Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

damn i think im leaning toward the sr

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 05:32 PM

damn i think im leaning toward the sr

when i first read all the forums i was leaning toward the rb but now its toward the sr. after reading it all i figured that it would be alot cheaper to get the sr instead of rb. i calculated that the total swap of the rb would run about 6-7k and the sr would run under 6k. but for some reason i still want the rb maybe cuz it came from a skyline. can someone tell me something that wuld really help me change my mind.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

Get what you want, with this topic you are about to start a war.

There is a FIERCE battle for superiority between the die hard SR lovers and the die hard RB lovers.

Whatever will make you more proud to own at the end of the day is what you should get.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:44 PM

i know but im asking u guys since you guys felt the power of the two. right now i dont know what to expect so from what you guys think i would like to know. like i know the sr is stock from japan so is it slow? how much faster can the rb be?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:49 PM

you can just go to any forum and read about the pros and cons. dont forget ka-t man, thats another power maker. check out ka-t.org to make your decision making process even harder. theres some nice videos on the forums there. and no matter what anyone says, its not more money, maybe even less. but thats not to start a debate, just saying dont forget it!
Old 11-14-2004, 01:02 AM

yeah dont count out that ka-t. it can make nice power on a decent amount of $$$$. about the same as an SR swap if not less. but like stated earlier, go with what you want, do the research and make sure you want to start the endless money pit. all these swaps can cost lots of pocket change and believe me youll be asking yourself why everytime you want something you cant get because you have to spend it on your project. just do the homework, its worth it.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:48 PM
R32

I own a Skyline and, like everyone else I though it was the Holy Grail of cars.... now I just think its a car. Know what I mean??? I suggest you go with which ever one is the easiest to get parts for and well known to you or someone close to you. Its a nightmare getting parts for my Skyline and I am in the UK.