General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

just got into a fender bender.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 07:46 PM

just got into a fender bender.....

but with no bended fenders

i just got into a minor accident, with no, and i mean absolute zero phsyical damage thats seen by the eye. but guy was a jag... (older guy, grumpy etc.) traveling with wife (felt bad i know).

the man comes out of his car...and so do i. but as soon as he saw my face.. being that i'm young and still a new driver.. he starts placing his hand on his neck etc etc.. with the whole spheal that hes hurt etc etc.. but hes OKAY to right down the information and such. well anyways time goes on. he has all my info.. and i ask for his info.. he refuses to give any.. and being in one of my first accidents.. i didnt know what i'm sopose to do anyway. so whatever.. he says hes going to file report... etc.. and now i'm here, what do i do???? just wait etc etc... or what!!! help me out!!

should i go run and file report that i hit his car? (rear ended btw) or sit and wait till see what he does? what does the insurance do if there is no physical damage etc.. did i do something wrong tonight? (seeing that i didnt write down much besides his plates)

well thats it.. how do i know if i get charged etc....

thanks in advance
Old 02-10-2002, 08:16 PM

Yes, turn yourself in, being on the run is not cool
Old 02-10-2002, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Typical Cat
Yes, turn yourself in, being on the run is not cool

anyone else?
Old 02-10-2002, 08:57 PM

Originally posted by dave

anyone else?
Again, turn yourself in, next thing you know, you'll be on the tv show COPS.
Old 02-11-2002, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

In the future Dave, always make sure you exchange I.D. ALWAYS. If someone refuses, then just tell them that your gonna call the cops then to have them file a report. Most people who want to exchange info prolly just want to give you an estimate for their repairs, but in this case it seems like this older guy is trying to take advantage of you. Fortnately, I've never been in your shoes and can't help you out as far as what to do now. I would suggest getting in touch with your local law enforcement or contacting your DMV. I'm not too sure what to do here though.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:24 AM

Originally posted by Silviaspeed
In the future Dave, always make sure you exchange I.D. ALWAYS. If someone refuses, then just tell them that your gonna call the cops then to have them file a report. Most people who want to exchange info prolly just want to give you an estimate for their repairs, but in this case it seems like this older guy is trying to take advantage of you. Fortnately, I've never been in your shoes and can't help you out as far as what to do now. I would suggest getting in touch with your local law enforcement or contacting your DMV. I'm not too sure what to do here though.
thanks, yea that what i figured.. but he refused to give me any info whatsoever... i was thinking of calling the cops myself.. but i didnt want to get a ticket for 'failing to avoid an accident' which would be brought to court, and most likley not be able to avoid it on my record.... but honestly i dont even seem the slightest worried right now... even tho hes one of those guys that will 'try to get the most out of this' (he was a ****ing jerk... and hardly spoke a word of english) but i checked the dmv's website, and it says the driver of the car in an accident with over $500 dollars of damage (i'm assuming the guy hit in the accident), injured, or killed people must file a report immediately after the accident.. but as i saw.. there was absolutely no physical damage.. and everyone was walking around fine and etc etc... we'll see though.. being 18.. i get taken advantage a lot.. but, at least i have a great family lawyor

thanks, dave
Old 02-11-2002, 06:29 AM

Well, with any accident your involved in, you should first of all call the police if their is any sense of disruption between the two parties. An offical report will solve many things and the cops will have the peron checked out if he claims whiplash etc.. But as you say, if there was no physical damage, then it was a minor slow bump. And the chances of someone having medical problems could easily be disproven. I'd just hope that he never take the time to file a report on you, and it all passes, but don't be surprised if something comes up.. Shrug..

Good luck bud,

Jared
Old 02-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

Talking

I'd be a little worried if I were you though Dave, it is after all your word vs. theirs, and being that your young, yes you will be looked at differently in the eyes of the law, I don't care what people say, if you look or are a certain way, people will judge you as such. Good luck, hey by the way is your lawyer Johnny Cochran, cause if he is then forget everything I just said......