General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

s15?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

"i would spend 22K just to say i have a s15 i cant drive"

actually not everybody would do it.

"i have a s15 dude"

"no you dont"

"yes i do!"

"where"

"sure come to my garage and ill show you"

riiight. wasting money on something that cant be driven. sounds liek ricer talk

if you want to spend money on something just to show it off and say you are able to buy it. buy a ferrari.

if this car was track only then it makes sense. but the guy is selling his modified car and daily driver to have a car that cant even be daily driven

i would never buy a s15. rather buy a s14 and swap in a rb26. would i buy a skyline? hell yes. why? cuz it can be legalized!

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-26-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:54 AM

maybe we should find out who to push to get the S15 ACUTALLY legalized here.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:14 AM

i just found out from a friend who works at the dmv....its not impossible to have a s15 as a daily driver.

still gotta go there for my own sake....kinda forgot that its closed on the weekends =)

my friend also told me it would be labeled as a kit car...and if i did get it registered another bad thing would be my insurance

but i guess im going to find out everything on monday
Old 02-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Contributing Member

as i have been saying and you havent been receiving. you can register it at the DMV, but it is STILL illegal. do you really think your insurance [AAA, Mercury, All State, or whomever it will be] will put you down as

Vehicle: 1999 Nissan Silvia

no its not in their database. how do people get around it? VIN swapping. label it as a 1998 240sx. or have it as a track car and risk driving it out on the streets once in a while. thats how you see jdm cars on the streets. u want it as a kit car. but do you know what a kit car is? read about it first. do you think its easy as to label it as a kit car and say "thanks now im out to drive my car"

a kit car is a car that is put together in body parts. in other words a kit car is a car that is entirely BUILT!! putting pieces together and it STILL has to pass certain laws. read about it

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...arekitcars.php

trust me, no cop is gonna believe the s15 is a kit car hahahaha id love to see how you would explain how you fabbed up that gauge cluster.

if you havent seen already, people who register a car as a kit car are mainly those old skool hot rods people, have you seen American Hot Rod? yes thats a kit car.

dont think for a second the police wont pull you over once they see you a RHD and a vehicle they have never seen. they will pull you over.

id love to see your face when you hand them your "insurance" hahahahaha

believe me on this: if driving a s15 on the streets were so "easy" as you like to make it sound, it would of been done YEARS ago.

you may have the knowledge in building 12 second WRX/STi, but you lack knowledge in this area.

maybe we should find out who to push to get the S15 ACUTALLY legalized here.
understand business. there is no market for the s15 here. if a s15 is legalized it would cost people about 50K a car. considering 240s are cheap *** ****s nobody is really going to buy the thing except for hardcore 240/Nissan people. why buy a s15 silivia when there is a counterpart here in the US that is just as worthy. spend 4K on a car, and you have 46K to build the car and it will be far better than a bone stock s15.

so u might ask, then how come the skyline worked? well cuz there is no US counterpart to the skyline and there is a market for them. how is there a market for them? cuz there is a market for rx7/8, supras, 350z, etc etc.

why legalize a s15 and go against the skyline. would i rather buy a legal skyline vs a s15? skyline. would i buy a 350z vs a s15? a 350z. nissans line up does go

skyline
fairlady z
silvia

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-27-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:31 PM

silviadriver hawaii's laws are diffrent... as for me talking like a ricer your talking like your a little jelouse. its not your money and he's talking to the dmv about it, thier are insurance companys that would do it, it would cost an *** load but their are companys for specialty cars like that. and for the record i said if you had the extra money to spend as if you have a millon dollars you could spend 25k and not even notice it. and if i had an s15 it would be a track ***** i promise you. we all agree its going to be a pain in the *** to legalize but that is up to the buyer not us and he has been warned how hard it is.
you have to have insurance befor it can leave the dealership, if it cant leave the dealership they wouldnt buy it. i worked at a dealership and both of my parents manage one. thier are ways of doing it.
as far as kit cars the m-12 is a kit/production car. AGAIN thier are ways of doing it.
if that is truly the car you want then get it. if you have your doubts then dont!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by AllSpooledUp808
i just found out from a friend who works at the dmv....its not impossible to have a s15 as a daily driver.

still gotta go there for my own sake....kinda forgot that its closed on the weekends =)

my friend also told me it would be labeled as a kit car...and if i did get it registered another bad thing would be my insurance

but i guess im going to find out everything on monday
Originally posted by Waynehead05
no way you can register it as a regular car. maybe a kit car though.
mmmmm... funny... that 18 year old kid knows what he's talking about! (me)
Old 02-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Contributing Member

only other way is to get it registered as a corporation car.... it has to be a big corporation though.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by s13_peacekeeper
as for me talking like a ricer your talking like your a little jelouse.
why would i be jealous? no need to be jealous over a decision i know that is stupid to do, which was sel the STi, and buy a s15.

im here to tell him its not gonna work, there are poeple out there with more "underground" power than he has, and yet none of them have a s15 do they? so what makes him think with his limited resources [friend at DMV] will put all this together and make it work? common sense.

selling the STi and getting a s15 sounds more of a thing to brag about as i said before.

im jealous of a buy spending 25k just to brag. sounds more of a bandwagon dreams.

riiiight.

if i can remember correctly, corporation cars can only be registered for a limited time, but i can be wrong on that.

dont forget they will ask you what kind of corporation is this that you need to register this type of car for.

but u know, if you believe so much you can get it legalized, here lemme help you

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...762#post139762

only 17.5g!!! they have serval in stock too! im sure you can pick your favorite color!

the day a s15 will be legalized is when a company comes out and says so like Motorex or RBmotoring. but hey Motorex is DEAD!! so until that happens, keep dreaming.

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-27-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:13 PM

Originally posted by silviadriver

the day a s15 will be legalized is when a company comes out and says so like Motorex or RBmotoring. but hey Motorex is DEAD!! so until that happens, keep dreaming.
the skyline came here, and considering how many people like the S15, i wouldnt be surprised if it actually did get here. im not saying it WILL happen, but it seriously could. yes there is no skyline counter, but then again, nothing in the range of the S15 can counter its looks, style or beauty.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

i said it before, a guy supposidly got a s15 legalized. how much did it cost him? 50K

there are plenty of cars for 50K that will beat the s15.

- 350z with twin turbo
- g35 with twin turbo
- used NSX
- used R32 that is legal if it can even be found
- used m3
- corvette
- supra tt
- evo 8
- sti
- rx7

you can come up wiht the rest by yourself

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-27-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 AM

jesus christ stop whining.

If he wants to spend that much money on a car then by all means. Do it!

If he wants to trade in his car for a shopping cart with a turbo.. do it!!!!

If he get *** ****ed in the end.. at least you can say.."told you so".

We all know there are tons of cars out there that are way faster than the s15. But it's like people buying custom bikes, or custom cars... It's different and it's their own. We all know production bikes or production cars are available that are way faster.. but it's not the same.

I'm not sure if i would spend 50k just to legalize an s15.. but i think i would pay a bit more to have a car no one else has. It's not the speed. It's the car. Doesn't matter what the price (at least to some it don't). I thought someone with an s14.5 would fully understand that.

To each his own. Right?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 AM

i never said it would be easy......i just said what he had told me

so before you get your panties into a stretch, read my post

i never said that i was gonna go out tomorrow and buy one.....i said i would go to the source
Old 02-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Contributing Member

NoBoDy iS ReAlLy WhInNiNg, YoU aRe JuSt BeInG oVeR SeNsITiVe

i didnt do a s14.5 to be "to each his own" i did it because i like the way it looks. with the 240 [the next civic] everything you've done is no longer original.

im reading your post and you still soun caught up in getting a dream car that wont happen. im juss hitting you in the face with reality so you dont look like a fool later when you sold your 12.2 second AWD STi for a high 13second car.

its not gonna be easy cuz as of right now its not possible, but hey your source said so.

did he tell you Santa is real?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:41 PM

it is possible. i have seen a legalized skyline in hawaii. remember thier laws are diffrent. you need to mellow and stop being sp negative. its not your money and its not your choice. i bought an s13 not to be a 12 second car but just somthing fun to drive. you dont have to have a fast car to have fun. maybe he wants an s15 because of its rwd, and wants it because of what it is...REAL...not peices and parts of other cars to make an s14.5. the 240 is not the next civic. maybe integra but its still not even thier yet. not even close.
even if he spends 50k on a faster car its still not an s15. i could have bought a honda its faster but i wanted an s13. your not getting it. you have made your point..you think it cant be done. wow... thats all that needs to be said about it. while im saying it can be...money makes the world go round...if you have money anything is possible. now we have both said all that we need to say about the s15 topic. but it doesnt need to go into ***** fight about it! you dont have to say smart *** things to make a point. like "its not gonna be easy cuz as of right now its not possible, but hey your source said so.did he tell you Santa is real?" that is what pisses me off. its not needed.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Contributing Member

dont get your panties in a bunch. its the intraweb. i dont understand why people get so butt hurt over the net.

you seen a legalized skyline?? in hawaii? because their laws are different?

what you dont grasp is the SR20DET ENGINE is ILLEGAL in the USA. lemme make it more simple to you, ALL JDM engines are illegal.

i repeat in BOLD

ALL JDM ENGINES ARE ILLEGAL

is it that hard to understand? it doesnt matter if HI has different laws vs CA. the engine is illegal all over. NY has different laws than CA but the SR is still illegal. TX has different laws, but the engine is still illegal. that is one reason why the car is illegal.

since you were about to get a honda, im sure you must be fimilarwith them

there is the B18C GSR engine in the US. so i guess the B18C from a integra SiR is the same because it has the same engine code and should be the same engine. with the same name, this should mean the engine [B18C SiR] is legal right? no.

wow, a legal skyline in hawaii. well i seen a legal skyline in CA. wats the big deal there? theres no argument there, why? because those cars were most likely LEGALIZED BY MOTOREX and were SOLD to a person in hawaii. big deal, theres a legal R32 less than 30mins away from me.

i seen this first hand. there is a person locally that bought a silver spec R to get it legalized, what do i see it now? "for sale"

i guess HS isnt teaching you guys about the laws.

Last edited by silviadriver; 02-28-2005 at 04:15 PM.

Quick Reply: s15?