General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

can you turn a honda man to nismo fan?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:00 PM

can you turn a honda man to nismo fan?

k so im pretty much an import Addict..i hate body kits(unless very very high quality such as nismo, spoon,mugen ,ect)

i hate neons. wild paintjobs. euro lights, and big *** rims.

i drive an 88 prelude

i love hondas through and through..

i have my love for nissans as well tho.

My friend nik has an RB20 in his 95 240sx SE...its amazing...so im pretty much kinda being drawn toward a s13 fastback and a SR20 swap..

i was wondering if you could do your best to tell me all the positives and negatives of honda's VS nissans...

thanks before hand for your persuasive words.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:04 PM

I've never owned a Honda and only have owned Nissans.

So, uh, Honda's suck?
Old 11-10-2005, 09:09 PM

my current thoughts are:

Hondas:
good gas milage
long term reliability
popularity and shop availability
light cars
good turbo and all motor

Nissans:
Decent milage
parts interchangeability
style
RWD
more power for less money
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 PM

i don't currently own a nissan, but my friend owns a honda.

to me, honda's seem more like they are economy cars, not fast import cars. i know honda makes a lot of good engines, but it seems like they're more fucused on economy rather than speed and stuff.

but i'll probably get shot down on this message board, cuz my image i've created so far is just me being an idiot.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:08 PM

i dont kno you. so idk. and i am a honda freak so i can tell you yes. hondas from factory..MOST are not supposed to haul *** stock. b16a is a decent just git up and go engine. b18c1 (GSR) is as well..the b18c5 (teg type r) is getting more ot the sport side. the K20A-R(acura RSX type r) is an amazing engine. 220 crank hp stock and have been built to 340WHP all motor, these motors respond amazing to mods as the Toda racing header adn exhasut added (off the top of my head) around 30-40 hp at wheels. f20c(s2000) is a good engine..really expensive for mods tho..considering it comes in a 35g car lol

only problem with hondas for me is, alot of money to be fast safely, and s2000 is only rwd car but with a 30grand price tag.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Nissan > Honda

I see hondas EVERDAY and get tired of them...Nissans (Specifically the S-chassis and my A32) on the other hand not so much...Just my 2 cents...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
Contributing Member

just out of curiosity how could you afford the maxima but not a S chassis...wernt you looking for a zenki for a while?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:16 PM

oh yea, not that it matters that much, but there are honda's EVERYWHERE and its extremely hard to be unique without spening crap loads of cash.

where on the other hand 240's and nissans aren't that common, so being unique with a 240 is much easier. well at least in the area im in.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Contributing Member

RWD > FWD.

End of story.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 AM

honda vs nissan threads are stupid...this thread is stupid. so many people jumping on the 240 bandwagon....
Old 11-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Contributing Member

after owning racing and building hondas/acura and then owning and building and racing nissans i have found a few things out...

to build a 9 second civic costs about 15 grand... building a 9 second nissan will cost about the same price... both makes respond well with swaps and turbos... factory power (stock non si) goes to nissan... both have pretty strong factory support... honda has a lot better aftermarket support... (everyone makes parts for hondas) fewer 240's than there are civics... honda has the gsr type R lsvtec (frankenstein motors)and now k series motors... nisssan has the sr20 rb20 rb25 rb26 and rb30 (hybrid rb motor) all of the nissan motors come boosted or na... none of the honda motors come this way... hondas/acura are one of the most stolen vehicles in the world... and the best one... hondas have 2 rwd cars the nsx and the s2000...30,000 to 75,000 for them... spend half that much on a nissan and you will spank the hell outta the hondas/acuras...

i loved my 9.98 second (in the quarter) boosted civic with a gsr swap making 477 hp... it was a fun car to drive race and show... but i have loved nissans since the first 240 i saw...

you can love and own them both...
Old 11-11-2005, 05:30 AM

going with the originallity thing. i was watching import transformation on speed or whatever that show is called a couple days back. they almost refused to work on a civic since there are so many out there and so many different things you can do to them. plus with a 240 you kind of stand out. when i was in high school a couple years back everyone had a honda or mustang. me on the other hand had my 240 and it made people stop for a minute and look because it was something different.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:48 AM

hondas = cheap parts! i remember when i had my celica i needed a oem front bumper the duded wanted like 300 bucks for it and he says " oh if it was a civic it would be 100" wtf
Old 11-11-2005, 08:24 AM

im not jumpin on and "bandwagon" i almost got a 240 back in december of last year but he sold it before i had the cash. i got a honda cuz it was my uncles and my parents had gotten laid off. i love hondas. and nissans. this isnt a VS thread. this is just telling me what other non obvious differences there are between hondas and nissans. not which is better. just differences
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 AM

I'm not a huge fan of honda for a few reasons... Mainly because ...really the only thing has to offer is their VTEC ...

Right now i have 97 eclipse Gs ... my buddy has a 99 Civic si ... We both just have CAI's .. mufflers (not cat back system, just mufflers) and we both have the APEXI S-AFC II (he actually has the V-SAFCII) We raced the other day and i took him pretty bad. Now understand that my tires are bald... down to the wear line... his are BRAND NEW perelli's... He inhearantly has more horsepower than i do, and still handed him his ***...

SO yeah, like i said, the only thing that honda really has to boast is their VTEC (which yes everyone is going to their own version of) ... but honda sacrafices engine size for their volumetric efficiency... He may have 170hp at peak rpm.... but he only has maybe 120 TOPS ft.lbs. of torque at peak.

To me, its kinda like NOS. You can have 100 hp at the push of a button, but its all just a cheap thrill... Same thing with a VTEC... its all in the computer tuning of the valves... not actually in the engine...

Quick Reply: can you turn a honda man to nismo fan?