Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

RB engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 12:56 PM

I don't trust racinghard yet. I do trust Venus. People may have gotten bum engines from them, but I havent heard too much bad. My engine was worry free besides aftermarket goodies (**** you NIsmo241 ). I know NIsmo241 had zero problems with his I think. Some people have no choice but to have some faith in these companies. I live in North Dakota. We don't have shops up here and the ones we do specialize in Honda (Althoguh they were kinda intrigued on doing an RB20....but the guy flaked on me). Some peopel HAVE to order on faith. I did because fromt eh feedback I got, Venus DID send out ****ty engines sometimes, but they fixed the problems.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:22 PM

Nights engine are good

just make sure u get them and he does not scam you out of 5 g's CDN
Old 09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

LoL. Yes, my engines are good (when I have them available) I am in the works right now and came across 5 RB20DET clips. I won't have any RB25DET clips available for probably quite a while as they are getting pretty scarce in Japan and I need to send out 8 of em already as it is, but if you want a RB20, let me know. I also have a few CA18's and SR20's that have been sourced.

Night

Originally posted by RS13
Nights engine are good

just make sure u get them and he does not scam you out of 5 g's CDN
Old 09-03-2003, 05:14 PM

whats actually required or a good idea to have for the rb20det swap into an s13. obviously the mounts are a good idea so everything sits well. i remember reading about a custom driveshaft for the rb25, is that nessecary for the rb20?
Old 09-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Contributing Member

The RB20DET needs a clip and some patience. If you want to, you can order custom mounts...but there's not a kit that's worth it on the market right now. It does not need a custom driveshaft.

The RB25DET needs a custom driveshaft and the clip...otherwise you can get the custom mounts kit (www.supertunermotorsports.com) makes one that's worthy and priced right.

Night

Originally posted by malachi
whats actually required or a good idea to have for the rb20det swap into an s13. obviously the mounts are a good idea so everything sits well. i remember reading about a custom driveshaft for the rb25, is that nessecary for the rb20?
Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
The RB25DET needs a custom driveshaft and the clip...otherwise you can get the custom mounts kit (www.supertunermotorsports.com) makes one that's worthy and priced right.

Night

are you saying that you do not need the r33 crossmember if you have the custom mounts? if so then the clip is not nesessary?
all i would need is the engine/tranny & harness/cpu and evreything else could be custom made?

tosh
Old 09-04-2003, 11:09 AM

Basically, but I would suggest getting a clip. Often motor sets are incomplete. You end up missing little things that are hard to come by.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Super Tuner's kit uses the R33 X-member as far as I know, so you would still need a clip to use this kit....or atleast a X-member.

Night
Old 09-04-2003, 01:32 PM

hey night, what kinda prices can u get on RB25's, and do u think ull have some in stock around december???? i want to do the swap and am looking for a good place to buy, any help would be appreciated, thanx
Old 09-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, by December I should be able to have em stocked for other customers that aren't already on my list. I just gotta hope for a miracle because these engines are becoming so scarce. I have a lot of RB20's availble right now, but no RB25...and I wish I did lol.

Anyhow, by then I'll be a good supplier again...but until then, I'm gonna stay low on selling engines unless they're on the way or in my possession....for prices etc... send me an email.

Night
Old 09-05-2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
The only problems here is that I have dealt with Venus myself.

I got the product after two weeks (although it was in stock) because of them being incompetent at the time when it came to shipping. The engine had bad compression (bad headgasket) and had been Nos'd to all hell. The intercooler was smashed, piping crunched, radiator gone....and they said it was in perfect condition. My LSD arrived after 2 months of ordering...and the problem has still not been fixed with the engine.

Now, SCC never got an engine from me. I had a customer from a long time back that had an engine already and SCC wanted a story, so I gave them my customer to use for the swap guide...that's how SCC got a hold of the info.

And lastly, if you have never been a customer of mine personally, you have no room to talk. The funniest part of forums is that everyone can be an ******* even if they have no reason. I have 8 customers out of 10 that are waiting for their clips to arrive from my new supplier and 2 of them are waiting for refunds (which will be issued out in order of arrival). Nismo241 never bought a thing from me....don't even make me bring you and your dumbass issue back up. Therefore, if there was a problem, my customers who were pissed would be on here bashing instead of someone who just likes to shoot stuff out their ***. Congrats to you.

Night
Well you wanted one of your customers to come here and bash you? Here I am . Some of you may recognize my SN from NICO, I was the guy that started that thread about night that's around 500 posts long now. Anyways, Cameron, I have to say you DO run your business a bit shady. You have no excuse for not gettting in contact with your customers for almost 2 months, and then only getting in contact with one of them and making that guy be the middle man for the rest of us.

And to let you guys know, as he doesn't have it written anywhere, he's got this nice policy of not refunding $500 of your money if you want a refund, even when he did a horrible job and never delivered a product. Now the only place I have ever gotten this in writing was on an invoice that was sent to me almost 6 months after I made my order. Now this is not a term I, nor any of the others I have talked to that ordered from him have agreed to. And I'm not quite sure what the justification is for keeping $500 of my money is for. Not delivering as promised? Not providing any real customer service? I seem to remember Daunttless COMPENSATING his customers for not coming through as promised, not charging them.

But I could go on for a ways about this. Just ask if you have any questions for one of Night's satisfied customers .
Old 09-05-2003, 01:35 PM
Contributing Member

Actually Chris, I have already had people on here that have bashed me and retracted their statements.

You are the reason I changed my phone number. Calling a person every half hour of every day is a form of harrassment no matter how you look at it. I then appoint one person who is level-headed enough to not attack me every 5 seconds he's speaking with me to talk with everyone else. I have spoken with you on AIM about the situation...and told you that you can email me at any time for any questions you might have.....so I really don't see where you're going with this.

My favorite thing of all is how selective my customers are at hearing things....especially ones that pay first with deposit. I always tell EVERY SINGLE ONE of my customers that $500 is non-refundable should they EVER choose to cancel their order...agreement to this term is made by payment. It's really funny to me how any customers wanting refunds don't seem to recall this very important piece of information I stressed to everyone.....but hey, I'm the liar, so go ahead and trash some more.

Trashing me will not get you a refund any faster.....

Night
Old 09-05-2003, 02:06 PM

Your saying a called you a lot? Umm, maybe because you WOULDN"T ANSWER YOUR PHONE. And when did I EVER attack you when I talked to you on the phone? NEVER. You did do a shady job of running your business. Not contacting your customers for months at a time, changing your phone number cause your afraid they might be mad at you, that's bad business. Don't expect what you've done not to be told to other people you may try to do business with. If you want your reputation to improve, fix the things you've done wrong, don't try and keep the people complaining quite. Now I know you say your getting everything fixed. Fine. But it's not fixed yet. You can say all day that your getting more engines and getting people's money back, but until it actually happens I'm going to be suspicious. Sorry if I'm a little worried that your depending on selling some cars on ebay to come up with the money. How many times have you had to repost those listings?

And telling me that trashing you will not get me my money back any fast is just not cool business. Sorry for telling the truth, at least my side of it.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Let's take it back to NICO where it belongs.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:25 PM

couldn't help but come across this topic. I talked to night a couple times and I'm aware of the customers that actually filed a bad business bureau report against night.

Now to the point. With all this going on how can you (night) say you have any word backing up anything you say or do?

Also there's been some people saying that you were using another distributor to purchase your engines and then resell them to your customers. Reason is because they were looking for your shipping ID, and ultimately they couldn't find it. Hence they came across the fact that you actually bought them from another distributor and told it to your customers.

For the future prospective customers looking for an RB25 engine, look elsewhere for the rb other than night. Engines can be sourced elsewhere. Venus does have its draw backs but my sr is running fine when I got it.

Quick Reply: RB engine