S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   General (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/)
-   -   Ka24det vs. sr20det (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/general-3/ka24det-vs-sr20det-6453/)

neolikquidx 09-30-2003 12:28 AM

Ka24det vs. sr20det

Hey, why is sr20det more popular than ka24det? Is it because a front clip can be bought cheaper? Is it because sr20 is capable of more? The japanese s15 has 250hp. What was so special about that model? It was toned down in some places. Sometimes i hate freaking people around here in utah. They don't like 240's cuz they're nissan. But after the read about it they love it.....

evil98silvia 09-30-2003 03:23 AM

WHOA if your gonna talk about the KA vs SR thing you might wanna go to the Motor section cause your about to get flamed by like 30 people. I remember like 3 years ago on the forums that was the biggest topic cause SR's were getting huge then. But for your S15 question. Its a good motor cause its got alot of upgrades on it, bigger injectors, better turbo, 6 speed tranny and alot of times lower miles. The motor is way over priced though, as of now its not worth it. The s14 is a better deal, with the money you save you can turn around and produce more hp. Same with the S13 SR.

Robbie

I'm with Stupid 09-30-2003 08:09 AM

SR is is JDM coolness, cause Super Street says it's cool. Otherwise I think it's mostly old S13 KA's are very high milage by now so a SR would be cheaper performance. In my case though I basically bought a SR cause it's lighter.

rudeboy 09-30-2003 09:12 AM

by 3 lbs

drnovascotia 09-30-2003 09:14 AM

Most people like the idea of tossing their high mileage KA and getting a sr swap with lower miles and it's pretty cheap. With regards to which is better KA24DET or sr20det, then you'll never get an answer. In my opinion the KA24DE is, however everyone can argue otherwise.

DrNoVaScotia

-HyJynX- 09-30-2003 09:41 AM

This arguement can go on forever, Evryone has there own preferance.

Sil40_Mayhem 09-30-2003 10:02 AM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
This arguement can go on forever, Evryone has there own preferance.
exactly. apples and oranges, whatever. IMO, what makes one motor better than another is whether i just plain like it better. motor a is cheaper, motor b has more parts available, motor c has stronger internals, motor d has higher stock power, motor e is MaD jDM tYTe, y0, motor f is smog legal, yadda yadda yadda... ***k it, go w/what pleases u. it's ur loot, and ain't nobody else gonna spend it for u (unless u wanna donate to my broke ass cause?:naughty: )...

-HyJynX- 09-30-2003 10:53 AM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
exactly. apples and oranges, whatever. IMO, what makes one motor better than another is whether i just plain like it better. motor a is cheaper, motor b has more parts available, motor c has stronger internals, motor d has higher stock power, motor e is MaD jDM tYTe, y0, motor f is smog legal, yadda yadda yadda... ***k it, go w/what pleases u. it's ur loot, and ain't nobody else gonna spend it for u (unless u wanna donate to my broke ass cause?:naughty: )...
Well said:thumb:

I'm with Stupid 09-30-2003 01:47 PM

Originally posted by rudeboy
by 3 lbs
Nah, SCC is wrong. 3 lbs. doesn't make my front end noticably higher. Here's a quote from Jeff at Heavy Throttle pulled from Freshalloy.."When more than a dozen cars we have swapped with 80k to 215k on them pop up 2 full inches after the swap, there must be some significant weight difference that isn't explained by sagging springs (and aftermarket Eibach's do the same thing). I don't know why, but until someone accurately weighs things I will still stand by my estimate of 100-150 lbs." I personally think it's definately under 100lb difference, but no way in hell is it anywhere close to 3 lbs.

ixcocoyxi 09-30-2003 10:59 PM

jes stick wid a KA.. drop in a turbo.. BAM!! mad twerk.. heh.. so ive herd.. na mean kid?!

neolikquidx 09-30-2003 11:38 PM

re:

K, you guys say it's my pref. I've got a 96, the early version, oh yeah, what's the freaking difference between early 96 and late 96 models? I think it's only the headlights. I know that 97a models had slimmer headlights......uh yeah anyways. About my preference. Would it be cheaper to go with ka24det? What would be the out come if you were to upgrade both the engines? I assume that the sr20det will be capable of more. Sometimes i get sick of that freaking car. The check engine light never goes off. It says it's got a freaking evaporative fuel system malfunction. I changed the gas cap twice. I pulled out the battery a few times and it still stays on...but it's all good. I still love my car, lol.

sonic16 10-01-2003 03:12 AM

im gonna keep this short cause im lazy and i've said it before.

the S15 is not a good motor in the least. it's overpriced, has crappy head flow, the VVT is nearly useless and doesnt even come close to comparing to V-tec as it just variable cam timing and not variable clearances.
the 6 speed is gay as hell.

on the other hand the red top or the s13 black top for that matter has a head that flows about as well as a ported S15. and is only $1800 on average.

for outta the box performance the SR is way superior. and the KA blows due to its actual design. it has an incredibly long stroke and therefore does poorly at attaining high rpms or top end power, hence why it IS a truck motor

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 03:51 AM

I told you this would happen. Everyone talkin Sh** now. Now all the nissan guys are bashin on other nissans. Startin to look like another honda forum. Sonic stop talkin down on the s15, if you could take it you would take it in a heart beat. Why does the 6 speed suck? have you ever driven it? or worked on it? had any personaly experience with it? no......its good for 400hp plus...whats wrong with that. The head isnt usless, the thing keeps 250hp. Comes with 480 injectors to, yea that REALLY sucks.........? ITS ALL ON YOUR OWN THINKING! do what you wanna do man, sheesh. But dont come to a nissan forum and talk down on other nissans. You can make 400hp to a ka, u can make 400+hp to sr, or rb, or WHATEVER you wanna do. All a matter of money time and thought.

Robbie

sonic16 10-01-2003 04:29 AM

dude WTF crawled up your skirt? ****ing suck my ass. i would take my red top over an S15 anyday. dollar for dollar the red top is a hella better engine. hell, for the price of an S15, you could buy an rb25det. any ways before you get all up and arms abotu me bashing anoth nissan motor, your hypocrytical ass need to stop *****ing at another 240 owner. screw you man, theres your flame

sonic16 10-01-2003 04:31 AM

BTW oh master mechanic what are you running in the 1/4 with your plug wires and thermostat? you put those in all by yourself?

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 04:35 AM

Show me in my post where I said the S15 is better than the s13. Show me where I freaked out and started cussin like a fag.... Did I flame? no. I just said how im sick of nissans talkin down on other nissans. I KNOW the s15 is over priced here, but it is pretty much a brand new motor, just cause the price is high doesnt mean the motor is bad. You need to chill out man, geez:laugh: . You wish I would suck your a**. yea I put the plugs in myself man, took me a few hours...........what a good joke........... Im stating what is NOT stock on my car. Man your a dick for real, lol. All i can do is laugh at you. Keep up your flaming man, cause the jokes on you :thumb:

Robbie

sonic16 10-01-2003 04:42 AM

if we arent keeping in mind price then yes the S15 is a good motor, not car company intentionally put a bad motor in one of its cars and thus they are ALL good motors. and with that logic a pratt and whitney turbo jet would also be an excelent swap and just about as cost effective as an S15. well any ways all ths typign is hurtful as the joke IS on me

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 04:44 AM

Alright then, settled. Sorry the confusion with you. But next time dont freak out like that...

Robbie

sonic16 10-01-2003 04:49 AM

and dont talk down to me about havign driven it. i havent personally driven an S15 but know quite a few people that have. and its common knowlege that S15/S14 heads are By far inferior to the S13. also what experience do you have with SR's? or with turbo cars in general?

LVegaJr 10-01-2003 04:49 AM

since when did nissan change the flow characteristics of the sr motor???? and the vvt on the s15 is the same as the s14, only reason it makes more power is cus the turned up the boost, hence larger injectors and a better turbo......ur post doesnt make sense as u say the motor is bad then say u dont like it cus its expensive then say u like jet engines? i wonder why almost every damn s chassis in japan is runnin a s15 motor with either a s14 tranny or a nismo 6 spd......:dunno: only thing that "suxs" on the s15 is the tranny, its simple considered "weak", everything else isnt.....

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 04:58 AM

Originally posted by sonic16
and dont talk down to me about havign driven it. i havent personally driven an S15 but know quite a few people that have. and its common knowlege that S15/S14 heads are By far inferior to the S13. also what experience do you have with SR's? or with turbo cars in general?
CA swap into a s13....didnt do the wiring though. Redtop into S13..... 3sgte into a 87 mr2...... Is this a competition or what? I mean............ the low and high port head your talkin about the s13 and s14 sr's....the vvt makes up for it anyway. How bout we stop the flaming now eh? Gettin old, so stop tryin to make me look stupid cause its not gonna happen.

Robbie

sonic16 10-01-2003 05:02 AM

you attempted to make me look stupid with your " have you ever driven in one, and have you ever worked on one posts"
i was just returning the favor

LVegaJr 10-01-2003 05:04 AM

mature.......:thumb: :werd:

sonic16 10-01-2003 05:07 AM

The sr flow characteristics changed when the old S13 high port head design was ditched and replaced with a more constrictive head with VVT. and having VVT does not compensate for a lake of air flow. porting a head with small intake/exhaust passages will only get you so far as apposed to a ported better design. good airflow is essential to any forced induction motor.

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 05:13 AM

Originally posted by LVegaJr
mature.......:thumb: :werd:
AMEN! I warned people about it at the begining. Its all personal prefference. :D This whole "THIS MOTOR IS BETTER" and " NO NO NO THIS motor is better" is crap. Thats why I said something to sonic and the others who started that. Its like god said, lol....all nissan motors are created equal.......kinda. HAHA

Robbie

LVegaJr 10-01-2003 05:30 AM

how far off is the flow characteristics of the high and low port? i know the vvt on the nissan motor was nuttin near what honda does with their vtec, but obviously nissan liked it cus they kept it thru 2 generations and about 5 years.....it just seems to me the head wasnt THAT bad.....:dunno:

ixcocoyxi 10-01-2003 06:56 AM

"in family feud voice" and survey says.. eat a fat d!ck sonic16!! woo-hoo!! number one answer!! 50 points!! :laugh:

Sil40_Mayhem 10-01-2003 07:12 AM

alright fellas, please. i think that'll be enough. all this poor fella wanted was an opinion or two on go-fast motor possibilities. if u guys have to have it out about this or that, it would be nice if u do it in pm land so that homey don't get his thread closed. remember, we're supposed to be here helping each other, sharing opinions/experiences, and holding hands down the road to nissan nirvana or some mary poppins sh1t like that. flame wars belong on honda boards or something. i don't mind disagreements, and i actually learn a good bit from informative technical debates. but "stupid this" and "gay that" doesn't help a damn thing. all i'm asking is that if u can't resolve this like reasonable, rational, mature adults, then please take it to the pm or something so that everyone else won't have to deal with it.

evil98silvia 10-01-2003 08:33 AM

Originally posted by Sil40_Mayhem
alright fellas, please. i think that'll be enough. all this poor fella wanted was an opinion or two on go-fast motor possibilities. if u guys have to have it out about this or that, it would be nice if u do it in pm land so that homey don't get his thread closed. remember, we're supposed to be here helping each other, sharing opinions/experiences, and holding hands down the road to nissan nirvana or some mary poppins sh1t like that. flame wars belong on honda boards or something. i don't mind disagreements, and i actually learn a good bit from informative technical debates. but "stupid this" and "gay that" doesn't help a damn thing. all i'm asking is that if u can't resolve this like reasonable, rational, mature adults, then please take it to the pm or something so that everyone else won't have to deal with it.
Ummm, thats what I said. Some people dont listen. Thats why I warned them as soon as I saw the post. Then I tryed to stop the "this motor is better thing" by explainin "all motors are equal" and have potential, lol but some people dont listen. But whatever, its all over now.

Robbie

ixcocoyxi 10-01-2003 02:58 PM

Originally posted by evil98silvia
Ummm, thats what I said. Some people dont listen. Thats why I warned them as soon as I saw the post. Then I tryed to stop the "this motor is better thing" by explainin "all motors are equal" and have potential, lol but some people dont listen. But whatever, its all over now.

Robbie

cuz i stopped him.. LoLz :laugh:

sonic16 10-01-2003 11:46 PM

Originally posted by ixcocoyxi
"in family feud voice" and survey says.. eat a fat d!ck sonic16!! woo-hoo!! number one answer!! 50 points!! :laugh:
**** you **** rag, its over alright. it ended awhile ago. i admit that i over reacted the first time, as i took it as an insult. as for you though suck my balls and butt the f uck out.

ixcocoyxi 10-02-2003 12:16 AM

**** you **** rag, its over alright. it ended awhile ago. i admit that i over reacted the first time, as i took it as an insult. as for you though suck my balls and butt the f uck out.
uhmm.. how bout no?? and why would you want some guy to suck your balls?? sorry man.. i dont know about you but i dont swing that way..

sonic16 10-02-2003 12:23 AM

wow, such a hillariously predictable and clever retort.

ixcocoyxi 10-02-2003 02:01 AM

wow, such a hillariously predictable and clever retort.
i know.. dont hate.. masturbate!:thumb:

s14.5boy 10-02-2003 03:11 AM

sorry to but in and not to be a "gay" or "stupid retard head", BUT STOP CALLING IT VVT IT IS KNOWN AS VTC!! if you want to sound like you know what your talking about do some homework first.:D

ixcocoyxi 10-02-2003 03:31 AM

Originally posted by s14.5boy
sorry to but in and not to be a "gay" or "stupid retard head", BUT STOP CALLING IT VVT IT IS KNOWN AS VTC!! if you want to sound like you know what your talking about do some homework first.:D
:werd: and props on that "stupid retard head" quote... :laugh:

evil98silvia 10-02-2003 03:46 AM

Originally posted by s14.5boy
Eh, Variable valve timing, all tha same crap. Doesnt mean people havnt done hw. Can someone lock this post up? lol

Robbie

-HyJynX- 10-02-2003 09:09 AM

..Haha. I just noticed all these people were argueing over a engine. As Evil said, All engines are created equally...kinda:thumb: ;)

Guam_Guy 10-02-2003 09:29 AM

My pet rock is better than your pet rock:nono:

evil98silvia 10-02-2003 09:56 AM

EXACTLY guam! Thats whats its like.

Robbie