General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

cruise control sucking

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:18 PM

cruise control sucking

when i go to set my cruise (which i kinda just fiddel with cause i'm not super sure on how to set it) the green "cruise" light comes on then just blinks. i let off the clutch thinking it's set but its not. it wont work. eny ideas cause this opyion i was planning on taking advantage of.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:52 AM

Well you said you let off the clutch. You shouldnt have your foot on the clutch when u engage cruise it wont work. So jus be goin however fast you need to be, an hit the cruise, if you hit the clutch/brake when cruise is on it will shut off.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:44 AM

eh **** i meant i let off the gas... sorry my bad
Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 PM

Ohh, in that case i have no clue. Sorry man, maybe check the cruise cable in the engine bay?
Old 01-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

there is a vaccume pump that controls the cruise control... there is a rubber line running from it to the cruise control module and then a cable that runs to the throttle body... check to make sure that the rubber line is not broken cracked or pinched in any way...
if that is good the next thing you need to do is check to see if your cruise control module is actually working (holding the throttle in one spot...) to do this you need to get a hand held vaccume pump... can get em at napa or what ever parts store you have round there... mitivac is the best... makes easy work of bleedin brakes too... hook it up to where the rubber line gos into the module and pump it a few times to see if it pills the cable back... if the cabel moves then yes it works... if not then get a new one or go to the junk yard and get one... third thing is to make sure that the vaccume pump is working...and how you would go about this is...get a vaccume gague and long line of vaccume hose... hook the the vaccume line up to the pump and the other end to the gague and put it in the car with you... make sure you dont pinch the hose or it will not read... drive down the road get into 5th gear or 4th on the auto and set the cruise... if the gague goes up then it is working... fix which ever part aint workin and blam you have cruise control again... now if none of these work then you most likley have a bad switch or wiring in the car... you are on your own there as i have never found that to be a problem...
Old 01-01-2005, 09:26 PM

I have a problem with the cc too. I'll set it, green light comes on, everything is gravy. I let go the of gas and it does nothing. I wait like a minute, a full minute, sometimes longer, and then let go of the gas and it'll drop speed maybe 5 mph, and then accelerate back up to where I set it. And for the rest of the drive it will work fine. Just the initial engage takes *forever*.