General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

removing cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Haha. I wish I had it on my car for those 2 hour trips to go to the track.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:46 PM

Yeah, that's why I asked if it was his first car and for his age. Not trying to be mean, but I mean, if it's his first car, it would explain a lot of this decision to me. He simply wouldn't know any better.

-Dave
Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Contributing Member

Im at the point of even possibly installing A/C on my SR20. I kinda like the whole comfort/drivability thing. I am not going pro with drifting. I just enjoy it and do it in my free time.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Well, I'm not going pro, but I will be following the Pro-Am track soon enough. I enjoy A/C and powersteering and cruise control, I have it all, I'll be keeping it all. I'm at no "thirst" for power, so I don't have to worry about it and to be honest, even if I was back in 4 bangers and 6 shooters, I'd still go for the accessories because they make it very nice when you're at the track on a 90 or 100+ degree day. I've been at the track on those days, all the same people who are like "why do you keep A/C and full interior" are taking turns sitting in my car, LOL!

I'll even drift with the A/C on, it doesn't drain that much power and most cars are setup so that under full throttle your compressor shuts off anyway. I just don't normally do it because I feel bad that I'm sitting pretty in my car and it's suffering in the scorching heat. I won't even get into powersteering . . .that's just a God-Send. Makes drifting SOOO much more controllable.

-Dave
Old 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

HAHAHAHAAAAH

dude i drove 8 hours a night for about 7 months and had no issues keeping the pedal steady on the highways in iraq

hit the gym
Old 11-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Contributing Member

The only bad thing about A/C is that the condensor sits in front of the radiator and when you use the A/C, it gets hot and your motor doesnt cool as good. Add a FMIC on top of that and you have really bad air flow and poor cooling.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:06 PM

I think my cooling is just fine, especially in the car, LOL!

Bigger radiator, better fans . . .water wetter. . .

-Dave
Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

this thread went down hill fast didn't it? anyways i remove things from my 240 as they brake and don't replace them if i don't have to. i do this for two reasons, one i don't want to spend any more money on this car. secondly it makes the engine bay look less cluttered.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Contributing Member

i removed my cruise control cause it didnt work lol

also i had stock 180sx radiator in my s14 with s13 sr a/c never had a probelm even at the track on a very hot florida day. now i have a koyo and better coolant so im sure wont have any problems
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM

riiight, anyway, thread cleaned
Old 11-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Is this your first car? How old are you?
im 25, and i am wayyyy past my first car. my dd is a 98 civic (getting a little into the "ecomod" craze with that car ), this is my track car, so it only leaves the garage once or maybe twice a month. im racin autox and tryin to stick to the rules, so there are certain things u can remove and others you cant. so im just tryin to make the most within the rules that i am allowed. i considered removing the a/c, but its gets really freakin hot in the summer here in phoenix, az.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:09 PM

LMAO! As soon as I read "autocross" I understood completely . .

In that case, removing your inner fender wells also removes weight and allows for cooling, just don't leave em off in the rain, a good puddle can and WILL hydrolock your engine if you pull enough water in.

Yeah, I honestly thought you were some kid trying to get "faster on the touge". I really hate those . . .but if you're a man of your word, you seem like you are, I believe you and I take your word for it. If you are indeed autocrossing, the only classes that do not allow the accessories to be removed are the stock classes. Outside of those you are good.

Is this for the SCCA, the NASA? I'm no longer a member of the SCCA but I'm still an NASA member. Which class do you plan on running? If you plan on doing STS or STX, then you're going to run into a LOT of scrutiny when you get into stuff like that. ESPECIALLY in the SCCA. Most are there for fun, but a lot are there for the win. If you win, they'll seem suspicious, especially when you win by a small margin. They're QUICK to scrutinize cars and will pull that card quickly. I'd hate to see you lose your car for 24 hours just because someone thinks you're cheating.

But yeah, start a thread in the Auto-X/Road Racing forums and we'll chat more about it there. Let us know what your plans are and how you plan on carrying them out, we have enough autocrossers, road racers and track drifters here to give you all of the help/suggestion you need.

-Dave
Old 11-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Contributing Member

I drift at autocross events. haha. I am a loser.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

i think people take auto-x too seriously... i do it for fun but i mean wtf id give up my first place trophy if it ment they had to tear my car apart cause of some douche. beating armature's at a cone race in a parking lot isnt that important to me this is why i like the more lenient clubs here in miami like ER and Porsche club of america.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

helikestogofast

I love cruise control! makes the car more luxurious

Quick Reply: removing cruise control