KA-T Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Question KA-T Advice

so anyway whats up lol but yea i was wondering if anyone could help me i read all the info and stuff and was wondering some good companies that are relitivly cheap to buy parts from im looking to go for full forged internals and all new gaskets obiously and maybe some cams but i need some advice on what i was thinking maybe a t25 but i wanna make about 300-350hp i kno its alot but thats what im shooting for at least 250 but i wanna know some good cheap parts such as turbo maniflold bov fmic/pipe aftermarket ecus? and if it would be better to throw on a better maf or somthing along those lines well i have a 3 inch cat back so i am in search of the turbo back exhuast to the catback no cat needed ahhh injectors fuel pump and what not just the basics i guess it dosnt matter about the tune because i have full acess to a shop that will do the dyno tuning cheap and also what other things may i need? bigger radiator? just if anyone can help id appreciate it thank you also is there a benifit to running a external wastegate? or internal? thank you peaCCe
Old 10-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by fbmbiker79
so anyway whats up lol but yea i was wondering if anyone could help me i read all the info and stuff and was wondering some good companies that are relitivly cheap to buy parts from im looking to go for full forged internals and all new gaskets obiously and maybe some cams but i need some advice on what i was thinking maybe a t25 but i wanna make about 300-350hp i kno its alot but thats what im shooting for at least 250 but i wanna know some good cheap parts such as turbo maniflold bov fmic/pipe aftermarket ecus? and if it would be better to throw on a better maf or somthing along those lines well i have a 3 inch cat back so i am in search of the turbo back exhuast to the catback no cat needed ahhh injectors fuel pump and what not just the basics i guess it dosnt matter about the tune because i have full acess to a shop that will do the dyno tuning cheap and also what other things may i need? bigger radiator? just if anyone can help id appreciate it thank you also is there a benifit to running a external wastegate? or internal? thank you peaCCe
wtf did you just say? some damn punctuation might help here. all I got was "i want a turbo and ecu 350hp"

retype that paragraph up there with better punctuation, and then you might get better help.

Also buy the GReddy TD06-20g turbo kit, comes with the GReddy emanage for tuning, and all the little parts you may need.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:47 PM

ok lol well ok im looking for some turbo info. i have a ka24de and im looking to go with forged internals. i am looking for some decent power between 250-350 i guess but want it some what reliable. i wanted to know a good company for forged internals at a decent price. i also would like some info on good bov,fmic,downpipe,manifold,ecu options,maf what one will be best? also what turbos will be good and decent price what im looking for is direction not criticism i have searched but dont know what is a deal really on the parts i dont want ebay specials i want somthing that will hold up for some time with not alot of problems thank you
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

ams brother and or JGY customs .. they have alot of support for the KA

the ams full forged kit is 1700 dollars you cant beat that with an aluminum bat.

and for low power that you are looking for, you will be able to sleep well at night.

also just becuase well i like to keep it simple.. a OEM over haul along with the right supporting mods will do just as well as a full forged build.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM

what do you recomond for the oem rebuild? forged isnt needed? do u sugest forged? this is a dd and i drift on weekends thats why i want some reliability
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

yea i have been drifting dragging and everything else on a boosted motor that had 79,000 miles when i got it.

oem is just that Orginal Equipment.

forged motors can blow also, tuning is big part of the picture with anything. check out the KA-t levels in the sticky if you have not already, that will give you a good idea, its not a bible by any means, but it will help you understand what you need to do for various HP levels.