General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

arrested for practicing drifting.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 12:37 PM

arrested for practicing drifting.

yesterday i was arrested for reckless driving and my car, liscense, and registration were suspended for reckless driving. I was caught practicing my drifting. really sux. anyone have any suggestions for my court date?
Old 02-08-2004, 12:47 PM

hmm where were you practicing at? and how much did the cop see? and get a lawyer, no matter what the tickets for (mostly) you might could get a good enough lawyer to find a way to get it dropped. so deffinantly talk to a lawyer and see what he can do for you. good luck let us know how it goes.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:59 PM

lawyer would be nice, but costs alot. I drifted around a post office parking lot because it is a perfect circle and he saw one of my better attempts. I was definitely sideways most of the way around the circle in 3rd gear at about 45 mph.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:09 PM

wow sounds kind of hard to explain that one but if you find a crooke-i mean good enough lawyer he might could save you some of the trouble, yes they are expensive but definantly worth it in the long run, or in NC theres this thing called a prayer for judgement and you only get to use one once every 3 years for anyone in your household and basically you just go to court ask for a prayer for judgement and in most cases you just pay the court fine and get off the hook. i dont know if they got that option everywhere though but for a ticket like that it would be worth useing it.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Contributing Member

Damn...sorry to hear that dude.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

whAAt?

Chris. . say it ain't so.
Is the sr done in your 240sx?

I haven't a clue what to to, was the parking lot empty? I honestly don't know how you could deny that, the cop would be there for that one and testify to what you were doing. The only thing I could say would be to tell them you were learning to handle your car in an empty parking lot, a controlled environment, learning a rear wheel drive car, etc, and hope they don't keep it forever. I'm sure a laywer would help. . . but expensive is an undestatement.

Dr.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:17 PM

sux that you got caught. like everyone said....you need a lawyer.....or you will get stomped on. Great drift tho bro. (from the sound of it)
Old 02-08-2004, 04:56 PM

sorry to hear man. honestly the idea drnovascotia had was pretty decent.

say you were practicing driving. you were in an empty lot off hours.

if you sound like you understand you were wrong but hae some sort of logic to why you were doing something you could have the charges lessened.

other than that, i don't really see a way you could get out of it. there's really nothing you could say to combat this. just explain yourself and your intentions.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by drnovascotia
The only thing I could say would be to tell them you were learning to handle your car in an empty parking lot, a controlled environment, learning a rear wheel drive car, etc, and hope they don't keep it forever. I'm sure a laywer would help. . . but expensive is an undestatement.

Dr.
Originally posted by emericanchaos
if you sound like you understand you were wrong but hae some sort of logic to why you were doing something you could have the charges lessened.

just explain yourself and your intentions.
That exacatly my thought!

Last edited by Dominican Drift; 02-08-2004 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

Docs idea is good...but I think they will be able to see right threw it. How long have you had the car,and your licenese? (just wondering)
Old 02-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

Honestly is the best policy, if he tried to lie the judge and cop would know. If he said the truth. . learning his car better in a safe environment, I doubt they would bo so harsh. But thats common sense, which never works around here.

Dr.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:22 PM

damn that really sucks....just say that you were practicing for an auto cross/drifting competition that's coming up and you wanted a place to practice that would be safe and away from the public, it was away from the public right? Well I got off the hook one time for telling the cop the truth. I was burning out in a parking lot at about 2 in the morning to prove to my friend that I was RWD. The cop saw us and I told him exactly what happened. Then he told us to "get a move on" so we did. but not until he asked me "so is it rwd or not?"
Old 02-08-2004, 10:53 PM

Originally posted by ProricanRacer
damn that really sucks....just say that you were practicing for an auto cross/drifting competition that's coming up and you wanted a place to practice that would be safe and away from the public, it was away from the public right? Well I got off the hook one time for telling the cop the truth. I was burning out in a parking lot at about 2 in the morning to prove to my friend that I was RWD. The cop saw us and I told him exactly what happened. Then he told us to "get a move on" so we did. but not until he asked me "so is it rwd or not?"
couldn't you have popped the hood to show him how the engine was mounted or showed him the drive shaft running down the center of the car?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:23 AM

why do that when you can show him with a nice burnout!!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by crimsontide240
why do that when you can show him with a nice burnout!!
because a nice burnout kills the tread on your tires

because a nice burnout coulda got you a court date

Dr.

Quick Reply: arrested for practicing drifting.