General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

ka24det or sr20det

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:51 PM

ka24det or sr20det

I have a 92 fastback should i stick with the ka24de? then later turbo it? if so how should i start out with the motor? i'd like to get je pistons and rods then crower cam's and cam gears... elderbrock intake manifold and some few other basic bolt ons... what do u think i'd run?

then later in the future add a turbo kit maybe custom pipe's who knows?

please give me some ideas on how to make a 240 run 12's and what i should boost to run 12s...
Old 09-05-2005, 11:06 PM

ka24de
Old 09-05-2005, 11:10 PM

i myself am going for a KA24DE-T...

i like having torque..
Old 09-06-2005, 12:01 AM
Contributing Member

what's your hp goal?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:32 AM

SR is played out, isn't there like 506899198516 threads about this same ****????
Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 AM

KA24DE

Pro: Stock engine w/ strong internals (i.e. forged crank) and an iron block.

Con: Very minute aftermarket support.

SR20DE-T

Pro: 2.0L turbo with 200+ HP stock (varies w/ ascending models). Another stout Nissan motor w/ strong internals as well. HUGE aftermarket support.

Con: Finding a reliable source for a good condition or better motor set. Performing the installation of the motor set.

I know that there are more pro's and con's out there. These are one's I can think of off the top of my head.

Feel free to add on to this!
Old 09-06-2005, 03:56 AM

As for me, I am sticking with the stock KA.

Going to go turbo as soon as I get all the parts I need. I am waiting for delivery of my top mount turbo manifold.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Contributing Member

Re: ka24det or sr20det

Originally posted by Duelover
I have a 92 fastback should i stick with the ka24de? then later turbo it? if so how should i start out with the motor? i'd like to get je pistons and rods then crower cam's and cam gears... elderbrock intake manifold and some few other basic bolt ons... what do u think i'd run?

then later in the future add a turbo kit maybe custom pipe's who knows?

please give me some ideas on how to make a 240 run 12's and what i should boost to run 12s...
Just go Ka240deTTTT. That is if you want to go fast. search
Old 09-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by s13 240
SR is played out, isn't there like 506899198516 threads about this same ****????
I agree...to the original poster...S-E-A-R-C-H
Old 09-06-2005, 09:17 AM

Why ask such a stupid FU$KIN' question. These questions in all thought weither you think it might make better for you only causes conflict with every other member that is opinionated with the block that they use. Do your own research. Either you want a High rpm high HP engine, or a low RPM high HP stroker engine. Both engines are completely different as far as shifting points, and stroker engines, such as the KA make a tremendous amount of power earlier in the power band.
What is more resourceful for you? That is the question you should ask yourself.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by BigVinnie
Why ask such a stupid FU$KIN' question. These questions in all thought weither you think it might make better for you only causes conflict with every other member that is opinionated with the block that they use. Do your own research. Either you want a High rpm high HP engine, or a low RPM high HP stroker engine. Both engines are completely different as far as shifting points, and stroker engines, such as the KA make a tremendous amount of power earlier in the power band.
What is more resourceful for you? That is the question you should ask yourself.

Good post BigVinnie......i myself want more power in the earlier powerband......thats why i'm staying with the KA and going to KAT in a few weeks.....it's really up to you........

P.S. From now on when another Dumb*** post KA vs SR someone should post..

SEARCH!!!.......and then a Moderator
should CLOSE IT!!!.......just my thoughts................

Last edited by driftingjdm240; 09-06-2005 at 10:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 AM

Originally posted by wannawangan
KA24DE

Con: Very minute aftermarket support.

SR20DE-T

Pro: 2.0L turbo with 200+ HP stock (varies w/ ascending models). Another stout Nissan motor w/ strong internals as well. HUGE aftermarket support.

That pro's and con's list is bullshiat! You will find more of an abundance for USDM's rather than JDM's. Hence I can go to kragen and get oil fiters for my KA as where I would have to order one for the SR. Rebuild kits for KA are just as abundant if not more abundant. Meaning that if it is more abundant it is also cheaper, to the rule of supply and demand.
Turbo mani's for KA arent hard to find, and the fact is is that most bolt on turbo's are interchangeable.
As far as injection for KA, it is interchangeable with the sr.
If you ask me if you live in the U.S the market place for abumdant engine parts falls in with KA, not the sr.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

That pro's and con's list is bullshiat! You will find more of an abundance for USDM's rather than JDM's. Hence I can go to kragen and get oil fiters for my KA as where I would have to order one for the SR. Rebuild kits for KA are just as abundant if not more abundant. Meaning that if it is more abundant it is also cheaper, to the rule of supply and demand.
Turbo mani's for KA arent hard to find, and the fact is is that most bolt on turbo's are interchangeable.
If you ask me if you live in the U.S the market place for abumdant engine parts falls in with KA, not the sr.
These damn posts come out every week it seems...Ive said it before, BOTH are good engines. like you said BigV, it all depends what your looking for...
Old 09-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Fast1One
I agree...to the original poster...S-E-A-R-C-H
aparrently you need to search
Old 09-06-2005, 12:59 PM

ummm... i think your a little wrong ther big vin. I have a sr and i dont have to order a oil filter. i use the one from a sentra or a 300zx. both will fit without a problem. in fact, almost everything that your want for a JDM SR20 you can find from a USDM sr20 from a sentra se-r.

Quick Reply: ka24det or sr20det