General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

I got it back! The story of MY 91' 240...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 07:56 PM

Talking I got it back! The story of MY 91' 240...

Alright here's a lil' background on my 240. It all started last december.. ( 02' )
Ok so after having my first car, a 94' Grand Prix, completely fall apart on me and having the people who put in the faulty transmission go out of business so I couldn't get any of my money back, I was out of a car. Then one day my dad comes home from werk and tells me that my uncle has a friend who's selling his old 240 for $100. I figured it's crap but I'll check it out since it's cheap and I have nothing anyways. So I went to check it out, and to my surprise, it was only the master cylinder so I bought it. It was practically in mint condition (a lil rip on the driver's seat((which for some reason I've seen on alot of 240's of the same era, and always in the same spot)), a weak e-brake in need of adjustment) and it ran great with only 125k on the engine. I was very happy with my purchase and couldn't wait to insure it. Before I ever had a chance to insure it, Christmas rolled around, although this was not to be any ordinary Christmas for me. This particular day, after opening presents with the family and etc., a friend called me up. He wanted to go on a little *cough* 420 *cough* "drive" in the local scenic mountains. Well since I didn't have my car insured, I "borrowed" my sister's 94' Dodge Spirit while she slept. Bad idea. Amidst the rain and snow that day, I hit a tree at 30 MPH in my sister's car. Well she carried on about it for like a month, but it turned out that since her car was totaled, I was to give her mine in replacement. Ok, so w/o a car again, I was back to square 1. Late June 2003 I finally find the right car. An 89' Civic LX, 5-speed. I took me a long time to save up the down payment for insurance which was $1350, but I just did last week, over a year since I've had an insured car. So I FInally got my car insured yesterday, my Civic. So get this, I'm driving for about 2 hours when I notice that the temp. gague is kinda high. I pull in to get gas, and take a quick look under the car: It's leaking coolant, bad. "Well, maybe it's a hose", I say to myself, crossing my fingers. No such luck, the radiator's been blown wide open across the bottom, $225 for a new one w/ installation. Well, after all this, I come home to tell my dad what happened, and ask him if I could borrow $225 bucks cuz I just spent all $1400 I had on insurance that day. Well my dad tells me that my sister's getting a new car tomorrow, and since he helped her pay for the down payment, the 240's HIS. He then proceeds to tell me that he already knows about my car's recent radiator problem and that if I didn't want it anymore, he'd trade me for the Civic because either way he's selling it for the money anyhow. PHEW! So there, after almost a year away from the 240 I originally bought, I finally got it back. Only this time, I'm holdin' on to it. Consider me a permanent member of these forums from now on.

Thanks,
~LR~

Last edited by LuckyRide; 10-05-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:43 PM

you had a destiny and it a 240
Old 10-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Contributing Member

holy wrote a novel batman!

Readers Digest Version = I was meant for a 240!

Dr.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Contributing Member

cant wait for part 2..
Old 10-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Contributing Member

oh yeah.. speakin of lucky rides.. mine started when i moved out of my dad's house and moved in with my girlfriend. her father had a 95 240sx.. while i had this 91 civic with headaches galore... after having a ball joint break loose after having that damn car, spitting out oil, rebuilding the engine, replacing the radiator (and still have the damn thing overheat) having the other ball joint break off, and having the steering arm come off, my father-in-law (my girlfriend/wife's dad) saw how much money i was wasting on that car, offered me his for a grand if i sold my civic.. i had it up on the auto trader for the good 2 weeks. a few calls but no one actually showed up to look at it.. it looked like i wasnt going to have his 240.. and the day he was about to sell it back to the dealer he bought it from. this guy called and offered 2500 for my civic. i said 'DEAL!' with no hesitation. he bought the car, i bought his 95 240 for a grand!! the rest of the money went to new tires, lowering springs and an intake all in the same day... and thats the 240 you guys see in the 'registry' area.. shiet.. if im this lucky.. might as well get a 'do luck' bodykit!! hahaha
Old 10-06-2003, 07:32 PM

huh?..

registry section? what's that?
Old 10-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

on the very top of the page.. towards the right.. by the words that say shift_conversation..
Old 10-07-2003, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Lol,

It's ok you couldn't find registry on the screen, most important is you know how to search!

Dr.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Contributing Member

i love stories with a happy ending.
glad you got the ride back man....
stay away from that weed