General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Opinions on rb26 s-13 top end monster.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 PM

Opinions on rb26 s-13 top end monster.

Hey guy's, I have damn near read every thread in the motorswap section and I have a mass of knowledge now! I won't bore you guys with stupid questions but I will ask for varied opinions.

The rb26dett is similar to the 2jz-gte in a lot of ways. We all know that stock block 2jz's can hit past 900 over again. It seems like the genreal consensus on this forum is that the rb26 is no good for more than 600whp on stock block. From my experience being stationed in germany. Alot of guys would pcs from japan to germany and bring back gt-r's since no conversion is needed. From all the info I gathered from them, they say it's common to see GT-R'S in japan making well over 600 on the stock block as well.

Now with that being said, I would like to make a highway beast that can crush supra's, ford gt's, etc.

I would think that a rb26 with a big single turbo in a s13 chassis would be a beast provided you had a killer suspension to hook up when racing from a roll or dig w/slicks. I do understand that the weight of the s-13 and spinning for days would be a constant threat due to how much power I want to make. Money is no issue and I've been contemplating this swap for a while now and want to do it wright(suspension being the first priority).

I do, however; want to make the most power off the stock block first and then go ahead and bulid it when it blows. This car will be striclty a highway monster but I'd like to have a suspension that would work both for serious top-end and for that occasional dig race for those cats that don't want a roll race.

I could care less about being different because 99% of the time my hood will not be open to the public, but big numbers are what im thinking and yes the rb25det is stout but I want to go with what's been proven time and time again in japan. I'm not saying the rb25 isn't proven, but we all know what the rb26 can do as far as big numbers.

So what would you guys do if you want a top-end beast?

I want to do a big single rb26 powered s-13 with a SOLID SUSPENSION. Oh yeah, There will have to be custom gearing in the rb25 transmission to be up there with the supra's and ford gt's as well.

The main emphasis is a rb26 s-13 w/big single for top end racing.

Please provide me with some educated opinions please.

Thanks guys.

Will the moderator please delete this identical post from the motor swap forum and leave this here.

Last edited by swing lo; 01-07-2007 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:31 PM

Umm, ok? Go for it?
Old 01-07-2007, 08:45 PM

welcome to every 240 fans wet-dream, but remember , you gotta pay to play, and it aint cheap.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

imo rb25 or rb20 is alot more feasible. good thing you do have an understanding of the weight issue.... so maybe an s-chassis is not the best car to drop the rb26 in. 400hp in an s-chassis is very scary at high speeds and the car will undoubtedly get out from underneath the driver
Old 01-07-2007, 09:36 PM

silviaks2nr, can you explain what you mean by "come out from under the driver"....

are you saying that it's just too much power, and you can break traction too easily?

I am interested to know about why an S-chassis is scary at high speeds....with appropriate suspension mods and other work, I thought you can get a 240 to be nearly 50/50 weight distribution

Anyways, I am just intrigued by what you said
Old 01-07-2007, 10:45 PM

Like I said, I am prepared to spend for this project if I do decide to go with the s-13. I never put this kind of money into a car for my own health though. This car should bring me dividends if you know what I mean. I look at it as an investment that should cash out.

Supra's, viper's, ford gt's, turbo cobra's, etc, won't see this car coming if indeed I build it.

The only draw back will be:

1) I'll have to change the paint every couple of weeks and swap a multitude of drivers.

OR

2) Build another S-13 identical to the first minus 80% of the power the rb will produce to throw them off a bit..............oh and still switch drivers in and out.

I really want to get some real world feedback from some of the guys here that have 500whp+ s13's out here to see what suspension their running. I do, however; appreciate everything so far from contributing members.

As before, tire size and suspension-if I can get that right on the money then I should be good to go. I'm also thinking that I might have to to regulate the boost by gear. 1st-3rd should probably see 18-25psi. The end of 3rd-5th should see 25-30 but this is all a rough guess.

Probably going to have to look into a good front aero kit that's actually functional and a solid rear wing(not to be confused with F&F kids)

See I don't want to lose the power to weight factor being that that's where my advantage will come from. Like "silviaks2nr" said before I can't have the beast getting out from beneath me either.

This should be the step's the loser will act out..... When they see the s-13 pulling away, when they realize what the got theirself into, and when he start's to hand over a large sum of monetary figures.

Last edited by swing lo; 01-07-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:56 PM

This is insane, please don't kill anybody when you race

I can just imagine you repainting the car every week hahah
Old 01-07-2007, 11:31 PM

i think ur just talking out ur A$$, you must be a millionaire to change the paint and driver everyweek, wat kind of car are you making it to be if your going to have a highway monster or watever it is you call it?????
Old 01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

so what are you building this car for exactaly? and uhhh...what are talking about when speaking of swaping paint and drivers. and if you want a bunch of power just go 2J.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
so what are you building this car for exactaly? and uhhh...what are talking about when speaking of swaping paint and drivers. and if you want a bunch of power just go 2J.
I think you can figure that out. 2jz for what? when I can get the same amount of power out of the rb26.

And to the guy above you, you don't have to be a millionare to change paint out every couple of weeks. I didn't realize 500 bucks for a cheap paint job(which will be the only thing cheap about the car) is a lot to fork out, especially when you just made thousands off a race. I think changing colors is worth it if you plan on having anyone left in the area that will willingly race you after the word gets out.

Back on topic though, is there anyone out there who is making 500+whp with a rb26? If so What suspension are you using.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 AM

With all due respect, sir, you keep on saying "what suspension are you using"

If you plan on really going 200 mph in a 240, you should swap out every single component of the suspension for aftermarket pillowball stuff....tie rods, toe rods, traction rods, RUCAs, beefier sway bars, coilovers, tension rods, etc.

Then, you also should get a roll bar, because at 200 mph, when you hit a small bump on the highway, I wouldn't doubt it if your car takes off and gets airborne......if Indycars and Formula 1 cars can flip over at LESS than that speed with a CRAPLOAD of downforce, you sure as hell are gonna want to have a roll cage as well as investing in some diffusers for under the car and probably a really good rear wing

Then you start looking into some sort of thing that will add downforce in the front of the car too

Good luck with your project
Old 01-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by swing lo
I think you can figure that out. 2jz for what? when I can get the same amount of power out of the rb26.
uhh...if i could figure it out why would i be asking?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by swing lo
Supra's, viper's, ford gt's, turbo cobra's, etc, won't see this car coming if indeed I build it.

The only draw back will be:
1) I'll have to change the paint every couple of weeks and swap a multitude of drivers.
2) Build another S-13 identical to the first minus 80% of the power the rb will produce to throw them off a bit..............oh and still switch drivers in and out.
I really want to get some real world feedback from some of the guys here that have 500whp+ s13's out here to see what suspension their running. I do, however; appreciate everything so far from contributing members.

As before, tire size and suspension-if I can get that right on the money then I should be good to go. I'm also thinking that I might have to to regulate the boost by gear. 1st-3rd should probably see 18-25psi. The end of 3rd-5th should see 25-30 but this is all a rough guess.

Probably going to have to look into a good front aero kit that's actually functional and a solid rear wing(not to be confused with F&F kids)
This should be the step's the loser will act out..... When they see the s-13 pulling away, when they realize what the got theirself into, and when he start's to hand over a large sum of monetary figures.
Wow this is like the blueprint for "Fast and the Furious 3: Mustank beater". I bet this kid is just dreaming. i need to built an identical-but-slower version of my car so i can "throw people off".
Old 01-08-2007, 03:19 PM

Hey man fall back! Stop drinking so much hatoraid. stay out the thread if you don't like it. Im still going to do what I do.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jspaeth
silviaks2nr, can you explain what you mean by "come out from under the driver"....

are you saying that it's just too much power, and you can break traction too easily?

I am interested to know about why an S-chassis is scary at high speeds....with appropriate suspension mods and other work, I thought you can get a 240 to be nearly 50/50 weight distribution

Anyways, I am just intrigued by what you said
wind resistance and lift... err not really lift, just lack of adequate downforce.

Quick Reply: Opinions on rb26 s-13 top end monster.