General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

NISMO=better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

here is an easy way to put it... there are only 7 speaker manufacturers in the world... so the kicker solobaric subs you just bought rolled off a line that just 2 hours ago were making kenwood subs... NISMO is a name slapped on a part that nissan either designed commissioned or had built for one reason or another... they NISMO or nissan did not build every part that carries the brand name...how many people out there actually pay the hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy a cold roll turning machine when it is cheaper and more cost effective for them to pay this guy who has 20 of em to make springs???
Old 01-02-2005, 10:30 AM

Red face

U guys really live under a big rock,Nismo has their own manufacturing plan somewhere in Japan ,can really remember exactly the name of where is at ,but I have seen pictures of their assembly,manufacturing,designing,engineering and testing side of the plant,the stuff I saw on those pictures where freaking ridicolous ,I couldnt help but to get wet ,but do some more research on this and u will find out its true.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by silviadriver
Tein Flex with EDFC?? that is weaksauce ****! hahahah if you want good quality suspension that has hard stiff springs..expect to pay 1000

quit being cheap. Tien Flex is for poonannys
Do you have Flex + EDFC?

Stiff springs does not mean "Good Quality Suspension", BTW. It's all in the application on what spring stiffness is desired/suggested
Old 01-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Nismo parts vary... like all aftermarket companies, they can make certain parts that work very well in its application but that does not necessarily apply for all the products in their lineup. I don't have first hand experience with Nismo suspension parts, but from what i've heard they aren't really worth it. I've rarely heard any complaints from people using Tein, Tanabe, or JIC components but yes they usually are a bit more expensive. The only other advantage I can think of in using Nismo parts is that they are now available through certain Nissan dealerships. This means the parts may be under a factory backed warranty if you buy it and have the dealership install it.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

ur still learning while ur being "flamed?" correct? if so, we'll leave it at that.
OT - damn dude, I searched your postings and over 80% of them are macho bull**** or you just being an ***.

But I guess it makes you feel better knowing everything, huh?

Old 01-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Do you have Flex + EDFC?

Stiff springs does not mean "Good Quality Suspension", BTW. It's all in the application on what spring stiffness is desired/suggested
actually i dont have flex+edfc becuz its weakness. its either silk roads or KTS.

do i need to have flex+edfc? no. why? becuase ive already driven cars wiht it. along with cars with spring/shock combo, HEs, JIC A2s, tanabe and cuscos. flex+edfc compared to those = sucks

true its all desired/suggested but if your going to track your car, stiffer is more desired. dont cha juss love rollin around in your car? joy

[i]Originally posted by l2aine[i]
But I guess it makes you feel better knowing everything, huh?
actually it does. more knowledge = better.

OT - nice sig. is that you leaning up against your car about to lite up a cig? haha i think Koguchi did the same exact thing.

real original. haha

Last edited by silviadriver; 01-04-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:26 PM

Red face

Let not start a flaming war here ...not the thread not the place not at least in general forums .... we can use the off topics for this
Old 01-04-2005, 05:28 PM

Well anyways, opinions noted, but if I go out and spend $1000 of suspension componests I want to have something street worth also. this still is my daily driver. Any suggestions from experience? As is, best bag for the buck type of thing? Thanx, and all is appreciated. Just hopefully the replies will be less smart-assed, That doesn't bother me, just shows your character.....

Have fun, and happy driving!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:33 PM

Originally posted by SR20detoofast4u
Well anyways, opinions noted, but if I go out and spend $1000 of suspension componests I want to have something street worth also. this still is my daily driver. Any suggestions from experience? As is, best bag for the buck type of thing? Thanx, and all is appreciated. Just hopefully the replies will be less smart-assed, That doesn't bother me, just shows your character.....

Have fun, and happy driving!
I got Nismo Type-S coilovers,even thought they are damn expensive they are worth every penny ,really streetable ,performance is and 8.9 in a scale 1-10 ,Quality is excellent.I give them an A- ,being the factor that they are not adjustable and they cost $850 other than that they are
Old 01-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Contributing Member

i see no point in getting coilovers if they are not adjustables. might as well get spring shock with a set of good springs. should of juss said another 300 and get silk roads or something

1000 = silk roads, kts, tanabe, HEs

hard springs/hard shocks for daily = ******* bouncin

enough said.

Last edited by silviadriver; 01-04-2005 at 05:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

well one thing is true. companies do tend to sub contract there work out to others. but to say there are only x number of companies actually producing the stuff is ludicrous. as for speaker companies as mentioned above there are quite a few that do there own work. aftermarket suspension parts also. turbos not so much. garrett makes a large majority of them. anyways nismo and many others have good stuff just pick you products based on how you see fit. dont do it cause its cool to have a certian brand. if you like it get it.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

actually i dont have flex+edfc becuz its weakness. its either silk roads or KTS.

do i need to have flex+edfc? no. why? becuase ive already driven cars wiht it. along with cars with spring/shock combo, HEs, JIC A2s, tanabe and cuscos. flex+edfc compared to those = sucks

true its all desired/suggested but if your going to track your car, stiffer is more desired. dont cha juss love rollin around in your car? joy

actually it does. more knowledge = better.

OT - nice sig. is that you leaning up against your car about to lite up a cig? haha i think Koguchi did the same exact thing.

real original. haha
OT- I openly admit that I did the same pose as his, he's one of my favorite drivers and even before I took the pic everyone knew I was going to do it. In fact, we all (group of friends) were trying to figure out how we wanted our pictures taken. I never claimed that it's my original "pose" or what not. If you ask me, I'll openly admit that it was all planned.

But people like you don't ask - they usually just speak first because they think they know everything.

ON TOPIC - the dude said it's still his daily driver, and yet you keep insisting on him getting a track setup as opposed to something that fits what he is looking for.

I don't care if you've driven other people's cars with every single suspension setup in the book - that's a drive. Maybe even a track drive. Good for you - but have you lived with those setups for a decent amount of time to actually be able to refer to them as "good" or "weak"? Or are you speaking out of a few if not single session?

Whereas you're STILL being in your usual, "I know everything and you are all newbs" state of mind, there are some other people here who are actually trying to help other people out by speaking out of long-term experience - not a drive or two in a friends car, who's setup preference might not even be the same as yours.

SR20detoofast4u - take my post for whatever it's worth. I've had Flex _ EDFC (a setup you were considering from the get-go) for the better part of a year now, I drive it daily, and I also live in an area where the roads aren't silk smooth. I also had Tein HE's with stiffer springs on my car before the Flex (about 2-3 months). I've also had GR-2' s and Koni's, S-Tech and RS-R Race Springs... all on MY car that I would drive DAILY for an ample amount of time to fully realize their pro's and cons, and from what you're looking for I might be able to help you.

Or you can listen to a self-absorbed "I think I know everything" a-hole of a person who does nothing but ***** and flame anything and anyone so he can feel manly. Like I said dude - 80% of your posts are all more flaming than helping people. .. BTW knowledge does = better, I agree. .. but more experience > knowledge

OT AGAIN - Using it to it's fullest... obviously, in silviadriver's example, obviously not everyone can spread that knowledge in a respectful, helpful way - other than using highly intelligent (sarcasm, if you're too self-absorbed to notice) high-school words like "weaksauce" and "poonannys".

Seeing how you are from your posts, I know you'll think pretty hard about a good comeback or whatever to prove your manliness here again. Go for it. Be gangsta. Feel better about yourself.

And just to be an a-hole back to an a-hole:

... at least I didn't paint my Nissan with a Honda Civic Si color.

Last edited by l2aine; 01-07-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:11 PM

gj owning him,he deserved it
Old 01-07-2005, 03:22 PM

From the get go ,when I joined this forum I always had respected ppl to the fullest and one of them has always been l2aine ,Im not a c*cksucker or anything for that matter but I really respect guys like him b.c he is always helpful ,he give his idea and opinions base on experience .So do I ,thats why Im recommending and giving my ideas and opinions from what I think is best ,I dont tell ppl hey dont get this or that otherwise ur a fool ,d*mb@$$ **** who are only spending money on "poohnany's" stuff or watever the f*ck u call it.This a forums it was designed to make a comunity ,a family ,it was designed to help ppl with the same cars that us love to drive 240's I wish we could keep it that way!.ThanX.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:16 PM

So Jay, I take it that you prefer the Flex's with the EDFC over them all? And thanx man, I appreciate you coming in and backing me up, as I told you before, I appreciate any help you throw my way. I need all I can get. I may be relativlely new to 240's and cars in general, but I want to learn. And more importantly, I am willing.Maybe catch me on AIM sometime and we can discuss your previous suspension choices and I may be able to decide easier, or point me in the direction I really want to go.

BTW: I'm that kid that always IM's you with random questions....
----------> Layddaly247

EDIT: and thanx rivneo1. I agree with a lot of what you said. Seems some people come in here to just argue. This is the only place they can win an arguement I guess.

Last edited by SR20detoofast4u; 01-07-2005 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: NISMO=better?