General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Deer+S14=EPIC FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by battosaii930
looks pretty clean just put your tail lights on it and maybe your rims
HELL NO. Smoked tail lights are awesome. I want to get mine smoked, plus it looks really good on the gold. Just get dome black rims w/ a gold lip and it would be perfect. no more silvia crap
Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by shaban
HELL NO. Smoked tail lights are awesome. I want to get mine smoked, plus it looks really good on the gold. Just get dome black rims w/ a gold lip and it would be perfect. no more silvia crap
i love silvia crap. but i do agree with keeping the smoked tail lights
Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

Clean man good luck with it, make sure you def put your tails on it though. Time for a sig change though
Old 11-22-2008, 02:06 PM

and a name change? gold zenki is taken though
Old 11-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

i dont like smoked lights looks cheap lol id rather shell out the money to buy kouki tails then smoke zenki lights
Old 11-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by battosaii930
i dont like smoked lights looks cheap lol id rather shell out the money to buy kouki tails then smoke zenki lights
I'm not a fan of kouki tails... I don't like the lines...
Old 11-22-2008, 04:06 PM

Hitting a deer is never good, but swerving to miss a deer and hitting something else is much worse - and I'll tell you why as I've worked insurance for a few years now. The reason it is better to hit a deer or any animal is because its a comprehensive lose, insurance company feel that since this is something you can't avoid they will not raise your insurance rates (typically). Swerve to miss a deer and hit a stationary object, now its a collision lose, insurance companies feel this is something you could have avoided and will raise your rates.

You will also get the NADA value of your car unless you report your mods, and for the most of us, the insurance company will most likely drop you from your policy at knowledge of it with any performance modifications.

Here are some things you may not know about your insurance.

Most insured get the best rate at 100/300 bodily injury coverage, opposed to the state minimums. Insurance companies feel that drivers with higher limits tend to have less accidents and apt to give better rates.

Vehicle to vehicle accidents are always claimed as a collision, and could raise your rates - even if you are legally parked and miles from your car.

If you slip on black ice, hydroplane, or slip on loose stones and damage your car is typically a collision lose and rates go up.

wind, fire, hail, tornado, hurricane, animal damage are usually all comprehensive, and seldom affect rates.

Your insurance company can drop you from your policy any time, and if they do, the simply won't renew your policy.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

the only performance mods are CARB legal intake, and my 4-2-1 header, test pipe, and 3" cat back.... would you recommend i put at least stock exhaust back on while the adjuster is here? i'm not sure that some exhaust would be considered a serious item...
Old 11-22-2008, 07:21 PM

Your insurance company is still obligated to cover your damages no matter what is on your car at this point, if the Adjuster reports back to your insurance company about the mods on your car, your company may choose not to renew your insurance and you will need to find another insurance company.

Also, in the eye of insurance, it doesn't matter if the parts on your car are legal or not. If they are intended to improve the cars performance over stock - that is reason enough to disqualify you from holding a policy. Let it be suspension, lowering springs, over sized tires, engine mods, etc...

Also, as far as the company I work for, if you intend to show your cars at car shows... um yea.. that's a no no also.

Oh yea, when an insurance company does raise your rates, it will always be at the renewal for the next six month term. They will never increase your insurance in the middle of a term, its not allowed.

Last edited by trevr; 11-22-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

so at this point are you suggesting i replace my tein springs, full exhaust, and intake with stock parts? i have access to all of these.. i don't want to get dropped off the insurance and have to find another company...

also, do you know a roundabout number of how high the rates will jack up?
Old 11-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Contributing Member

Some companies will give you money for your mods, trust me.
Most wont care or will give you extra, I got in an accident, had a front mount, exhaust, sr20, and the car was dropped, I didn't get dropped from my insurance, they didn't care.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Contributing Member

for all to know trevr is the man.... talked to him for about an hour and he helped me out alot.... thanks BRO!!!!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 AM

^^^ thank man, appreciate the kuddos ^^^^^
Old 11-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

well you might get lucky the adjust liked my car when the lady smakked my front end he gave me $3500 +$200 for rental car... that was enough to fix my zenki front end and get the car painted... twice lol but i opted for Kouki front end since i had the money
Old 11-23-2008, 11:51 AM

its hit or miss with the adjuster, not to mention the insurance company. i worked at a auto body shop for 3 years. we would literally sometimes have to fight with some of the insurance companies to write for new parts. usually if they write for new parts they were always after market and not genuine manufacturer parts if the car was more than like 1 or 2 years old. it depends on the adjuster and insurance company......like if you have geico....forget about it

Quick Reply: Deer+S14=EPIC FAIL