Paint in the Road (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Contributing Member

Paint in the Road (Rant)

Long story short, paint in the road = paint all over your car when you drive through it. I hate dumb *** construction workers, pick up your mess!

I was driving home the other night and ran through probably a gallon of white paint. I couldn't avoid it. Needless to say, it was all over the sides of my car, wheels, tires, and bumpers. Having wheels/tires that stick out over an inch at each corner doesn't help when you drive through it either. I hosed it off the best I could but now I still see really small dots here and there. It's also all over my tires and latex pretty much = rubber so I doubt it's coming off easily. Any suggestions to clean what is left of this mess up? I'll post pictures of my whitewalls if you want to see
Old 07-22-2008, 02:56 PM

go to an auto parts store and find a Clay Bar. its used to take off over spray. you wet it first and rub it over the area where the over spray is..or in your case, where the construction paint is. i use the clay bar at work. if thats not working maybe get some 2000 grit wet sand paper with a block and very carfully try sanding it out then buffing it with compound. the thing with that is you could wind up buring through your clearcoat if you sand too much off. so try the clay bar first. it wont burn through the clear

funny that you say that because today i was getting a F-250 pickup ready for paint and it looked like he drove through cement because the bottom of the door looked like the inside of a cement truck

getting paint off = no problem
getting cement off = big problem