General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Post Your Best 240 Moment Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 12:38 PM

back in 99 I had a 89 240sx well I was drinkin and driving, Long story short slung the 5-speed through 1st and 2nd, hit a propane truck, the front of my 240 ran under the back wheels and the truck made my hood fold up like tin foil everybody who saw the accident thought I was dead cause my car was so messed up but the **** pit of my 240 was STRONG. I had no injuries.. Crazy story but I cut it in half.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributing Member

wrong thread maybe^

TITLE: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here
Old 10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nsn240
wrong thread maybe^

TITLE: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here
I was thinking about saying something about that post, but I figured it would be a best 240 moment considering he drunk drove himself into a propane truck and lived to tell about it...
Old 10-20-2005, 02:04 AM

My best moment was when i just bought my car like two weeks ago . Then i started waxing it the night after purchase...first i started on the pop up lights and the roof of my car...then that's when i realized that wax can clean...i was like WOA it's fuggihn kleeen!! so i got real excited and did the whole car. i shown my dad and my brother and they were like daaaaaaang! and we just sat in the garage for about two hours just talking about how lucky i got a 1991 s13 coupe w/ HUD with options and a set of steelies, spare trunk with wing with only 66k miles. and i think my dad was more excited about me getting the car. Back then he hated four cylinder cars nomatter how light or how sexy they looked or ther wonderful weight ratios until i waxed it.omg. then the next morning he peeled out in front of the house and when he pulled up into the garage he said "I might have to trade in my Z for one of these!" then he started looking into the sr's and even did research on the different 240 models....and that was my favorite moment when my dad fell in love with 240's.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:37 AM

my best moment..... probably when i drove my friend who drives a mustang cobra (old body style like mid 90's) and he told me that my car is insane and would be able to keep up with his easily.

(he has it supercharged and i have SR20DET swap)
Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 PM

Cruzin next to a 2005 Dodge Viper, $100,000 car, on the freeway doin about 120 weivin in-and-out of traffic, not racing, just crusin. Then we both got off the same exit and pulled up next to each other. He took me.. untill i hit 80 in second. I don't think he was really trying though.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Contributing Member

untill i hit 80 in second.
Huh?
Old 10-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by motegineon
Huh?

lmao, EXACTLY what i was thinking.
My car gets about 50 to 60 in second? I've only done it once or twice, so i wouldn't know. But i know there is no way in hell you got 80, that can't be healthy, nevermind possible.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

Ok, about 1/2 an hour ago:

I was at work from 4-7pm. (afterschool)
I work with this kid, he's like 20. He's got a little sunfire, echo-tech engine, it goes okay. He has a system, body kit, graphics(lame),and exhaust tip . LOL
He is a cool kid, good friend of mine. ANYHOW, i told him my car was outside. For the past few weeks i've been telling him about it, and how great the stock exhaust sounds, etc. He diddn't believe me.

So we go outside, i rev it up a little, the whole while he keeps saying '"DAMN! This thing is ****ing mint! Where'd you get this!?!" etc. "Damn that sounds mean! Listen to it growl."

--All the while i'm laughing it up, feeling so proud of my baby--

He wants to see it go. I go left out of the parking lot, have to cross two lanes and an island, pretty wide turn.
In first i just stomp it and throw the rear end out around the island. Take off, second, third etc.
TORE UP THE ROAD.
I've been laughing it up and i have the biggest sense of pride right now. He's the first to see my baby, I don't get to take her out much (no liscense(learner's permit), my step-dad picks me up, lets me drive home-- he doesn't care that i get sideways, lol he used to race)
Now i know he can vouch for me when ppl say my car is a POS, when they've never even seen it :-p

i'm in love <3
Old 10-26-2005, 12:02 PM

so far my best 240 moment, is when i bought it
i got in it and drove it down the hill towards my cousins house ( only about 5 mins away) and right before i got in his driveway it went dead, so we used kick cables, got it started and it would barely go up his driveway because it was so steep. then we got a trailer and took it to my sisters b/f's house where were gonna rebuild the engine and paint the car and all, and when we got there we had to push it around back becuase the battery was dead due to a bad alternator. yea it might not be the best story, but its my first and only memory of having a 240 and ive wanted one for sooooooo ****in long, i still get a smile on my face when i tell people i got a 240, who cares that it still needs work, at least i can say its mine HAHA
Old 10-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

^^ Amen brother
Old 10-26-2005, 10:07 PM

This happened to me 2 days after I bought the car.... I was going down the freeway, and there was this little bump in the right lanes that I forgot was there.... (it's like a little dip, but if you're going too fast it'll take you out) Well, I forgot that it's there, and I was flying at like 105mph, and BOOM! I hit that ish hard, and it almost felt like the car was losing control, my cousin was behind me and he told me when i hit it the undercarriage scraped the ground and there was a buttload of sparks.... it started swerving around, and i spun out once... (thank God it was in the middle of the night, and no one was around... once the car stopped, I turned back forward again and got off at the next exit. We went into the metro parking lot under the freeway, and I got out and threw up....

Yea, I might seem queasy, but at that moment, i was scared senseless, i thought i was gonna ram into the friggin wall.....

And that is my 240 moment.....
Old 10-26-2005, 10:29 PM

When I got my '96 last summer I had to wait 3 day for the title/plates to come in. I was up at 3:00AM driving the car around town with no plates or title in the car. When you can't wait 3 days to take a car out legally you know you're hooked.

Now for my '93 story.

I tried to keep this project under wraps because I didn't want anyone to know what I was working on...not even my best friend knew about it. I had just installed the sr and I was testing it around town without a front bumper on and I was at a red light and I was just chilling because everyone I knew was either in school/work. And then my best friend pulls up right beside me and was like, "WTF!!!!!"

Old 10-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Rogue10_6
I was flying at like 105mph, and BOOM! I hit that ish hard, and it almost felt like the car was losing control, my cousin was behind me and he told me when i hit it the undercarriage scraped the ground and there was a buttload of sparks.... it started swerving around, and i spun out once... (thank God it was in the middle of the night, and no one was around... once the car stopped, I turned back forward again and got off at the next exit. We went into the metro parking lot under the freeway, and I got out and threw up....
Yea, I might seem queasy, but at that moment, i was scared senseless, i thought i was gonna ram into the friggin wall.....
And that is my 240 moment.....
sheesh... I'd be scared sh1tless too. I know we all feel "the need for speed" at times, but do be careful. If you're doing a buck on any road, you better know what's coming up, 'cuz it's coming up real fast. Glad to hear you're O-K though.

Originally posted by 240 Freak

I tried to keep this project under wraps because I didn't want anyone to know what I was working on...not even my best friend knew about it. I had just installed the sr and I was testing it around town without a front bumper on and I was at a red light and I was just chilling because everyone I knew was either in school/work. And then my best friend pulls up right beside me and was like, "WTF!!!!!"

rofl, that's great. It's too bad you don't have a picture of the expression on his face when he saw it.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:09 AM

He's a Nissan fan, too, so he was just curious to see it. He looked and then I tried to look away and I took off and he was like, "HONK HONK HONK...pull over Lucas!"

Quick Reply: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here