General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these shops?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:50 PM

Does anyone know anything about these shops?

Has anyone shopped or knows someone that has shopped at Raceonusa.com, importfan.com, seibon.com or visracing.com?

How are their carbon fiber products? Fitment and quality?

Last edited by h22lude; 07-28-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:51 AM

i know for sure vis, and seibon is a a++ in there products. dont know about the others.

Q? would a cf hood fly off if u didnt put on hood pins( idont like the pins).
Old 07-30-2005, 02:56 AM
Contributing Member

Hood pins are good it you have something decent under the hood.

The reason is ..a cop can't make you open it w.o a search warrant. It's locked..it's not as simple as popping the hood. Just simply tell him "NO, You need a search Warrant for that" Also..real hood pins can have lock that requires keys/special method to open it.

Oh what? The hood pins have more purpose than just "Looks"...
Old 07-30-2005, 07:47 AM

Great thanks for the info. I remember hearing about VIS being good but I have never heard of Seibon but they specialize in CF so I figured it would be good.

Yeah hood pins are good to both hold the hood down and like helghast said, to keep cops out. I think to pop your hood the cops would still need a warrant. The cops can't search any part or your car without either a warrant or your consent.
Old 07-30-2005, 12:49 PM

Originally posted by h22lude
Great thanks for the info. I remember hearing about VIS being good but I have never heard of Seibon but they specialize in CF so I figured it would be good.
VIS is supposedly the best on the market.
If you buy after market carbon fiber hoods they will warp and the clear coat peels off the carbon fiber.
From what I understand there are no complaints from VIS and the Acyrlic doesn't peel, and the carbon fiber doesn't warp like most other brands.
But VIS does come with a hefty price tag, but I wouldn't accept immatation either.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Contributing Member

cops can search whatever they want, besides property(as in hosue).

They base it on some bull**** along the lines of reasonable doubt.
I'll remember what its called later.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:14 PM

like they said above, vis and seibon. i've seen carbon fiber products from both company's...... great stuff. if i had the choice i would go with seibon though. top quality. as far as raceonusa goes i can't vouch for their carbon fiber products, but i did order a set of headlights from them. very helpful.... great customer service.

as far as hood pins. pins are ALWAYS recommended for any type of after market hood, no matter who it is made by. i've known several people in my area where the hood has flown up and smashed their windsheilds. either just coasting down the street, or flying down the express way. thankfully no one has been hurt. pins are a must because the latches will eventually break no matter who they are made by.
Old 07-30-2005, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by Helghast
The reason is ..a cop can't make you open it w.o a search warrant. It's locked..it's not as simple as popping the hood. Just simply tell him "NO, You need a search Warrant for that"
that's ridiculous. it sounds way wrong.
Old 07-30-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally posted by Cape 240
cops can search whatever they want, besides property(as in hosue).

They base it on some bull**** along the lines of reasonable doubt.
I'll remember what its called later.
This is wrong. They can search it if they have something to base it on like seeing a small amount of weed or an empty beer can. They can't search for other than that. You don't even need to take a breathalizer test if you don't want to but most likely if they smell beer they will take you in and then they can.

My friend is well known in my town with the cops. He was pulled over at night, they searched his car. They found empty beer cans, an airsoft gun and fake money (which was not made to look real, it had tupacs face on it for a game for school). All they did was through the stuff on the grounf and let him go. They let him go because they weren't allowed to search his car and if they arrested him, he would have been let go because the evidence was not legal.

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind paying for VIS products if they are good. If something is worth the money then I don't mind paying for it. It is when something isn't worth it that I would get pissed.

Is there anything need to do to a CF hood so rocks don't kill it?
Old 07-30-2005, 04:08 PM

If you are caught speeding 5 miles over what ever speed limit, they have the right to search your vehicle. You are already breaking the law going over the speed limit, and they assume you could be on drugs or something when you break BASIC laws.
I know this as fact my UNCLE is a cop with the SFPD.
But they can't search your car if you didn't break anylaws, that is called ENTRAPMENT.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member

No, They can't open anything. Unless you allow 'em too. What's the difference between searching your house and searching your car. It's your personal Possesion. You're telling me that If I get pulled over doing 5mph over the speed limit they have the rights to use a breathylyzer on me? Open my Hood (even though it's locked), Pop my Trunks, and search inside my car? Why not take your night stick and stick it up my *** too. It's like when you get pulled over drunk..passed all the bull**** but know for a fact that the breathylyzer is gonna be impossible...you have the right to refuse it..they'll suspend your lisence but not mark you for DUI.

...maybe an extra layer of clear coat..?
Old 07-31-2005, 02:54 AM

No, They can't open anything. Unless you allow 'em too. What's the difference between searching your house and searching your car. It's your personal Possesion. You're telling me that If I get pulled over doing 5mph over the speed limit they have the rights to use a breathylyzer on me? Open my Hood (even though it's locked), Pop my Trunks, and search inside my car? Why not take your night stick and stick it up my *** too. It's like when you get pulled over drunk..passed all the bull**** but know for a fact that the breathylyzer is gonna be impossible...you have the right to refuse it..they'll suspend your lisence but not mark you for DUI.

...maybe an extra layer of clear coat..?
Believe me man I have felony charges on narcotics offences, my unc broke it down very well so did my lawyer , he was the pre trial attorney for OJ simpson in his murder trial. Ask him if Vincent said this, he will say, I told you so............
PUT SOME MONEY ON IT..... AND p.m ME..................
I'm not here to B.S and I didn't wan't to intervien to begin with..........
I happend to get pulled over for a modified exhaust system,
that went to it looked like I was on drugs, to having possesion of drugs.......
I'm just an average dude that got caught up at the wrong place and at the wrong time!!!!!!!!!
Put it like this by the time they pulled me over I was parked in my girlfriends drive way and they asked to search her house, how FUC$ED is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't say shiat till you have been there, and done that..........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 08-06-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member

Alright, For the sake of not being an ***..I commend you and all you knowledge in this particular subject. Ergo, I'm sorry.

You win again, mr. spanky!
Old 07-31-2005, 03:38 AM

Alright, For the sake of not being an ***..I commend you and all you knowledge in this particular subject. Ergo, I'm sorry.

You win again, mr. spanky!
Naw man don't play it like that, it's all good , just understand cops are pigs that manipulate the law.
Anything can happen because they have the badge, thats all.
That includes my pig *** uncle that I kiss *** too......LOL

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-31-2005 at 03:47 AM.