General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

I'm Painting My S14 Flat Back

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 12:51 PM

Yeah, its just that i'm saving money for college yet i still like to work on my car and don't like 4 tone color cars =\ i'll get it painted eventually, just until then, flat black! i am buying bumper tomorrow from this forum and then doing to start sanding + painting, yippe yay!
Old 01-14-2005, 01:29 PM

good for you and good luck... if i can just agree with I2aine on this one and say yea it looks like primer... but hey primer look is better than four colors so hey go for it.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by gazelle
Yeah, its just that i'm saving money for college yet i still like to work on my car and don't like 4 tone color cars =\ i'll get it painted eventually, just until then, flat black! i am buying bumper tomorrow from this forum and then doing to start sanding + painting, yippe yay!
ok seriously now, wouldn't it be better to skip on the flat black, do all the body work, and primer as you go - until you're ready (both car and $$) for the real paint job? I mean sure - the primer might not quote-unquote "match shades" but 1) you're doing body work; and 2) who cares it's primer - it will be covered by sexy glossy paint.

BTW I'm talking black primer, just in case some people think there's only Honda gray LOL
Old 01-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine

IMO flat black reminds me of black primer... but hey, I'm into glossy stuffs

whenever I see cars that is flat black I do think of black primer. IMO if you are gonna paint it a different color (whenever that time may be) and want a solid color for now, I say go for the flat black-or black primer. You'll save money by doing the prep work yourself before taking it in to the shop. I don't know if flat black would look good on a 14-even with that picture of one, but hey prove me wrong. Maybe, just maybe it'll look different on yours
Old 01-14-2005, 09:20 PM

I was going to do all the prep work myself, so that it would be cheaper when i do get it painted, don't really know where the miscommunication came along O_O, but ya im going to do black primer for now, after i pop a large dent out, and fill it in and fix that and put the bumper on, i'm really in no rush cause i'm having fun working on the car, i have monday off so hopefully i can get started, btw does anyone know if a aftermarket bumper will fit in the back of my 240? If i take out the spare tire and put the back seats down?
Old 01-14-2005, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

I was going to do all the prep work myself, so that it would be cheaper when i do get it painted, don't really know where the miscommunication came along O_O, but ya im going to do black primer for now, after i pop a large dent out, and fill it in and fix that and put the bumper on, i'm really in no rush cause i'm having fun working on the car, i have monday off so hopefully i can get started, btw does anyone know if a aftermarket bumper will fit in the back of my 240? If i take out the spare tire and put the back seats down?
negative - I've tried that already. The hole above the big square bump in the trunk is too small. It will however fit inside the car if you flatten the passenger side seat and snake it in, but it'll be sitting up against the dash and passenger side window. Very awkward to drive stick like this.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member

would you get morning ice all over it if it was flat black? this is a serious question.

<----------- I live in texas so i had to throw that in.

I had a transport a trunklid w/ spoiler in that fashion..... let me tell you it was fun....

Ya, cause im driving up to Dayton tomorrow, only like a 2 hour drive (at above speed limit), i'll just snake it around like you said, i would take my xterra but it gets **** gas mileage, its an automatic and no fun to drive =D

Raine check out my post on those headlight covers, couple threads down
Old 01-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Contributing Member

Ya, cause im driving up to Dayton tomorrow, only like a 2 hour drive (at above speed limit), i'll just snake it around like you said, i would take my xterra but it gets **** gas mileage, its an automatic and no fun to drive =D

Raine check out my post on those headlight covers, couple threads down
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=18515

i don't even see a post from you
Old 01-15-2005, 08:49 AM

No, i meant the lamin-x post ;D i'm thinking about those clear headlight lenses aswell tho, just kinda strapped for money ;D
Old 01-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Contributing Member

No, i meant the lamin-x post ;D i'm thinking about those clear headlight lenses aswell tho, just kinda strapped for money ;D
oh ok. Yeah that lamin-x thing looks cool, but it's still a stock OEM headlight
Old 01-15-2005, 11:38 PM

Did you ever order any of those lenses you were thinking about? the ones you posted the picture of?

Last edited by gazelle; 01-15-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Contributing Member

Did you ever order any of those lenses you were thinking about? the ones you posted the picture of?
yeah but I changed the order so I have to wait a couple weeks for delivery
Old 01-16-2005, 08:27 AM

Just let us know when they get in ;D

Quick Reply: I'm Painting My S14 Flat Back