General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Philadelphia Street Races

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Contributing Member

this is not a palce for street racing. I am going to recommend that you take this up on a site like www.streetracing.org
Old 02-13-2003, 02:22 PM

when a lot of people gather with lots of cars to race on a street , that IS asking for trouble like i said. you can say nobody is showing off or acting badazz all you want. but i know damn well when you go there you will be thinking that you are the shiz yourself. go to a track, nobody will get hurt unless somehow the car flies into the stands or something. or you can find somebody really rich and tell him to build a track and dont charge people up the *** for entrance fees.
Old 02-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jin kazama
when a lot of people gather with lots of cars to race on a street , that IS asking for trouble like i said. you can say nobody is showing off or acting badazz all you want. but i know damn well when you go there you will be thinking that you are the shiz yourself. go to a track, nobody will get hurt unless somehow the car flies into the stands or something. or you can find somebody really rich and tell him to build a track and dont charge people up the *** for entrance fees.
you have obviously never been to an organized street race. or if you have, it was much different than any one i've ever been to. its just like s15 says, a gathering of people with a common interest and passion of cars. people are friendly- you can go up to anyone and strike up a conversation about their car. as long as you're safe about racing, i don't see the harm. its fun even if you don't race. its fun to be a part of something like that. its a car show, its a drag strip, its a social gathering, and its free.

the cops around here don't even care, they just roll by, flash their lights, and clear the place out- no arrests, no tickets, no harrasment.
Old 02-14-2003, 12:09 PM

obviously i have been to them when i was a couple years younger. learned my lesson ( twice ). its stupid, its NOT a car show, its a social gathering yeah, but a gathering the cops will break up quickly. u waste more gas and money running away from cops than you do going to a legit track.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:24 PM

there are 2 spots in cleveland that I know of to Street race. I admit I do it sometimes, but anytime I have a bad feeling, I don't do it. I've seen a lot of accidents during these events, but usually its because someone's ego got in the way, and they didn't want to lose instead of just slowing down and letting the other person win. during the winter, you won't see anyone street racing in an organized fashion. it may just be an occasional highway race going home from work or your girl's house. but nothing organized. We had ****ty winters, so we cant do **** in the winter time. Besides, the spots we race at, the cops know about them, so sooner or later, they show up, and we leave.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:25 AM

I know in NJ and NY there are some places to go and street race. The ones that ruin it are the ones that think they are the **** becuase they just added 15+hp with their new intake and exhaust. I mean I have been places where they go driving to the spot and a whole line of hooked up and riced out cars are driving down the GSP with their hazards on. Those are the ones that ruin it. When you get a group of mature people together who know what their car can and can't do it is cool. The problem is that there are too many immature fckers around that ruin it for everyone else.

Chad
Old 02-19-2003, 09:15 AM

Ok first off Jeebs....I saw the car reck too......but i feel that street racing is not bad......in d-town off of little york hard core racing gos down....big money on bad *** cars.....the pace is deserted.....its inbetween diserted buildings......off in noplace....the cops role out there but they dont take any action.....but like i said street racing isnt bad....!!!!!

TERROR