General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Post Your Best 240 Moment Here

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 12:49 PM

um......i'm missing something just read like 200 ****ing pages of people whoring and calling each ****** but i thought this page was good times.

Well my best time hmmmmm........o now i remember. It this was back like three or four months and it was about dusk time wise i'm heading south on I-57 towards champaign back to U of I. Now by no means i'm a old granny behind the wheel and thankfully too. Hence to go from my house (30 miles north of chicago) to champaign usually takes me about 90 minutes (170 miles). I'm usually on the range of 115-119mph so governor doesn't kick. OKay so i'm driving and there's this guy in 330CI i have no idea who it is (when i was passing him) but he's driving slow for my taste but he doesn't let me pass, till pass him on the left side shoulder and cut him off. this all good and fun i step on the gas continue crusiing at 115 (but slowed to 90 when a cop got o nthe highway for like 10 min). Within 15 minutes the SOB is back or so i think. I'm going 115 again but this **** is sitting on my tail like i'm grannny on highway and i can't get into the right lane cause there is a constant slow moving traffic.

This is where it gets interesting..... i hit the gas and sure enough the governor for some odd reason doesn't kick in now i'm going at least 130mph and damn near red lining and the **** is tailing me. I'm now about 5 miles from champaign so the first chance i have in get into the right lane. Only to see this old mother****er giving me the finger sitting in brand spanking new enzo for split second and then throws car into fifth and disappears into the horizon. Scarest, coolest and most screwed up moment i have ever had with my car. DON'T DELETE
Old 05-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

nice... i live about 50-60 miles west of chicago and i work about 70 miles from chapaign... i know a few people that go to school there to.

pm me sometime you are around, we can check out eachothers cars
Old 05-07-2005, 09:56 PM

well let me tell you about my worst story. sorry it's nothing about a 240 since it's in the shop getting her clear coated and getting my junkyard stock spoiler painted yellow. i'll tell you about my 00 civic si. (yes i traded that **** away and downgraded to a 90 S13 with 250k miles, but it's worth it)

so then i was on my way home after a debut (filipinos' version of a sweet 18.) and i see a tan accord with a middle aged woman! ha! what is she doing out at this time at night? yes and i had a civic si (time to finally test out that dohc vtec) at a stop light on [normandie and slauson] and when it hits green i accelerate casually but there goes the accord! jumps out of the light and she must have hit 80 so the next second i try to catch up to her but i never do due to my lack of skill of shifting. she makes a right into a small street and that was the end to that. the worst part was that at that very moment i was one of those civics packed with 5 people getting humiliated once again. so here comes my best moment: the day i turn that rice rocket in for a real car: 240 sx s13.

well it's not that good cuz i'm a sucker. i will not embarrass my 240 and will soon master stickshift. DONT DELETE ha.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:37 AM

The best moment I had with my 240 is when I first bought it. It was stock and it only had 76,xxx miles.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

alright this one is just reatrded...
i had this guy come into my work and ask me if my car was a supra. yes a supra! my car doesnt remotoely resemble a supra. so i told him no its a 240 and all that stuff SAD!!! people are getting dumber and dumber as time passes

another one that pretty funny.
yesterday, this kid and his girlfriend came into my store looking to buy a Nextel(i sell and repair nextel phones). i had my car parked right by the door so i can see it. so anyway, they come in and start asking my questions about phones, then the guy is like, is that a 240NX, im like its a 240SX. hes like whoah! is it turbo and all that? so i start telling him about my car, and i told him that i would show it to him too,
so after i sold them a phone we go outside and i start showing him my car. this kid is a huge tool! he didnt know anything about cars and he kept saying that his 90 eclipse gs would smoke me! so i told him to bring it and that i would bet him $100 staright up that my car would smoke his.

so then he starts asking me if i drift, i told him not really im still learning, so as im leaving hes like do a burnout... so i mash the gas and pull her sideways to the left in the parking lot, bring it back around to right and just drifted out into the road and left...as i left i looked back and him as his girl friend were just staring at my car with wide open eyes!

it was so awesome...240's kick so much ***!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

Well theres never really been ONE particular moment that sticks out, but rather many. First off, i had just gotten my 240 (years ago i may add) and i was fixing some stuff on it at the shop my dad worked at at the time cuz he ahd tools comin out the as$. anyway, those guys who worked there were rednex to the bone, and started ripping on it cuz its got a 4 banger and rear wheel drive saying stuff like "4bangers are for front wheel drive weinie cars". After i was finished for the day, on my way out of the shop while everyone was clocking out, i pulled a huge smokey burnout, completely filling the shop with smoke. Now you gotta understand, this is a shop where we fix cranes, its freakin huge. I waltzed back in with a smile on my face, everyone was silent.

Another great moment.
My 240 sat up for about 3 years and im now in the process of fixing it up again, and my freind drove by in his civic and started ripping on the 240 cuz it ran like crap. he got out and started to look around it, crouching here and there, and as he crouched by the exhaust i revved it up real high and on its way down, backfired in his face. I nearly crapped myself when he fell on his as$ from the surprise. That was godly. Show that ricer whats what.

One last thing. I dont understand why everyone rips on honda. I love hondas, I hate civics and tegs. But on the hole, i think hondas are some solid cars. I have a 1990 acura legend along with my 240, and its one bad car, never had any problems. I say dont rip on honda, rip on civics and tegs.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Contributing Member

Type R Teg is still the bomb diggity. Don't hate.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Contributing Member

i dont know bout teg r's... never drove one, so ill give it immunity. But as for civic,crx, and normal teg: suck a fat one
Old 05-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Contributing Member

Doing this burnout in my yard:
Old 05-21-2005, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

i have another great moment. ive been trying to get my 240 working right after school every day for the past month. Ive been really pissed off and just about gave up and yanked it out till i could get a sr20. Well to make a long story short, i narrowed it down to incorrect air/fuel mixture. It turns out when i put my motor back together, the cruise control cable popped out of where its supposed to be, causing the throttle body to be ever so slightly open at all times, making it idle at like 1400. Well i popped the cable back where its supposed to be, and now it idles at 800 where its suppoed to. The greatest part was roaring down the street at 80mph testing out the 240... i havent driven it in 3 years. Its fast. I think the resonator i put in place of the catalytic converter really freed up some ponies. The muffler leaks really bad, so it really was roaring down the road lol... I nearly nut my pants taking off and slamming 2nd gear. Now i remember why i bought my beloved 240...

BTW anyone wanna buy a 1990 acura legend coupe with a 5 speed and immaculate leather?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

nice to hera all the great momments... also this is post 100!!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member

Yay, this threads growing!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

I got one for ya.....I drove about 30 miles to another town for a dentist appointment. I was wit my dad. About halfway there the Temp gauge shot straight up!We were ignorant and thought that it was broken On the way back with about 25 miles to go steam startes to escape out of my hood. Im like crap, but then im like YES time for a swap! I pray that the engine blows and drive the whole way back SSLOOOWWWLLYYY. It doesnt die! Stupid tough KA.....The next day it turned on PERFECTLY....O well ill wait for a swap.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:39 PM

^ hey just about the exact samething happened to me a few years ago when my dad was pickin me up in the 240 and the temp gage went through the roof. When we pulled over at a gas station and there was no coolant in there we filled it back up and drove home to a mechanic friend and it turned out the timing chain had eaten though the cover and the engine was drowning in it's own coolant. And I was like YES time for a sr or rb or a de anything with a dohc, but I didn't have the time or money for them so we got a 200 dollar sohc...o well
Old 05-22-2005, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Im still swapping I dont care....VG for me though....

Quick Reply: Post Your Best 240 Moment Here