General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

My experience with japandomesticmotor.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:58 AM

Man that sucks. Those pics were sad, seriously. Did you contact the shipping company to see if that is the way they picked the motor up or how it was droped off. Just dont seem like they wouldnt even try to ship anything like that. You might find that they have some crooked a$$ people there. Or it feel apart and tipped over and spilled oil every where so they threw oil dry on it.

Not sticking up for this guy at all. I more than anybody hate to see this ****. But has anyone ever done any good buisness with these people? Just seems a little weird. Or seems they would want to keep a bad reputation from spreading if they have done good buisness in the past. I mean if they were going to scam some people im sure they wouldnt do it to just one. I myself will see if i can find out any info on this place. Whatever the case is I hope justice is done. Good luck and sorry to see that.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:03 PM

this guy is Canadian the guy that made u this deal???
what a disgrace im canadian tell me his address =D (ill go beat some ***) lol
Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

did you use a credit card to pay for it. if so call your credit card company and get your money back. they can get it so quick its sickening. they dont f$%# around. of course you might have to prove it to them what happened. and you would prob. have to send it back.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:53 AM

No ****. do something. I would be afraid to put that motor back in a car.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:51 PM

I too Am Canadian! This is giving us Canadians a bad rep! I looked over all your pic's and I hate to say it but it appears that who ever shipped you engine made a complete mess of it. The picture of the engine and parts do look like the engine and MAF sensor/Air filter that you received (except for all the kitty liter and missing parts). I would say that the shipping company dropped it or was overly rough with your item. What shipping company did you use? I must say that you are taking this very well, And the company that you bought your SR from should have replaced all the missing parts at no charge. It seems shady that this Jap and domestic motor guy "JDmotor" would reply to everyone's questions on the post and yet he didn't even try to clear his name as soon as a problem happened. That makes them look like there in the wrong. maybe he just doesn't go on these forums any more? I'm gonna email Them to let them know that they are losing business over this and hopefully they will reply on this forum and help you out with the extra cost and trouble you had to go through. I hope the rest of your engine swap goes smooth!

Later days

Josh
Old 01-09-2005, 09:48 AM

Thnx jbask, Yea im pretty pissed but i guess i learned that you get what you pay for. It was shipped through Yellow Transportation so it not some shady shipping company. Im not trying to destroy his business im just letting the public know what kind of products he deals with. I plan to spread this through all the other forums because people should know.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:05 PM

well, I tried to warn people last time japandomesticmotors was brought up, but some clown just insisted that I should be happy I got off as good as I did with my deal...

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=17527

Guess I did though..my motor set was shipped thru yellow too, obviously, and that went fine for me, so if I had to guess, all damage was done before yellow ever stopped at japdomesticmotors' shack to pick it up
Old 01-15-2005, 01:45 PM

Yea, looks like i just gotta live and learn.

Update: I did receive the SMIC but this is what i received...

Looks like they dragged it through the pacific. No bolts. On a brighter note I did start the install...

I must say that it was a pain in the @$$ to get the motor into the mounts. Now I gotta find where i put the 4 bolts for the tranny crossmember. Anybody know the bolt size?