General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

NISMO=better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

l2aine- what size rims are you using on your teins? i was wanting to do a new suspension set-up on my s14 since its my daily. i have 18s on it which are the bigger part of the prob. potholes and such suck they feel like im beating my car to death one hole at a time. im looking to get 17s at least in the front. but for now i was wanting to get something that was good on the street. sorry for jumping in on the thread.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
OT- I openly admit that I did the same pose as his, he's one of my favorite drivers and even before I took the pic everyone knew I was going to do it. In fact, we all (group of friends) were trying to figure out how we wanted our pictures taken. I never claimed that it's my original "pose" or what not. If you ask me, I'll openly admit that it was all planned.

But people like you don't ask - they usually just speak first because they think they know everything.

ON TOPIC - the dude said it's still his daily driver, and yet you keep insisting on him getting a track setup as opposed to something that fits what he is looking for.

I don't care if you've driven other people's cars with every single suspension setup in the book - that's a drive. Maybe even a track drive. Good for you - but have you lived with those setups for a decent amount of time to actually be able to refer to them as "good" or "weak"? Or are you speaking out of a few if not single session?

Whereas you're STILL being in your usual, "I know everything and you are all newbs" state of mind, there are some other people here who are actually trying to help other people out by speaking out of long-term experience - not a drive or two in a friends car, who's setup preference might not even be the same as yours.

SR20detoofast4u - take my post for whatever it's worth. I've had Flex _ EDFC (a setup you were considering from the get-go) for the better part of a year now, I drive it daily, and I also live in an area where the roads aren't silk smooth. I also had Tein HE's with stiffer springs on my car before the Flex (about 2-3 months). I've also had GR-2' s and Koni's, S-Tech and RS-R Race Springs... all on MY car that I would drive DAILY for an ample amount of time to fully realize their pro's and cons, and from what you're looking for I might be able to help you.

Or you can listen to a self-absorbed "I think I know everything" a-hole of a person who does nothing but ***** and flame anything and anyone so he can feel manly. Like I said dude - 80% of your posts are all more flaming than helping people. .. BTW knowledge does = better, I agree. .. but more experience > knowledge

OT AGAIN - Using it to it's fullest... obviously, in silviadriver's example, obviously not everyone can spread that knowledge in a respectful, helpful way - other than using highly intelligent (sarcasm, if you're too self-absorbed to notice) high-school words like "weaksauce" and "poonannys".

Seeing how you are from your posts, I know you'll think pretty hard about a good comeback or whatever to prove your manliness here again. Go for it. Be gangsta. Feel better about yourself.

And just to be an a-hole back to an a-hole:

... at least I didn't paint my Nissan with a Honda Civic Si color.

are you sure I am the one that had to think real hard about a post? from what i see youve written a novel. hell its so long i had to skip thru parts that wasnt even important. but worry not my fellow 240 owner, i caught a few words

true experience > knowledge but whats the point of referring people suspensino such as Nismos S-Tune or whatever that isnt even damper and height adjust? then what realy is the point of buying those type of coilvers? so you can say you actually dont have spring/shock? or so you can say you have a Nismo product?

i have tracked those setups as with driving them for a while. hell i had some of those setups for myself such as the HEs but sold them for money. the car is meant to be drivin, not to get fast food. if the person cant stand it no point in buildin it. if you want one thing, give up another.

you want a car that can handle blah blah blah and drive it daily and feel as if your riding on air, do you really think thats possible? pick one and dont complain about the other.

high school words blah blah blah, i didnt know i was writing an essay here or had to speak in such high language. can you understand? if you can, then thats all that matters. no need to sugar coat things. the search is available 24/7 and is right there for their use, so y not use it? i read threads that google can help out

eh be an "a-hole" doesnt bother me.

but to correct you, my car isnt the civic Si blue. its the GSR blue/purple, yet i didtn know car color actualy matters. but if thats your best attempt at being an "a-hole" id like to say that was weak.

didnt know people get so butthurt over the intraweb so easly. i coudlnt imagin how'd they take it in real life.

Last edited by silviadriver; 01-07-2005 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 PM

That's nice and all, but quick hijacking my thread. You have served your purpose,now leave. You are now arguing for the sake of arguing. If you had any pride you wouldn't feel the desire to counter his statements, or anything of the sorts that you have done.

And to answer an earlier question, Those are the stock SE rims. I'm almost positive they are 16's. (I have a base and mine are were 15in steelies, so Me thinks an upgrade would be a 16in actual rims.)

Send me an IM later Jay, I have had time to sit and thnk, and now I have a full list of things that I would like to run past you, or ask you about. Most of it is about your car though.

ttyl
Old 01-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SR20detoofast4u
That's nice and all, but quick hijacking my thread. You have served your purpose,now leave. You are now arguing for the sake of arguing. If you had any pride you wouldn't feel the desire to counter his statements, or anything of the sorts that you have done.

And to answer an earlier question, Those are the stock SE rims. I'm almost positive they are 16's. (I have a base and mine are were 15in steelies, so Me thinks an upgrade would be a 16in actual rims.)

Send me an IM later Jay, I have had time to sit and thnk, and now I have a full list of things that I would like to run past you, or ask you about. Most of it is about your car though.

ttyl
no problem dude... msg you tonight.

as for that other guy, you don't think it's possible to have a balance of handling and daily driving? You think that to have a "erforming" car is to also have to deal with a harsh unbearable ride? Feel how you wish, talk bad about parts that other feel are appropriate for their intended use, and not your perception of "what's better".

For one thing, the NIsmo setup may not be as adjustable as other setups, but what if you don't need those extra features? I'm sure a lot of people reading this thread will agree that there is a measurable amount of common sense in understanding that you can't have both ways - you have to give up a little on performance to gain a little in comfort, or vice versa. But just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's - as you put it - "weaksauce" or what not. There are those who enjoy their car for all it's worth without even having to touch a track like us, and when appropriate I would rather suggest something that fits their needs over something I think is "hardcore".

I'll put parts on my car because I LIKE THEM - doesn't matter if it's not what you think is "better". It's my car. And a novel? No kiddo, this is my vocabulary. I'm above your ignorance.

*ignore done with you
Old 01-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

haha i guess you guys enjoy cursing around in your car rather than "touch" a track.

is this a 240 forum again or a show forum? above my ignorance, your vocabulary isnt much over anything but a standard college student. all this is coming from a guy mounting his gauges above his head thinking its a safety issue.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by silviadriver
haha i guess you guys enjoy cursing around in your car rather than "touch" a track.

is this a 240 forum again or a show forum? above my ignorance, your vocabulary isnt much over anything but a standard college student. all this is coming from a guy mounting his gauges above his head thinking its a safety issue.
No... I've had more than enough time on tracks that are probably far worse than you've experienced. These days I'm looking for some comfort, since I daily drive my current car much more than I drive it competitively. (say, 80%) I don't think that it is a requirement to track your car in order to enjoy it. A fun drive in the mountains is sometimes more enjoyable than a lap session at a track. If you drive within your limits and try to enjoy the car over trying to break the speed record or what not, you don't need the hardcore suspension setups. Also, what if someone doesn't like the idea of beating their car around on a track? What if they're looking to upgrade their car without spending more than they need? That makes that person weak because they didn't go for the hardcore stuff - or smart because they went for something that better fits their intended purpose?

IMO those Nismo spring/shock combo are good for the type of driver who'd rather spend more time driving their cars than messing with suspension adjustments, but want something that is better than stock. However you might be paying more for the name and maybe they're charging for tuning and matching also. But since they'r'e lacking some tuning or adjusting features, the price is high compared to other setups with more features at a lower price.

If you are looking for a mild upgrade that will make your car handle better I'd personally recommend something like Koni or AGX and RSR springs if the person wanted some adjustability but aren't quite ready to go full out. There's some people I know (some who autoX) who prefer this simplicity, as there is only 1 adjustment (dampening) to worry about.

Then from there the only choice left is full-on coilovers. But keep in mind that the more complicated it is (i.e. more adjustments), the more you have to pay attention to settings and measurements and angles. If these things overwhelm the person, then that person won't have enough time to actually just "enjoy" driving - track or not.

BTW your last sentence doesn't make sense... and there is technically a "show" section of the forum - it's the "Style" section. There you'll probably find a lot of info about cars who do more show stuff than go stuff, like body kits... and S14.5 conversions.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

eh, why notmake a face lift when you got the money and when youve had an accident. you know of anybody tracking 2.8g front end conversion besides your beloved jspec and other pro drifters? last time i checked most s14.5 were parked hard.

if you had bad track experience that only means you need more practice
Old 01-09-2005, 02:37 PM

I'm getting a little sick of this, silviadriver can you just grow up, countless posts I have seen by you just stir up ****, stop instigating and maybe help someone out once in awhile...

this thread is closed