General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Question????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Unhappy Question????

Ok i guess this is the place to ask a question (if i read correctly). Ummmm.....ok i'm a 17 year old male with very limited funds and i kneed to learn to work on my car. I mean i know barely anything and i would like to know a good way to learn my car and motor and any suggestions for a person who wants his car for daily use and the occasional track use but i want the speed and power that comes with a track motor. I have friends that have an import thing every sat night and i talk with them but none of them have 240's except 2 and right now they're in calli, but any suggestions on learning and finding things for cheap for my car would be helpful. Thanks.

Pat
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 AM

moved to "General"

a good way to learn is read everything you can about the car, search the forums alot
Old 12-02-2005, 06:34 AM

read and research. look though forums look at what people post the responses, learn about the parts and how they work.

And make sure your getting into it because you like it, not because your tring to look cool. If your just tring to look cool it isnt for you, you'll be broke all the time. Nissans are costly to mod, if you wanna look cool and get cheap parts buy a civic. if you wanna be a hard core enthusiest do what i said.

Last edited by Shri222; 12-02-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

just do it... that phrase works for learning sh*t too... read and observe
Old 12-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Thank you for the advice and i'm doing it because i love my car and that is why i want to mod it. i mean i've had to fix a couple of things (not major) but small things that i figured i could do and when i did it just felt good to know that i was working on my car, my baby, and that is why i want to learn to work on her. thanks for the advice and i'll try to find time to search the forums but today i have to go to work so once again thank you for the advice.
Pat

P.S. i had the choice between my 240 and a civic hatch and well i didn't want a civic. once i got my 240 i fell in love.