General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Your setups for performance AND comfort

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Rek

Your setups for performance AND comfort

Hey, whats up people-

I was just wondering, as far as your suspension setups go, what are your preferred settings for having a tuned, streetable ride with the ability to go for a good grip or drift session, YET at the same time enjoy the comfort of your car.

Like for example, I hear about people with TEIN suspensions having a nice stiff ride, but some are also annoyed by this due to the face that they feel every bump & imperfection in the road.

I'm asking this, because I'm looking for good all-around suspension performance, but not at the cost of sacraficing my ride comfort. I'd appreciate some opinions based on what you guys have experienced, thanks.
Old 11-07-2003, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

you'll get more responses in the suspension forums bro.

I love my AGX's for that reason, not near as good as tein's, but I can set them for comfortable driving, then when i'm @ the track set them still as can be. But if I could afford it iwould probably get teins. But the AGX's were awesome for me.

Dr.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:34 PM

I have JIC and its a very stiff ride but I m comfortable with it and its not that bad of a ride either
Old 11-07-2003, 09:54 PM

I have AGX's and I have them set to the stiffest settings. Most of the time it doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes when I'm in a tired, worn out mood and I just want to get home, it can get annoying but that is very rare.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:19 AM

if i had the money, i would spring for the Tein's or JIC's, but i have AGX's and love them. even on the softest setting with my stock springs, they're very responsive. I also upgraded my front TC bushings to Nismo rubber. Right now, I feel a lot of the road's imperfections. And there are a lot on the backroads here. I'll probably be doing springs in the near future, so my ride comfort will probably decrease a bit.

The big thing is to remember that the stiffer the suspension becomes and the less you let your suspension deflect road bumps, the harsher the ride will become. Also, keep your suspension off of your bump stops and you'll be good to go.
Old 11-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Ive riden in a couple of 240s with Tein HAs and it isnt that bad of a ride at all. Ive riden in the hardest settings and inbetween setting and it isnt as bad as people say. of course the ride can be more smoother but wut do u except when upgrading to coilovers. I actually like the way it rides..