much useful information in assiting me in the swap. But like most, information on peforming this swap isnt as plentyful as I expected. It is, compared to the SR, a rare swap. So info is not as accurate and true as I would have expected it to be. There is tons of good info out there...but you have to dig and dig and dig just to come across a thread like "thats not tue, you dont have to do that, or you dont have to do that..or that will not work, that will work" for example. Here in Tampa where I reside in, almost everyone and their mother says "NO" to the RB series motors. Why, well because of the issues we read about everyday on searches and webboards. Handling, fitment, parts, pricing, etc... Yet locally one one PERSON that works at a respectable shop has done the swap to my knowledge. So here in Tampa, the majority of installers and shops are SR biased...because of the issues and their personal preference to the black art of "Drifting". Basically what I am going to attempt to do is create a inexpensive informative site in regards to swapping the RB25det(because that is the motor I am going to do)into the S14 chassis. I am going to attempt to make it as useful for the do-it-yourself(dyi) mechanic out there such as much self...everything from parts, to install guide, to links with other sites and useful information, writeups, how-to's....pretty much everything I can get my hands on. But, this is going to be a long process...so the site will be up and running shortly, but will be empty until I have time to add to it. I myself arent capable of doing the swap until July of this year, but thats the main reason Im trying to compile as much info as possible, to share with everyone else on ONE site, to complete my install successfully in hopes to provide as much information on how hard the swap is, the handeling issues, etc.

What I am asking from the readers of club240 that have ANY INFORMATION, or write ups they would like to contribute to the site PLEASE email me so we can discuss it. This is a completely FREE site I am doing in my spare time. I will not take credit for anything I dont do myself and dont mind giving credit to those who are willing to help the RB community out with information, pics, etc. If this thread is in the wrong place, please tell me where to post it before the mods/admin delete it. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

I think that is a GREAT idea Night has a site similar to that, but not as in-depth as you want it to come out as. Im not the best when it comes to this, but I will be glad to lend you a helping hand on this. Feel free to email me or pm me if you have questions or anything. Good luck on it
Old 02-11-2004, 07:01 PM

would love to see this web site when completed. i have been diging all over to get the info i want. i have gotten alot from just a week of watching this site, but still wanting for info. guess hands on again?
Old 02-11-2004, 07:12 PM

Hijynx, pm send...revhard, its going to be a long process, but its for the RB community so all opinions, site changes, info will be taken into consideration.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Contributing Member

I responded with some info. Hope it goes well
Old 02-12-2004, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member

Check out www.rb25det.org for ideas.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:11 AM

Thanks so far....keep um coming.