General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Bunch of newbie questions... Don't hate please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 09:39 AM

Bunch of newbie questions... Don't hate please.

Hey guys,
1st off i would like to express my intrest for the 240sx. My car background is quite extensive so please don't think of me as a newbie in the automotive world. Currently i own a 1993.5 Toyota Supra. Full showcar. But i'm done with the fat *****, looking to start a new project that weights sub 3000lbs.
My first questions are which S13 Fastback models are there? SE, LE, Base? Also which ones come with VLSD or was it all dealer options? What about HAICS (is that it?) Basically which model would be best for a new project, I'm planning on getting a 1991-1993, Hopefully a 1993.
Next question, I've seen a digital speedo in a few pics and was wondering if that was a JDM part or offered here in the US. Along with the Stock HUD?
I think those are basically the only questions i have. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this. Hopefully this summer i plan to start and finish this car. So i'll keep you guys updated with pics.
BJ
Old 12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Bunch of newbie questions... Don't hate please.

Originally posted by Aznplayer911
Hey guys,
1st off i would like to express my intrest for the 240sx. My car background is quite extensive so please don't think of me as a newbie in the automotive world. Currently i own a 1993.5 Toyota Supra. Full showcar. But i'm done with the fat *****, looking to start a new project that weights sub 3000lbs.
My first questions are which S13 Fastback models are there? SE, LE, Base? Also which ones come with VLSD or was it all dealer options? What about HAICS (is that it?) Basically which model would be best for a new project, I'm planning on getting a 1991-1993, Hopefully a 1993.
Next question, I've seen a digital speedo in a few pics and was wondering if that was a JDM part or offered here in the US. Along with the Stock HUD?
I think those are basically the only questions i have. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this. Hopefully this summer i plan to start and finish this car. So i'll keep you guys updated with pics.
BJ
Ill help ya out bro..
The fastback models are basically LE, SE then base, just like you said.
The only fastbacks that could have VLSDs are HICAS equipped fastbacks, and it isnt a for sure thing since it was a option (i belive)
Go to the FAQ section and look up HICAS, u will find out wut it is.
There is no best one...they are all pretty much the same, although the 89-90 have 145HP and its SOHC, and the 91-93 have 155 and its DOHC
The Digital speedo and HUD is only available on the coupe, and it was a option for the SEs
And that should cover everything you asked, if ya got anymore go ahead and ask, but PLEASE search before you ask...and i really mean search not no quicky search bs haha
Old 12-01-2003, 10:19 AM

Thanks very much hyjynx. yah i know, search... but hell i wrote the post this morning and i've been up all night... kinda lazy.. hehe i really appreciate the quick reply. i know what HICAS is.. i just didn't know the correct acronym. Alright thanks and peace man.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Aznplayer911
Thanks very much hyjynx. yah i know, search... but hell i wrote the post this morning and i've been up all night... kinda lazy.. hehe i really appreciate the quick reply. i know what HICAS is.. i just didn't know the correct acronym. Alright thanks and peace man.
Sure man, glad i can help ya out
Old 12-01-2003, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

Give the the fat *****. Take all of your mods. Is it turbo. Can I beat the living **** out of it?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:12 PM

nice...supra u got there..