Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Going back to KA

Old 01-09-2004, 10:10 PM

Going back to KA

well I decided to get rid of my RB20 swap and EVERYTHING I have for it, for 2K and a rebuilt SOHC. kinda sucks that I'll go back to slow, but this way I'll get my drivers license back(suspended due to unpaid tickets). I decided to go for a good handler now. I'm building up the suspension in it, cause I figure that if I can't go fast straight I might as well kick *** in the corners. But for a little bit of pep, so it wont be horribly slow, I'm ordering a PDM 268/272 cam, and a hotshot header, as I already have the CAI from my old SOHC and I already have 2.5 inch exhaust. Just thought I'd share with ya'll.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Contributing Member

Well...at least you wont have the urge to go faster and get more tickets. Cant ya just not go fast, sad to see another RB person letting go of his RB
Old 01-09-2004, 10:21 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Well...at least you wont have the urge to go faster and get more tickets. Cant ya just not go fast, sad to see another RB person letting go of his RB
The thing of it is, I really need to grow up honestly, and sitting and playing with my car doesn't help much, that and just knowing what I can do just by putting down the pedal is nothing but trouble, cause everytime I think about it, next open lane I get, I stand on it and go. I like mountain driving where there are no cops and no other people, so if I hurt anyone, theres a very good chance it'll be myself and only me, and the only time I go driving is around 12-1am so 9 times out of 10 there isn't anyone else on the road.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Nismo241
The thing of it is, I really need to grow up honestly, and sitting and playing with my car doesn't help much, that and just knowing what I can do just by putting down the pedal is nothing but trouble, cause everytime I think about it, next open lane I get, I stand on it and go. I like mountain driving where there are no cops and no other people, so if I hurt anyone, theres a very good chance it'll be myself and only me, and the only time I go driving is around 12-1am so 9 times out of 10 there isn't anyone else on the road.
Ok man, good luck on your future plans bro
Old 01-09-2004, 11:14 PM

well I guess it could be a change for the best my one friend got rid of is beautiful 95se cause he was having problems and since he got rid of it he hasnt had anymore tickets but goodluck with whatever u do
Old 01-10-2004, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Growing up = not working on/playing with cars? That's what defines being a man lol. All them pro draggers at the track are 30, 40, 50 years old and tinkering with cars...if that means they aren't grown up then I'll never grow up! =o)
Old 01-10-2004, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
Growing up = not working on/playing with cars? That's what defines being a man lol. All them pro draggers at the track are 30, 40, 50 years old and tinkering with cars...if that means they aren't grown up then I'll never grow up! =o)
There is a difference between career, and hobby. I happen to let my hobbies take up most of my time, cause they are my hobby cause it's fun. I'm stepping out of the car scene for the most part, just want my car to be semi quick and handle well. And I can do that with what I'm getting now, and I finally can drive again legally and not have to freak out whenever I see a cop.