General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Lucas fuel injection cleaner and code 45??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 PM

Lucas fuel injection cleaner and code 45??

hey guys

recently the car has been running kind of ruff. I threw some lucas fuel injection cleaner along with a fresh tank of gas. i am about half way threw that tank, and it throws code 45. i do some reading and find that the code is for a bad injector. i follow the test procedures and the injectors test out. i put it back together, and not 50 miles later, the light pops back on.

i did some more reading and that alcohol can cause an intermittent short in the injector. could the lucas cleaner be causing a short triggering the check engine light??

the car runs great. smoothest it has run. i fixed some vacuum leaks and she purrs now. this light is just killing me.

Matt
Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

Just take out the light bulb.

Seriously though, if the car runs fine see what happens when you put a new tank of gas in.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:26 PM

im a student at UTi and i have access to Alldata.. i was reding thro the TSB and i saw one thatr sayz tat we should not use fuel injector on our 240s. i forgto wat year to wat year this applied to but it did say no injector vclean cuz that ****z up da injectorz.. i had to replace 2 of my injector after i used sum of that stufff.. check the resistance at the injectorz .. should be at around 12 OHMz... hope this hellpz sum
Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

i've used lucas fuel injector cleaner for about 4 years every few months and have never had any of those problems.

you should have read a little more about code 45 because it can also be the speed sensor, o2 sensor,idle switch, faulty a/f ratio, or even a bad o ring on the injector.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
i've used lucas fuel injector cleaner for about 4 years every few months and have never had any of those problems.

you should have read a little more about code 45 because it can also be the speed sensor, o2 sensor,idle switch, faulty a/f ratio, or even a bad o ring on the injector.
i got none of that out of the fsm. it told me to doo some tests, they all checked out, then it said done.

where can i find this information you speak of??
Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by scooz14
where can i find this information you speak
of??
my actron scanner manual, and i believe chilton has it as well.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 12-09-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
my actron scanner manual, and i believe chilton has it as well.
It's also on the interweb, just use google and search for nissan ecu code 45.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 AM

i just searched google for your exact phrase, and i got nothing that has not been nalready stated. 3 different place say that it is only an injector leak.

i would very much apperciate if you could link me to your information.

matt
Old 12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by scooz14
3 different place say that it is only an injector leak.
on a california ecu right?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 AM

correct
Old 12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

idk why it is that the fsm only gives one possibility for code 45 while my book has more. but lets back up a bit, your first post states that code 45 is for a "bad" injector. code 45 for the most part signaling an injector leak which may not have to do with the injector at all but rather the o rings.

a "bad" injector as i believe you would interpret "bad" would be code 51 or possibly 43. i'd recommend you see if there is an fuel leaking from the injector at the top where it insert to the fuel rail.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

I'm sorry, I just meant the part about the injector leak. I should have specified. The other info isnt a code 45- TPS is a code 43, O2 sensor is 33.

Last edited by ryguy; 12-10-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:30 PM

i mistyped in the first thread, it is code 45, and no, the injectors are not leaking from the o-rings. i cleaned the intake manifold real well, and drove it all day. no signs of leaks.

i am afraid to take the injectors out, becasue i am afraid i am not going to be able to find o-rings for the injectors, like my gtp. where can i get injector o-rings for the top and bottom?

maybe friday, but for sure next monday, i will be able to do an injector drop test, to determine if the injectors are operating normally.

on a side note, are the injector clips supposed to have a metal clip on them?? in my expierence's, there is supposed to be a clip, but on the few ka24e pictues i have seen, i have not seen any clips, nor do i have any on my car.

lastly, does any body have a set of low milage ka24e injectors and clips, as my clips have 206xxx on them, and i would assume that the injectors have at least 150xxx on them.

matt

Last edited by scooz14; 12-10-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

i've bought o rings for these injectors at autozone.
http://www.autozone.com/selectedZip,.../selectZip.htm

i have some injects that came off a parts car with about 120k miles on it. that's about as low millage as you'll find. as for the clips just cut a paper clip and bend it to the desired shape.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:04 PM

thanks for the info about the o-rings, i will pm you if i need those injectors.

side note: my aiv is dumping a ton of **** on my brand new air filter. what is the issue with this, is it safe to remove with no terrible side effects??

Quick Reply: Lucas fuel injection cleaner and code 45??