General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

digital climate control wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:04 PM

digital climate control wiring

does anybody know how to wire this thing or where can i get some info on it. im gettin a really good deal on a whole swap but the catch is that i have to get the wiring info for it so that the guy that's selling it to me can do his as well . any info will be appreciated thanx.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Contributing Member

'm sure that anyone who has been on ebay has seen these for our cars. I purchased on in March of this year and it took me a while to get it all working. But mine is now completely functional and looks pretty damn cool. I'm going to try and get the wiring up here later, but I don't have any way to get pics, so I can't help there. Alright, here it goes;
1- Auto A/C control unit(s13 silvia)
2-Complete harnes (s13 silvia)
3-Mode door motor(not sure, came with mine)
4-Sensors
a. In vehicle sensor ( 91 pathfinder, I think, mine came with it)
b. Ambient Temperature sensor (91 pathfinder)
c. Sunload sensor(not sure, mine came with it)
d. Fan control amplifier(93 maxima)
5-Aspirator(93 maxima)
You now have all the neccisary parts. Finding the Sensors here shouldn't be too much of a problem. If nothing else, buy them new from Nissan. The main problem that I have seen with all of the units that are purchased on ebay is that they don't come with the MODE DOOR MOTOR. You HAVE to have this. I don't know that you can get it from another car. I luckily had it with mine when I purchased it. If you are thinking about doing this it is really cool, but will take some ingenuity. If I was going to do it again, I would contact the seller and see if he/she can get these parts also before you purchase it. It may cost more but it will save you A LOT of headache. Now, you may be wondering what half of this stuff is, so I'll explain;
1-Auto A/C Unit- basically it's the computer, the thing you see
2-Complete harness- If it is cut at all, it will be a pain to work with. If you can, try and get one with both sides of the connectors also.
3-Mode door motor-You HAVE to have this. This is what replaces the HOT/COLD slider on your original unit. Even with all the sensors, the unit is useless with out this. VERY IMPORTANT TO GET THIS!!!
4-Sensors
a. In Vehicle Sensor-this, in conjunction with the aspirator (I'll explain in a sec), draws air in past the sensor and tells the control unit what temp it is inside the vehicle.
b. Ambient Temperature Sensor-This is located on the hood rockstay. (bar that runs vertically infront of your radiator/condesor. Look at the car from the front and look into the space in the bumper. You can't miss it.) This sensor tells the control unit what temperature it is outside.
c.Sunload sensor-Kinda self explanitory. This one tells the control unit how much sun is coming into the car.
d.Fan control Amplifier-Based on a signal from the control unit, it varies the resitance going to the fan. Basically this replaces the resistors that were used before. (4 fan speeds-3 resistors.)
5-Aspirator-This unit is located on the going to be attached to the A/C box. You'll have to cut a hole, but nothing complicated. Basically this uses the venturi effect. It uses the air being blown out of the fan to create a vaccum that draws cabin temperature air past the in vehicle sensor.
As for the wiring goes, I'll have to explain this later. I'm going to try and get pics up of this, but it is raining right now, and I don't wanna mess with it.
If you have any questions, feel free to post here, or email me.

^^Taken from a post by float_6969 on NICO. Hope thats the info you need...
Old 04-06-2004, 10:32 AM

yea but i need sort of instructions on how to do it . once again hyjinx ur tha man
Old 04-06-2004, 01:34 PM

thats the first time i've even seen something close to a write up.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Contributing Member

Thats the closest I have found bro...Good luck on it!