General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Radar

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 07:25 AM

Radar

Hey I just got a $180 speeding ticket the other day, and have become very interested in cop radars haha. I was wondering if anyone has any recomendations or experiences with any specific companies or models. I really don't want to spend money on one thats not going to work. Any input would be great thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

I have a uniden unit that picks up frequecy's that the police broadcast on. I also used to have a CB radio which was fun and usefull. I've never owned a lazer/radar detector before but I've heard that generally Valentine 1 is the best out there. Plus I've done a little research myself and it seems like it's definetly high in quality.

I know for a fact that the uniden unit has saved my a$$ a couple of times. The CB actually helped out a little... but broke so I had to get rid of it. However whenever I'm about to pull something that I don't normally do for a extended period of time, I'll just turn on the good old scanner and see if I can't locate any in the area.

My best experience with the uniden would have to be when I was following a friends 450hp eclipse to a friends house at the tune of a constant speed of 95-100 mph on highway. So after we get off the highway I start to pick up this one guy talking about two "white cars street racing on the highway and what exit they got off of." So yeah they were talking exactly about us. "Follow them and see if you can't get something on them because I didn't get a chance to clock them. What street are you located on?" So I instantly called my friend via nextel and told him to keep it in his pants for a little. Not two streets later did we see a cop sitting on the side of the road. And I hear... "Alright I think I found them, I'm gonna pull behind them and tag along and see if I can't scare them into running." After that my friend and I just took it easy on course untill we drove out of their district and the guy had to part ways. I was like that was awesome!! I heard what those fruckers were thinking!! OINK OINK!!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:50 PM

that's badass ... haha.
Old 02-26-2005, 11:55 AM

Get a valentine1 radar detector! Its the best out there and definately worth it.