Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Please point me to a person/shop to do my swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 03:30 AM

Please point me to a person/shop to do my swap

Hello,
I have some money saved up so I was wondering how much a SR swap run in SoCal? Anyone here with swap experience personally do swap at home? How much do front clips normally go for in Cali? I used searched and found some pretty good deals on some of the website for engine, but they're not in cali. Please PM me your quote (shop or at home) for full swap with engine and/or labor. From some of the searches I found, do I need to upgrade anything else other then radiator and fuel pump assumming hoses, seals, belts are good?

Thanks in advance

P.S. Swap going into 92 fastback
Old 08-04-2005, 06:44 PM

Anyone?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 AM

I'm a newbie myself, but I did a search in the forums and found a whole bunch of threads relating to your questions. there's a thread on this already. There's also threads concerning swaps, etc. . . . please read and search the forums thoroughly before posting questions like these or you will clutter up the boards. I think you aren't getting any responses because many members have already given their 2 cents in regard to this topic.

Just to be nice . . . bnecustoms does it, ABCD motors, Phase 2 motortrend, LS Automotive. Average can be anywhere from 3K and up, depending on what you want. blah blah blah, I hate repeating information that's already been said, so once again. . SEARCH.

I think a lotta guys actually swapped the motor themselves, i've heard it isn't too hard. Unfortunately, I don't have a garage nor the necessary tools.

Last edited by VIPCefiro; 08-05-2005 at 10:16 AM.