General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Have money...need 11's!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 09:37 PM

i should make a website with a pic of my car and a VRH39DETT (Probably the best engine ever sold by Nissan "commercially")
Then I can say I did a VRH35DETT swap and get pissed off when someone asks for proof or doubts me.

in I'm With Stupid's defense, that front bumper (which seems to be misaligned) looks very Miata-like. Some might say the Miata isn't a very manly car... some might say it's downright gay. I won't bother to comment.

Last edited by AceInHole; 12-10-2002 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Contributing Member

up

Site's Up.

Eat your hearts out.

Good luck on the VH swap.....if it was the best engine Nissan made, it would have been in their Skyline.....

Night

http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com
Old 12-10-2002, 10:32 PM

Re: up

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
Good luck on the VH swap.....if it was the best engine Nissan made, it would have been in their Skyline.....
that would be assuming the Skyline was Nissan's ultimate sports car.

it wasn't.

Let's put it this way... did the Skyline ever come with a $1,000,000 price tag??

How's this for stock specs:
0-30mph in 1.2seconds
0-60mph in 3.3seconds
0-80mph in 6.0seconds
0-100mph in 9.7seocnds
1/4 mile in 11.9seconds
Top speed : 207mph

Max Engine Speed: 7000 rpm
Horsepower: 410 Kw/550 bhp @ 6800 rpm
Torque: 637Nm/ 470 ft lbs @ 4400rpm
Weight: *Under 2800 lbs

yeah..... STOCK.

The skyline WISHES it could've had a VRH.

Last edited by AceInHole; 12-10-2002 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Contributing Member

VRH

Hey, Good Luck ACE!!! Can't wait till you get that engine from the LEMANS car made by Nissan.....true, it is a better car than the Skyline. Being a LEMANS car takes a lot more than being a supercar....actually, they were about 1.3 million dollars for your information. True also on the specs....nice website copy by the way....

http://www.automotivearticles.com/in...issan/r390.htm

When you get that V-8 Lemans Engine that cost over $300,000 with tranny.....I'll be the first to fly there and see it. Especially since they were a limited production, about 20 people, maybe, own them.....more rare than a F50 Ferarri....

Night
Old 12-11-2002, 07:38 AM

Re: Disblelievers...

YOU GUYS CAN DISBELIEVE ALL YOU WANT!!! IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER TO ME CAUSE I HAVE A RB IN MY 240SX!!!

You want pics??? Go Here!

http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com

The rest of my pics will be up later tonight if I get around to it.
lol, no one disbelieved, but i dont see a 11 second car in that picture....

I used everything from the clip, no aftermarket stuff, so you can tell your friend who says otherwise to shove it. Man, all you disbelievers have these supposed friends who have "done" or have knowledge of the swap.....you crack me up!
LOL, no comment....

S13 Black Top kid -
LMAO! Who are you? Rookie.....

the reason you don't believe is cause you have a SR!!! Geez, all you little SR guys thinkin it's the **** and that it's the supreme swap...lol,
That doesnt make any sense at all....I think the SR is the ****? did i say that, or are you putting words in my mouth? I think you might want to put some thought and intelligence into your posts, and assumptions....
I also would be your now of the guys thinking that you have the supreme motor, and its better than any toyota, dsm, mazda etc etc...right? : )

The RB is Nissan's pinnacle engine series.....
Dont say RB like you have a rb26dett....

.And yes, you can easily put what I listed above together and be track ready running 11's.......if you don't believe, come up and race me next summer at Pacific Raceways.....peace.
OK! whats it take to run 'track ready 11's'? I didnt see anything on your list to account for a $1300-2000 roll cage, app $2000 for a race suspension, Brake upgrades, scatter sheilds, etc etc....

Just because you have a skyline motor doesnt mean you have skyline performance out of your car....

Have fun! im glad your happy with your motor...i think you need to think and know who your talking to a little bit before you go running your mouth, making assumptions, and ruining your validity of being a rational person....

U'r a fu*kin jack ***......don't talk down on my car cause your's isn't anywhere near what mine is.
Heh, atleast you show once again where your coming from, and where you are at, as far as your thoughts reguarding your placement in this world...If i had a bowdown icon i could use it now...and telling people they cant talk down because their car isnt 'what your is'....a little touchy dont ya think?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:48 AM

Re: Disblelievers...

And yes, you can easily put what I listed above together and be track ready running 11's.......if you don't believe, come up and race me next summer at Pacific Raceways.....peace.

Night

so this post in the other forum by you...:

"
1991 Nissan 240SX
1/4
Yes, I have run the 1/4. I ran a 15.2 @ 93 mph before I got LSD and was doing a burn out the whole way down the track. When I added a Nismo LSD and Iridium spark plugs I ran a 12.9 @110 mph. My highest that I have run on stock boost before my turbo was fried was a 12.6 @ 114, guess I got lucky. Thanks for the compliments, yes R33 stock subframe.

Night"

How did the "11 sec setup" get you a best of 12.6? seems kinda telling to me......and that was WITh the nismo LSD and plugs which you have to add to your 11 second formula's price, right?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

The car is ugly... I have to say that seeing that body kit and the vinyl covered taillights kind of killed any hope at credibility I was going to give to your claims.

I know the RB25 can be swapped in basically with the parts from the clip as long as you use the Skyline crossmember. But if you were my only source for this info, I would doubt it.

Like the last poster said, you will need a lot more than simply a motor to run 11's at your local track. There are a bunch of safety products that your budget does not account for... and you're simply not going to get 11's out of stock tires and suspension (not RWD, at least).

-Justin
Old 12-11-2002, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

ok this topic is done for now