Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

rb25det good for daily driving?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 02:06 AM

rb25det good for daily driving?

Ok if i had an rb in my zenki, would it be good for daily driving coz i don't plan on getting another car after i do my swap.. Those of you with the rb engine in it or have had friends that have it, pls give me your opinion on it. I would really like to think and rethink of what I'm finally going to do with my zenki.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

I dont see why not, People in japan daily drive theres all the time...
Old 01-03-2004, 10:49 AM

well i drift every where i go so..... yeah go for it!!!!
Old 01-03-2004, 03:45 PM

I drive mine daily and have not had any problems yet. I have had the car on the road for almost a year and not one problem as far as dependability. But just keep in mind if you do your swap there is always that chance of something going wronge and if this is your only car there could be delays and you not having a car for a short time. it took my car 5 days to get back on the road full time(due to some parts) But as far as the RB for a daily driver I say go for it, I did and not one regret.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by hashiriya13
I drive mine daily and have not had any problems yet. I have had the car on the road for almost a year and not one problem as far as dependability. But just keep in mind if you do your swap there is always that chance of something going wronge and if this is your only car there could be delays and you not having a car for a short time. it took my car 5 days to get back on the road full time(due to some parts) But as far as the RB for a daily driver I say go for it, I did and not one regret.
Youre car is so bad ***, you are so lucky, did Mckinney do your install, how much did you spend, your i/c piping where did you get it? where did you get your motor from?

Anywayzz, I envy you! Anyproblems w/ the p/s, when doing your install, have you ever dragged it?
Old 01-03-2004, 07:30 PM

what is your idea of daily driving...

to put into perspective: my motorcyle is running a race only clutch with race springs....and heavy shock tranny fluid...it takes all I have to pull the clutch at stop lights....but I love it because when the light goes green I can drop the happer and smoke almost anything on the street.........
Old 01-05-2004, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by Sil80guy
Youre car is so bad ***, you are so lucky, did Mckinney do your install, how much did you spend, your i/c piping where did you get it? where did you get your motor from?

Anywayzz, I envy you! Anyproblems w/ the p/s, when doing your install, have you ever dragged it?
Thanks and the answer to all the above is Mckinney's. No problem with p/s at all just had to go with the newer setup on the drivers side like the 91 and up. I have ran the car a time or two but had some adjustement issues and are now fixed. I plan to go and get a good run soon.

Judge: My idea of daily driving is just that daily driving. For the last 9 months it was the only car I had so it was used for everthing everyday. At a minimum it gets 60 miles a day. If the car is put together right it will not fail.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:29 AM

Originally posted by hashiriya13
Thanks and the answer to all the above is Mckinney's. No problem with p/s at all just had to go with the newer setup on the drivers side like the 91 and up. I have ran the car a time or two but had some adjustement issues and are now fixed. I plan to go and get a good run soon.

Judge: My idea of daily driving is just that daily driving. For the last 9 months it was the only car I had so it was used for everthing everyday. At a minimum it gets 60 miles a day. If the car is put together right it will not fail.
sorry that i haven't replied man. Just got doing a 3 day convoy from iraq to kuwait.. dude that **** sucked i wished that i was usin my freakin 240sx.. but if i don't reply it's prolly coz the military is too busy sticking **** up my *** again.. well thanks for the info man i'll definetly check with mckinny's as soon as i get back to the other side.. cya
Old 01-08-2004, 09:39 AM

Well I am headed that way next month. My brother is there till like June. So I will know how you feel when it comes to wanting to drive the 240 real soon.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:29 AM

thanks for being there guys. im not, but i am grateful for everyone that is. kinda off topic, but my hat is off to you. hope to see you home safely soon.