Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Should I get a silvia front clip on my 240sx?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 06:28 AM

Should I get a silvia front clip on my 240sx?

Im still not sure if i should get a silvia front clip for my 1993 240 sx. If possible can someone tell me how much one wold cost and how i can get one please. yo u can contact me by sending me an email at...iam99x@hotmial.com... thanx
Old 08-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Should I get a silvia front clip on my 240sx?

Originally posted by NOS_is_4_cheat
Im still not sure if i should get a silvia front clip for my 1993 240 sx. If possible can someone tell me how much one wold cost and how i can get one please. yo u can contact me by sending me an email at...iam99x@hotmial.com... thanx
okaaaaaay... where do i begin? <disclaimer> warning: i'm about to come off as an *** right now, because of a few things wrong with your post. the following is for informational purposes only, and are not intended to offend you or insult your intelligence </disclaimer>

i'm not gonna bother with the first sentence. next, you've got a 240 and you're on a 240 message board, right? don't you think it would be eaiser to hit that search button and do a search for 'front clip'? don't worry, the search button won't bite, i promise. after you've taken that step, step up to the big leagues and look around on google, yahoo, altavista, etc. same theory, type in 'front clip' or 'silvia front clip', and make nice with the search button. oh yeah, and it's a good bet along with finding the pricing, you'll also find out how to get your hands on one. c'mon, guy... that question gets asked/answered a million times a day. for once, just try looking first.

one more thing, you could have at least posted this thread in the right place (Engine Swaps)...
Old 08-15-2003, 09:25 AM

Re: Re: Should I get a silvia front clip on my 240sx?

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
<disclaimer> warning: i'm about to come off as an *** right now, because of a few things wrong with your post. the following is for informational purposes only, and are not intended to offend you or insult your intelligence </disclaimer>
I like the disclaimer idea...
Old 08-15-2003, 07:31 PM

thats funny as shiat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 PM

my advise...
buy the car first...before you buy a front clip...
Old 08-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nissean
my advise...
buy the car first...before you buy a front clip...
I didnt do that...i bought my clip a month and a half b4 i finally got my car Not the best idea..
Old 08-25-2003, 10:25 AM

Where Are You Located?? Mebbe you can ship your car to So Cal and get it worked on by SiGNAL Auto. They sell/do front end S15 Conversions, I think it was like, $800 for S15 normal light, $1800 for HID's! Just for the kit, labor costs alot more.

www.signalauto.com
Old 09-09-2003, 06:58 AM

Thanx

Hey thanks for the advise...but that was my 1st post and i dont know what i was thinking when i posted it here.]

oh yea ..i did get my 1993 240sx so know your roll and shut your hole.

i was thinking that the price of this would be about $3000. but i guess not. and i did look around fior info on my post...yes...i did use the "Search" button so back off.

iam99x@hotmail.com
Old 09-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Thanx

Originally posted by NOS_is_4_cheat
Hey thanks for the advise...but that was my 1st post and i dont know what i was thinking when i posted it here.]

oh yea ..i did get my 1993 240sx so know your roll and shut your hole.

i was thinking that the price of this would be about $3000. but i guess not. and i did look around fior info on my post...yes...i did use the "Search" button so back off.

iam99x@hotmail.com
ok, ur not making one lick of sense right now. first off, what 'roll' r u talking about? bread, wheels, ecstacy? last time i checked, bright boy, it was 'role'. u watch too much wrestling.

anyway, if u had already (supposedly) looked around and found info, why in the hell did u make that lame *** post in the first place? oh, and nobody was on you so the whole "back off" thing... pointless. where'd u get that one from? the yosimite sam mudflaps? or a taz t-shirt?

alright, to reel this all back in, if u had already searched for front clips and wanted to know more sources that are not so easily found, u could have simply said as much. and to start things off by saying that u didn't know if u should get a front clip or not without explaining the reason why really made u come off as a dumbass riceboy trend follower. things could have been easily cleared up by saying something like "i'm looking to get more power outta my 240 for dragging/drifting/auto-x/track racing/daily driving/kicks" or something. and i don't know why u took it so personally. again, i invite u to use the search button and see how many times others have been told to do that same thing. and to finish off, since u seem to like corny rhyming (like ur johnny cochran or something ), i'm not hating, just educating.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:12 AM

Re: Re: Thanx

ok, ur not making one lick of sense right now. first off, what 'roll' r u talking about? bread, wheels, ecstacy? last time i checked, bright boy, it was 'role'. u watch too much wrestling.

anyway, if u had already (supposedly) looked around and found info, why in the hell did u make that lame *** post in the first place? oh, and nobody was on you so the whole "back off" thing... pointless. where'd u get that one from? the yosimite sam mudflaps? or a taz t-shirt?

alright, to reel this all back in, if u had already searched for front clips and wanted to know more sources that are not so easily found, u could have simply said as much. and to start things off by saying that u didn't know if u should get a front clip or not without explaining the reason why really made u come off as a dumbass riceboy trend follower. things could have been easily cleared up by saying something like "i'm looking to get more power outta my 240 for dragging/drifting/auto-x/track racing/daily driving/kicks" or something. and i don't know why u took it so personally. again, i invite u to use the search button and see how many times others have been told to do that same thing. and to finish off, since u seem to like corny rhyming (like ur johnny cochran or something ), i'm not hating, just educating.
Damn!
Old 09-09-2003, 11:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
[B]ok, ur not making one lick of sense right now. first off, what 'roll' r u talking about? bread, wheels, ecstacy? last time i checked, bright boy, it was 'role'. u watch too much wrestling.

maybe he meant california roll...ummm...i love sushi...
Old 09-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

go sli40
Old 09-09-2003, 06:16 PM

Man you huys are brutal. Everyone has to start somewhere. GEEZ ****ing *******s. Hey thread starter...if you havew nay specific questions...hit me up on AIM. All that typing you did to be a rude ***, you could ahve helped the guy out
Old 09-09-2003, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Spec_v5150
Man you huys are brutal. Everyone has to start somewhere. GEEZ ****ing *******s. Hey thread starter...if you havew nay specific questions...hit me up on AIM. All that typing you did to be a rude ***, you could ahve helped the guy out
and ur any better? last time i checked, name-calling didn't lead to any resolutions. and all that typing was my prerogative. if u look around, u'll see that i have no problem helping others. instead, ur too busy apparently crusing the boards and playing vigilante to make a name for urself. i dunno, maybe ur his dad and got offended because he got corrected. look a little closer and u'll see that i told him why he got the response that he did. get it? if i didn't want to help him, i simply would have left well enough alone so that he would continue asking the wrong questions or coming off the wrong way (for even more people to jump on his case). and yeah, i'm the rude one. who called him an @sshole? oh yeah, nobody. who called u an @sshole? u guessed it, nobody. so how about practicing what u preach before trying to make a big case outta something. anyway, this thread has gone way OT, so i'm done w/it. take it how u want to. one luv...
Old 09-09-2003, 08:00 PM

I doubt the guy still comes on here now but lets see if I could help then. The conversion probably cost $800, but that was on ebay awhile ago. And where to get it, try ebay. The conversion came with panels and other such things that are neccesary. Oh, and definenetly get the light bracket thingie's (people, help me out).

Quick Reply: Should I get a silvia front clip on my 240sx?