General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

rate your mods and "upgrades"

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 AM

^^^ok i see how it is........ anyway only you can help yourself ultimately. You can either be this guy....
Name:  330_th.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  6.4 KB

Or this guy........
Name:  Pic1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  18.6 KB

...use the force....
Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by clubredsilvia
JDM? If thats what you think a Silvia badge kit from ebay will get you, then yes. That's exactly how a stock zenki looks in japan. Now the "nuetron" exhaust, green neon in the front bumper, and your custom black rims w/(semi) polished "lips". Thats should get you a license plate like RCR S14.lol -

-seriously tho. by simply throwing away the neon and using laqeur thinner on the rims, you can start your car in the right direction. Then some lowering springs and a catback and i might even call your car cool.

-Remember "flaming is a learning process" and i'm just trying to help you.!
well said, i kept my mouth shut beacause it woulda came out a lot worse..
Old 08-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

what he said ^^^ lol
Old 08-23-2007, 03:16 PM

so what do you think makes me a "ricer" the underglow or the license plate. dont mention the painted hubs, i know they're ****ty, but they look real.. in motion.

just cuz i dont have tons of money to put into my car, and have just been able to afford a muffler doesnt automaticlly qualify me as a ricer. now if i was racing everybody cuz i thought my car was fast, and put stripes and a huge spoiler, AND the exhaust, ...maybe. but all i have is something that sounds good. the lights look good, ...and well, i thought the hubs were a good idea cuz they were the closest looking to rims without shelling out 1000. obviously not.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Club240 Staff

Before this turns into a fight, I am just going to stop it here on both sides. We are going to make or best effort to not be a flaming site like every other 240 site.

Simply put, you will not get a whole lot of respect from the 240 enthusiasts around here with neons. Your taste is your own and if you like it, then so be it. Most here and elsewhere will tend not to agree with at least that one mod. And while there is absolutely nothing wrong with a silvia badge (I had one), it will take other JDM interior and exterior mods, for it to be taken seriously as a JDM car. Just my input, not an attack or flame. I am sure it will come together in time.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

the plates are ok, i think wheels look better w/o the hubs, but those things are ok its the neon that kills it not trying to offend you its your car do your own thing just were not too into neons here.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

get a silvia grill they are sexy unlike the usdm zenki grill lol
Name:  103_3390.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  175.9 KB
Old 08-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

painting your hubs didnt make you a ricer, the license plate is fine..it could say imaricer and it wouldnt make u a ricer..the neons and badges however were a waste of money "that you apparently dont have" ..putting badges on your car does not make it jdm, it is far from it, and you dont drive a silvia..you drive a 240sx...theres a lot more to a real silvia than just badges and a motor.. what makes it all worse is you can see the freaking neon, gawd what a quality job..and i hope that isnt ur house in the background then if u have no money..u coulda lowered the car for what u paid for the neons, badges, and custom plate..

oops im too late...sorry lol

Last edited by motegineon; 08-23-2007 at 03:51 PM. Reason: late reply
Old 08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

i like my silvia grill
Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 PM

the silvia grill actually is the next thing i wanna get. the neon is popular in my location, cuz im the only one with it, so you may not like it, but it gets positive attention where i live. and as for it showing, my way of installing it is my way. i dont want to spend insane amounts of money for some garage to do it, so i put it how it worked best for me. i think it looks fine. obviously a body kit covering it would look better, but i dont have that.

i never said i seriously thought i drove a silvia. yeah, its in 'what i drive' but i know what a silvia is and i know what my car really is. if you had any sense of humor, you would have realized that 'ized' means kinda of similar. if i said a JDM silvia, then you would have the right. im not stupid or i wouldnt do anything to my car. i strive to own a beautiful car, i eventually want to convert mine as close to JDM as i can, but until then, ill do what i can and purchase what i can without losing my car altogether.

as for the 'waste of money' i spent the neon and badges. my wife bought the badges cuz she knows how much i like my car and want to customize it, and the neon was a cheap thing that got me attention.

i am surprised that you, as a moderator, explicitly disobeyed what i am assuming to be higher up than you, and proceeded to 'flame' me, against all regulation that YOU are supposed to protect against.

and what the hell is motegineon anyway? is it Motegi Neon, as in the dodge neon? you're one to talk about ricers

p.s. thanks to those who retracted their previous 'flaming' and reworded it in nicer talk (charlesj and battosaii)

Last edited by neville610135; 08-23-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

calm down people lets not let this escalate to somthing stupid. If you like neons man thats all you its your car do what YOU like not what other people like and be happy
Old 08-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

as the thread starter i think it's only fitting that i say something here.

i started this thread so we could all get an idea of what is a good upgrade and what is not so good. i was hoping this would encourage the newer members to join in. this began to go down the wrong path but fortunate everything seems to be fine now.

i at no point in time wished for this to turn into a competition of who has the best car. i've probably owned my 240 longer than most if not all of the members here and as you can see i have a modest list of mods.

the idea is to encourage others to participate not ridicule others for what they please to add to their car.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 PM

Thread closed.. Some of you need to grow the FuC& up!!!!
Neville when you post your ride in a forum people are entitled to there opinions , because when you post the pic you are asking for it!!!!
Charles you know better. motegineon and battosaii930 knock off the bullsh%t.
I don't need my email blown up about people reporting sh8T that isn't cool, it f%cks up my day!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

I was going to chime in, but looks like Vinnie beat me to the lock...lets keep it friendly guys. :/