General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

'When' not why...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:44 PM

'When' not why...

well i typed different ways of wording the topic of this thread in the search, and all i found was WHY you, the people on this forum, love the 240. But my question is:

WHEN did you fall in love with the 240sx?
WHAT made you love the 240sx?

*EDIT* i fell in love with the 240 when i was 13, and what is funny is that the first one i saw was a s13 because s13 i was 13 uh..yeah haha well, it was the first car i noticed when i walked into the first room at my first car show. oh man it was beauty, it had me at hello, haha. so what made me love the 240sx was it's ridiculously sexy look.

Last edited by E Spin; 03-21-2004 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:27 PM

I think this falls into the "Off-Topic" forum, but anyway. The reason I like 240s is because they are good looking, inexpensive RWD drive cars. RWD is KEY, because i am surrouned by FWD ricers. Oh yeah and I love Nissan !!!
Old 03-21-2004, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

Cheap RWD car

I fell for them about...2-3years ago
Old 03-21-2004, 10:35 AM

about 3-5 months ago my friend told me about them then i saw a few online and played nfs underground then my 85 325 bmw died so i got a 240
but it was the rwd that i liked i used to love to drift my bmw but i couldent afford to fix it
Old 03-21-2004, 12:07 PM

About a week after my first car was written off I was reading through car reviews and found ones for the 240sx.

A combination of their great looks and performance potential is what made me fall in love with em.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:30 PM

I always loved camaros but they didnt have the handling i wanted in a car, i found out about 240s and just fell in love, with an sr they are more powerful then my stock camaro was but with handling that cant be matched by any camaro. Many of my friends have nissans and i loved all of theirs.. 2.5 altima, 93 300zx na, 91 300zx tt, and 2002 se-r, just all amazing cars.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:51 PM

It was when I was 15. I was looking for a car, but I didn't want a Honda like everyone else around where I live. I wanted something different but didn't know too much about cars. I was looking online at different cars that were in my price range and one day I seen an s13 hatchback. I knew nothing about them at that time however and everyone I found was manual ( at that time I didn't know how to drive manual and my mom wanted my first car to be automatic) which resulted in me buying the lemon that was my Altima. The car was fine for the time, but in my heart I still wanted my 240sx, which I thought I would never get.

When the Altima went beyond repairable, I had it junked and the search for a new car began ( I was now 16). I was checking out local auto auctions just for a cheap beater car to get around in when I seen what I had been dreaming about for so long. They had a 1991 Nissan 240sx that would be up for auction. I didn't have a car to get to the auction so my mom asked her friend to take me, on the way there (not even 10 mins from my house) his car broke down. Everything seemed like it was falling apart. I started calling my friends, and finally after about half an hour of calling people, my one friend said he could "borrow" his moms car. So he came down and picked us up, and we were off to the auction, trying to get there on time.

Well we finally got there, and to my excitement we got there before the auction started. Me and my friend begin walking around the auction lot where they let the cars sit, and we started looking for the 240. It was about 20 degrees outside and we were looking for about half an hour when we finally seen it sitting near the end of the lot. I looked at it and was in awe. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen (and the first 240sx I had ever seen in person).

So then me and my friend ran back inside and waited patiently for the car to come through the auction lane. About two hours later, near the ending of the auction, the 240sx was pulled into the bidding lane. I started off the bid at $500. Someone started to bid against me, and when I seen who it was I was furious. It was the ******* who sold me the p.o.s Altima (who just happens to be my dad's brother-in-law). There was no way I was going to let this guy get my dream car. The bidding continued till $1000 dollars. I wasn't sure how much all the taxes and the other auction fee's were going to be so this was as high as I was first willing to go. Then at the last second he said $1400, I almost had a heart attack. I didn't want to spend anymore than $1000 but there was no way I was going to let him drive off with that car. So I after a few seconds of debating with myself I put the bid in for $1500. To my suprise he stopped bidding and I won my 240sx. After all the taxes and the auction fee's I ended up paying $1800, but that was nothing, because knowing that he didn't win the car, and I finally had what I had dreamt about for so long, was worth more than all the money in the world to me.

It's long I know, but I just thought I would share the whole story.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:04 PM

whoa your story is so cool! haha if i were in your shoes i'd do the samething and bid that 1500 so that guy didn't get the car. what i didn't get though was if he was your dad's brother in law wouldn't he know who you are? wouldn't that make that guy your uncle? i derno that just seems to be mean haha, but in the end you still walked away with your dream car! ^_^
Old 03-22-2004, 03:08 AM

Yeah he knew who I was and yeah I guess he's my uncle, he's still a ****ing *******
Old 03-22-2004, 03:14 AM

needed another project car after the integra(which i still have) so i decided to go with a RWD car, that would be fun to work on, and had modifying potential....and the 240 dropped in my lap. Got her for $600.00 bux
Old 03-25-2004, 08:03 AM

about a 1 year ago i was looking for a car...didnt want no honda cause everyone esle had one...was trying to get a 91 eclipse gst or gsx..while looking i saw my 240..and i was like ...:P....grab it with quickness....love my car....dont let no one but me drive it...ahha...
Old 03-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

about a year and a half ago. i've always liked 240's, but i didn't come to love them until the first time i drove one (incidentally, it would be the one i ended up buying later on ). my friend had let me borrow it overnight. that night, on the way home, i hit one of my favorite sections of twisty road that i used to run in my (go ahead and laugh) Cavalier. as i began to take each turn at 20, 30, and 35 mph faster than i could in the Cavvy (and with ease, mind u), i knew that i had found love. it wasn't by far the fastest car i've driven, but it was easily the most fun and sexiest.