Turbo Motor Discussions about aftermarket turbo'd 240sx and Silvias.

project: rps13 the sequal. any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 01:14 AM

project: rps13 the sequal. any advice?

I just finished swaping out my automatic tranny for a 5spd, im now taking in as much info on the perfect turbo ugrade for my baby. i'm shooting for no more than 315hp to the wheels, a nice low 7 to 10 psi of boost, and a sh#t load of torque at high rpms. plans include a mitsubishi super 16g turbo, lc pistons ratio: 7 1/2, and maybe an upgraded fuel rail from sds. the fuel rail might not be needed. i think thats it, what advice do you guys have? this is strickly a street car build for drift purposes.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:59 AM

Re: project: rps13 the sequal. any advice?

Originally posted by DCTperformance
I just finished swaping out my automatic tranny for a 5spd, im now taking in as much info on the perfect turbo ugrade for my baby. i'm shooting for no more than 315hp to the wheels, a nice low 7 to 10 psi of boost, and a sh#t load of torque at high rpms. plans include a mitsubishi super 16g turbo, lc pistons ratio: 7 1/2, and maybe an upgraded fuel rail from sds. the fuel rail might not be needed. i think thats it, what advice do you guys have? this is strickly a street car build for drift purposes.
why "7 1/2 " pistons? who told u to get those, lol....

and the part about wanting a tourqe car, then stating you want a drift car, kinda cancel themselves out...there is a reason people choose the high reving sr's over the ka for drift setups.......

you say upgraded fuel rail, but you dont mention the needed fuel pump, adding larger injectors, and needing a fuel rail...it looks like someone told you some parts, and now you want them for your car, the setup your planning dont make sense.....

16g is a mitsubishi turbo, there are much better options for that motor...the mitsu motor is a 2.0 liter, the KA (2.4liter) Or K2d as u call it, lol, would be better suited with a different turbo, like a T4 or T04 or something that you would find with research...

I think you should do a little more research before you jump into anything, and find out what people actually use to turbo their KA's, and not just try to make up your own turbo setup...check out the turbo kits sold for the car, and what other people are running, not what some guy in your town has on his dsm or whatever, and now u want...

jesse
Old 12-18-2002, 09:55 AM
Contributing Member