Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2002, 07:09 PM

wiring problem

i'm putting a s13 sr20det redtop in my s14, and there is a little difference in the wiring harnesses between the ka and the sr. inside the car right next to the stock ecu is another little box that the ka harness plugs into, but the sr harness is lacking that plug. since i'm going to use the sr harness can i just do away with that box? or Is that box necessary to have plugged in? does anyone know what it does? thanks for any help you can give me
Old 09-10-2002, 08:44 PM

check with Heavy Throttle, they prob could answer in more detail.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:11 PM

well, i found out what this is for anybody that might be doing this same swap later on. that box is for the accecories (locks, windows, wipers, etc.) in order to make it work with the s13 sr20 you have to take the plug for that box from the ka harness and splice it into the sr harness. i don't know any specifics on it, but they said it's a real pain to do. it took my guy 12 hours to get it done.
Old 09-16-2002, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by ILikeDrifting
well, i found out what this is for anybody that might be doing this same swap later on. that box is for the accecories (locks, windows, wipers, etc.) in order to make it work with the s13 sr20 you have to take the plug for that box from the ka harness and splice it into the sr harness. i don't know any specifics on it, but they said it's a real pain to do. it took my guy 12 hours to get it done.
are they 2 connections (blue in color)...right in the pass. kick panel next to the Ecu?...if so those are the A/C relays...had the same problem on my swap...you do need to splice them to match the SR harness to the KA...

-Rick