General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

stoopid question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:31 PM

stoopid question.

-alright, first of all the whole "300ZX fuel filter" upgrade thing ; does this just consist of replacing your stock 240sx fuel filter with a FRAM filter for the 300ZXTT? Second, what does this do? My car is running lean right now and i'm looking to help get it some more fuel flow. I got one for free (FRAM G7404) and i'm not sure if it increases fuel flow, or decreases fuel pressure, to lean out your car?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM

-can somebody help me out........please......
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM

the 300zx fuel filter is bigger then the stock 240 filters so it increases fuel flow to the engine....with more flow comes better response from the engine

edit: just replace ur filter with the 300zx filter

Last edited by Iwanta nismo; 06-18-2007 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member

just replace the stock fuel filter with a z32 one. all it helps is the flow of fuel. z32 flows smooth while the ka filter kinda flows like a 2 liter bottle turned upside down.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

yup a stupid question indeed j/k,

i've seen this argument beat to death on other forums so i'll post in this topic once.

i don't believe a larger (z32) filter will in any ways alter the flow of fuel for a few reasons but here are two.

1. the outlet is the same size as the oem filter.
2. the amount of fuel is still controlled by the pump, fpr, and injectors.

now, initially you will feel some boost in performance because your filter is brad new and free of particles that slow the flow.

like i said this is the only post i'll make here only because i've seen what this can lead to.

so until i see an actual test i'll stick to my beliefs. also i'd just like to add that i too use the z32 filter but only because for some reason it was cheaper than the oem filter at wal-mart
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
yup a stupid question indeed j/k,

i've seen this argument beat to death on other forums so i'll post in this topic once.

i don't believe a larger (z32) filter will in any ways alter the flow of fuel for a few reasons but here are two.

1. the outlet is the same size as the oem filter.
2. the amount of fuel is still controlled by the pump, fpr, and injectors.

now, initially you will feel some boost in performance because your filter is brad new and free of particles that slow the flow.

like i said this is the only post i'll make here only because i've seen what this can lead to.

so until i see an actual test i'll stick to my beliefs. also i'd just like to add that i too use the z32 filter but only because for some reason it was cheaper than the oem filter at wal-mart
You have really good points in the fact that if both have the same outlets, but maybe internally its designed to flow better? Sorry, bad day at work has my brain racked out to its limits and I cant think straight. But your two points do make sense.

I still cant believe a Z32 filter would be cheaper than any 240's... Now you got me wondering... Its been almost a year since I changed my filter, maybe I should change it out to a Z32 this summer. While Im at it, I need to replace all rubber fuel hoses. Been meaning to do that for quite sometime.