General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

s15 info anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 06:02 PM

s15 info anybody?

what's up y'all....

i've been looking for a couple days in the internet on the availability of the silvia s15. i'm trying to find out if it's available in germany. i've decided to move overseas for a while and germany will most likely be my new home. so if anybody can help me out with this, please get back to me and let me know what's up.

and also, if anybody else knows this too...
the costs and procedures i'll have to take if importing the s15 to the US is possible.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:34 PM

The nissan (s15) silvia with the headlights and tail lights as most like them was never realized in any left hand drive countries to my knowledge, including most all of Europe. Although, the RSX is called the Honda Integra so maybe you get lucky.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Contributing Member

the new RSX is the new ITR but the old one wasn't to my knowledge. The new on gets the k20b engine which is the new ITR engine. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:41 AM

ok, but back to the subject of the s15...

in the RHD countries in europe, i could probably buy it there, and bring it to germany, am i right?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:41 AM

well alot of it depends on how you will be living in Germany...if you are going there with the US Military then it would most likely be easier to register and drive...if you are goin on your own then you have to get the car past te TUV inspection...which is not easy as it will have to be thoroughly checked over inside and out for everything from emmissions to leaks to wear of the suspension and body rust ....then if you decide to mod it you have to apply to the TUV agency to get the mod approved before you can do it...I was there with the Army and because I was registered through them it was much easier to do what I wanted with my car...it may be one heck of atrick to get it back over here though...from what I uderstand though is that if you have a vehicle that is 15 yrs or older you can import it through Canada without a ton of work...I know the S15 is pretty far from being that old yet though...and I do know that in the case of my state if you can get it imported and registered in Canada then you can change the registration here just as easy as changing from state to state would be...I am not saying it could not be done...but it would ef be a job whichever way you go with it
Old 12-12-2004, 05:12 PM

yeah, actually... i'll be going there with the US military.

thanks for the info dude... that helps a lot.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:58 AM

good thing you are going with the Military...it will make things a bit easier...at least to own one...I think importing it back here would still be a pain...I looked into importing a car I owned over there and because there was no crash test datafor the model I would have had toprovide them with at least 5 of them to destroy and make a decision on...and that would not guarantee that I could import them either..it was a bit crazy...however if the car were at least 15 years old you could see about importing through Canada...they have provisions for cars of that age...you would most likely need a friend there who is a citizen to make it happen though...but I am not sure about that part
Old 12-13-2004, 04:38 PM

well damn...

how exactly do you go about getting crash-test data? i'm not quite sure... but i'm assuming the s15 isn't a popular car to import to the US... so there would be a big chance that there is no available crash-test data for the car, right?