General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

i hate 240's

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

i hate 240's

i want out of the game, im sick of these pieces of **** never working.

i had a zenki, which was a piece of crap, which i totalled, (my fault.) then i tore the engine out, bought a coupe shell (drove from northern wisconsin to southern iowa and back in a day to get it) then i used my engine, with a manual tranny, and finally after ****ing 6 months of getting more and more parts for it, it finally runs. well that didnt last long, after a month that engine blew, so i was out of a car again. after searching and searching, i finally find an engine, but its in illinois. soo i go get this engine, cant get the flywheel off, so i reuse the one on there, and the backing plate was ****ed up, bent to ****. after spending 6 hours trying to get the damn transmission on,i finally get it on. the threads on my starter were stripped tho. i then spent every bit of my free time to get the engine in and wired. it starts up right away. after test driving it for 4 minutes, somehow my starter didnt disengage, and kills it. i discover that my starter is loose, stripped. so i put some longer bolts in, and put a nut at the end of the bolt (the car still hasnt left where it broke down...) and it finally starts and runs again. not 10 minutes later, it breaks down again, same thing. but this time, my starter is fried. so i go to the parts store, bring in my old one, and it is fried, so i buy one from them. 110 dollars. ****ing ripoff, but i need it, because i need a car. so i install it today, and find out that my flywheel is destroyed, meaning i need to get that piece of **** towed to my house, rip the engine out again, take the tranny off,try to get that ****ing flywheel off, get the flywheel and backing plate off of my old engine, then install that on this new engine, put the tranny back on, and put the engine back in the bay.

so after putting over 3000 dollars into this piece of ****, i have driven it for a month out of 9. im sick of this piece of **** never working,
but the real problem is i couldnt even sell it if i wanted to.
i just want out of this stupid game of tossing money into a stupid assed car and not even ever getting to drive it.

end rant/

i appologize for *****ing, i just am getting so sick of this car.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

welcome to the club, haha. i feel like that alot. def taught me to not cut corners and ****. you just need some motivation.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:12 PM

Yeah... I'm on my third project car. two of which never got finished. You live and you learn and it makes you more suitable to build a better car. But you have to have the motivation. If there is nothing driving you to build the car any more then there is no point. Think about why you started and if you still feel the same way about it. I've gotten to the point where I've wanted to shoot a rocket at my cars but after I see other peoples work and accomplishments it makes me want to reach my goal even more.

Dont give up.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member

You just have enjoy them even more while they are working I guess :/
my car has been really good for me, no real problems ever
Old 05-30-2008, 04:57 PM

I've beaten the crap out of mine and it still runs like a champ.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

damn i feel ur pain but for me its people crashing my 240s..... im on my #4 240 and 3rd s14 lol never get to finish it.... well if someone crashes me again... i think im out of the game ima buy me a subaru or somthing...
Old 05-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

the only time my 240 has given me problems is when i try to improve something. once i get it running again i'll leave it alone. other than that it's the best car i've had.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by battosaii930
damn i feel ur pain but for me its people crashing my 240s..... im on my #4 240 and 3rd s14 lol never get to finish it.... well if someone crashes me again... i think im out of the game ima buy me a subaru or somthing...
just don't get a pinto
Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Contributing Member

just because some here are new my kill list over the years

5 motots
3 trannies
8 clutches
2 rears

I love em
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

i have had a couple angry drunken nights doing my sr swap saying i would never finish it, but i did finish it and it was awesome till it stoped working so i sold and got another one and i am loving it so far.

so dont give up!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 04:25 AM

i feel you man im feeling the exact same way right now, i got my motor in nd everything is just a mess this working right that not working rite...

but in the end i cant help but to enjoy being in the driver seat just shifting eventho the car isnt moving.. i love the car.. so much headachs but i just cant get enough of it...

just keep your head up man.. pretty sure yu have love for your baby too.

240sx HB= My addiction.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 PM

these cars are a labor of love.

and old chassis that flexes like it's made of cardboard. worn out bushings, creaking doors leaking weather stripping. rusted out body parts, constantly swapping in parts from other vehicles. it creeks it rattles, and it rolls.

used evo, sti, s2k, nsx, all within' the price range of what it'll take to really get an 240sx into good shape. sometimes i think about ditching my project even though it is in better shape then a lot of other 240 projects i've seen.

during my z32 brake swap, and 5 lug conversion I was ready to sell the car. all the issues I had with my z32 and $ wasted in trying to fix it I could've bought a nice stop tech brake kit for the front. talk about frustrating!

now that she runs well. i'm happy with her. i'll probably keep her for a while, unless someone offers me a good chunk of change for her.

either way; labor of love....
Old 06-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Contributing Member

Honestly I think you're going about this the wrong way. Stop trying to fix your old broken down **** and buy a clean, running, well maintained 240. You wont have all these problems.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:08 PM

I myself have had a great experience with my car but I am getting out of the drifting aspect. As Donnie has had is troubles with motors and repairs, etc. I love to repair parts and install new ones but I don't like spending the money and I can't have a stock 240.

I love my car slammed and sideways but I can't keep up with what will come with that pushing on it and everything. So I am selling mine but only for that reason. I'd rather be the mechanic then the driver.

If you are dedicated enough to your project you can get it done. I have spent many hours under my car breaking off old suspension pieces and dealing with seized and pinched and w/e else it may take.

In time you can do it. If nothing else you have to enjoy what you drive and if you can't do that then its not worth it.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 AM
Contributing Member

yea ..... i just cant give up on things... i mean i could have trashed this chassis years ago... but i used it to get good at not only mechanics, but body work also..... this car will be mine forever until Me totals it or something

Quick Reply: i hate 240's