General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

What's your daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
Welcome to the forums Supra Woman. Good picks on rides!

My next project maybe a NA supra with a happy ending LOL
thanks and thanks. i too am looking for another supra, just a shell really and yeah happy endings mmmm like the sound of that
Old 06-19-2007, 08:47 AM

I get my happy ending at the washy washy
Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

Happy Ending is a dessert at Friendly's Restaurant over here.

I just wanted to say that
Old 06-19-2007, 09:55 AM

Isn't it always . . .BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!!!!

-Stig
Old 06-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Its either get the elusive Supra that Ive been dreaming over since I was 12, or pick up a G35 and build an all motor 400hp pimp-mobile.

Happy endings are always good, unless your the guy from that episode of Robot Chicken where the massage chick chases you all through town screaming asking for your happy ending... then gives you a fortune cookie as your "happy ending"
Old 06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Club240 Staff

For the past three years mine has been a tacoma, but since my brother is using it indefintely, my 06 STI has been my daily. None of my past 5 240s have ever been my DD
Old 06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Contributing Member

now in this case Charles, how do you like the STi? Is it as good as they claim it to be? dont get me wrong, Im looking at options for a new(er) car.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:27 AM

I test drove the STI, impressive, but there was no financing offers and for the money I just couldn't see it. For the same monthly paymentld have gotten almost anything else respectfully
Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 AM
Club240 Staff

I got mine below invoice and 3.9 financing through Subaru a year ago. Its a great car and it really shines with a few simple tweaks.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:22 AM

thinking about getting sti or wrx for the winter.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
I got mine below invoice and 3.9 financing through Subaru a year ago.
I'm looking to get one as low as 2%, I just need to finish paying off the frontier truck. I need a street legal turbo car (Living in California) and it was either a SAAB, EVO,SRT, Super Charged SS cobalt or Suby. Suby wins hands down...

The key to dropping interest within the 1% bracket is to pay off full 30 day card debts and to have no remainders. I also overpay on the Frontier, and my Girlfriend overpays monthly on the AWD Murano.....
We don't own a home yet so much of our financing is available, creditors like us..

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-21-2007 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:49 AM

My best friend, Potter, has an STi, very fun car to drive on the streets, in parking lots and on the track all the same. It's very capable and very "at home" in all environments.

That's his car posing next to my E30 heading back from not only work but we had a Nassau event that morning, so we were all very tired.

I drove it around and I even managed to get the tail to kick out and stay out on several occasions. I will say this, and correct me if I'm wrong here Charlie . . .but DAYUM can that car understeer. I mean, I know that I've been trained in all forms of performance driving, I've been taught to push all drive trains to their limits, and I am expected, by the SCCA, to be able to drive every car, at the brink of destruction, while still being able to invoke some sort of educational period . . .however, there were several times when I found myself looking at the steering wheel like "WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!"

The Evolution VIII I drove belongs to my friend Adam . . . and that thing was almost perfect, very easy to drive, the tail pushed it over when you wanted it and kept it tucked when you needed it. The STi, on the other hand, felt more like . . . .and don't kill me here . . . a family car when put directly against the Evolution, I'm not calling it a family car, I'm just saying that it's more relaxing and you feel more "at ease" driving the STi around then you do driving the Evo.

Now, I know this is where ALL Subaru guys chime in and say "Well if you do *this* to the sway bars" or "If you do *that* to the chassis", I've heard it all, LOL! So I'm not trying to incite some sort of defense hahahahahaha! I just found it to be odd that it drives like that, it's such a great car otherwise. It's EXTREMELY fast on the highway, wickedly well mannered on the road, and when it comes to actually driving it within its limits, there's no car that handles like it.

You can say that, the Evo is a better car to push on the track, while the STi is a better car to drive on the street. It's like, if you keep the STi within it's limits, and you keep the Evo within the STi's limits, then the STi will always be the better car. However, if you try to drive the STi within the Evo's limits . . .well . . .that's just not (in my opinion anyway) what the STi was made for.

-Stig
Old 06-21-2007, 06:52 AM

I hate the EVO for it's cheesy interior. Price tag is to high for cheesy gimmicks..
Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 AM

It's not the Evo, you just hate me
Old 06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Club240 Staff

Out of the box, the Evo is a better/easier track car. With the right mods and settings, the STI is really just as capable. I beat up on plenty evos at sebring and CMP. STI is all about setup. Stock, it is lacking. It is within factory specs to have positive front camber which is insane.

Last edited by CharlesJ; 06-21-2007 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: What's your daily driver?